Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Remember how loud the redbirds were, especially running express?

I remember riding that on (4) and (5) as well.

I also remember when 9-11 attack and my attend to go to school no matter what and I ran from 96th St-CPW to 96th St-Broadway after I overheard plane hit the tower that halting subway.

I did not know that time subway was halted, and I spotted redbird (5) going uptown on 7th Av line.

Maybe for Holiday Season, they should operate on (1)~(6).

Na they wasnt that load, I miss the Vintages, I wonder where I can spot a Gunn Red R30/27 hmm..

Ah, i miss riding the redbirds on the (2)(4) and <5> express run in manhttan. It was nice to ride them again on the those express runs on the 8/2 fan trip.:):D

As loud as the R142s with their HVAC on the max?

Nothing in revenue service is louder than a R142. Redbirds don't come close. Maybe the Concorde jets around JFK came close.

I know the Redbird itself wasn't loud, but they were just rickety or something. Like, the sound of the click clack was just so much louder on those.

The R142 is crazy... I love when it takes off, the sequential higher pitched sounds...

I remember riding that on (4) and (5) as well.

I also remember when 9-11 attack and my attend to go to school no matter what and I ran from 96th St-CPW to 96th St-Broadway after I overheard plane hit the tower that halting subway.

I did not know that time subway was halted, and I spotted redbird (5) going uptown on 7th Av line.

Maybe for Holiday Season, they should operate on (1)~(6).

And also on the (7)

Nothing in revenue service is louder than a R142. Redbirds don't come close. Maybe the Concorde jets around JFK came close.

A t/o has to turn the HVAC off when he wants to warn workers with a loud horn, because if it was on nobody would hear the upcoming train. :D

The redbirds werent that loud for me, i think that the R142's were louder, the R142's loudnes cuz of the HVAC is annoying.

this may sound weird, but everytime i took a redbird on the (2)(4)(5)(6)(7) lines, id get a huge headache. maybe the color red was annoying? idk wat it was but i used to always get off a redbird train with a headache. thank god those trains are gone.

142s are Loud underground, and on EL stations that have the Old walls, like Intervale/Westchester station on (2)(5) .

Other then that they are not loud but ONLY in the tube

Redbirds I cant say they are loud, Ive been riding them since i was like little, before retirement, and ive never seen them loaud

when I want on the SMEE tour in the summer, none were loud

the second loadest in the R142A.

seems like T/A needs to replace the HVACs

They weren't that loud. I just hated the power gaps, when the lights go off while the train was moving? That was creepy.

hell no, it was AWESOME! ;) , I love being om train thats dark, that happing to be like 5x.

As for the redbird cut off, it happens when it hits a junction and there is no 3rd rail, just like the A/C -/ Fan turns off..

R10's in the 1980's trump all.

Nooooo doubt about it. You weren't truly deaf until you've ridden in an R10 (C) during the summertime with all the windows down and all the end doors held open. However, I must say that the redbirds on the (2) were fun to ride.

Nooooo doubt about it. You weren't truly deaf until you've ridden in an R10 (C) during the summertime with all the windows down and all the end doors held open. However, I must say that the redbirds on the (2) were fun to ride.

Heh I remember riding the thunderbirds in their final years as a little guy "look a green train" ;) those were without a doubt the loudest thing I've ever ridden

Heh I remember riding the thunderbirds in their final years as a little guy "look a green train" ;) those were without a doubt the loudest thing I've ever ridden

Yes they were!!!;) And with the steel brake shoes causing spotted wheels, it only made the train louder! My only regret working for the TA is not having had the opportunity to operate an R10 as a T/O or C/R. I'm sure the triggers and caps would have been a very interesting experience.