Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
User

Minibus on fixed-route service

Recommended Posts

NICE is running minibuses intermittently on the n57 and the n80. I've seen them frequently switch off between these and 40 ft buses including on the same day in the same morning/afternoon.

I monitored the n57 one afternoon. The first run at ~2:40pm was done by a 40 ft then that driver switched to the n25. The next run never showed up and never got filled, then this thing pulled in from south of Great Neck and started doing the n57 at ~3:50pm:

K7nZLzl.jpg

The destination sign, before it was switched to the n57, was for the Mercy Medical Shuttle. If it was previously doing that route and was supposed to cover the missing run, then the interlining for these is poorly planned. Also, I've seen occurrences where there has been a decent amount of people on an n57 run, possibly more than this vehicle would fit comfortably.

 

How much money do you think NICE is actually saving by doing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think NICE should do this for the n36, n45, n50, and n51. 

They must've changed the code on the buses. It saves a lot on milegae or 40 ft buses and gives 30ft buses something to do.

SCT put the S20 on a Minibus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s especially concerning here tho is that there appear to be paper signs on there for the n22 and n24....

hope it’s never come to that ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

What’s especially concerning here tho is that there appear to be paper signs on there for the n22 and n24....

hope it’s never come to that ...

It might've worked the shuttle from Roosevelt Field Mall to Hicksville.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

What’s especially concerning here tho is that there appear to be paper signs on there for the n22 and n24....

hope it’s never come to that ...

The n22 and n24 are doing fine as they are. It's mostly newly released inmates from Nassau Correctional Facility that's giving NICE a headache. Most of the prisoners were released during new years and given a free bus ride to leave the area, to my shock most of them returned to the old haunts and caused havoc to local business in the Long Beach area.

This is all part of some new law the governor put in place for bail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 10:19 PM, User said:

....How much money do you think NICE is actually saving by doing this? 

Being that NICE has buses DH-ing all over the county, I'd say much of none....

The (rhetorical) question I have is, what bus broke down now......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, NY1635 said:

The n22 and n24 are doing fine as they are. It's mostly newly released inmates from Nassau Correctional Facility that's giving NICE a headache. Most of the prisoners were released during new years and given a free bus ride to leave the area, to my shock most of them returned to the old haunts and caused havoc to local business in the Long Beach area.

This is all part of some new law the governor put in place for bail.

Funny I live in Long Beach and there was no crazies running around causing mayhem.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 10:29 PM, Tom Meadow said:

Funny I live in Long Beach and there was no crazies running around causing mayhem.

What is your opinion on the current service level that NICE provides for the N15 and N33?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far for the n15 it gets good service.I think it’s every 15-20 minutes there’s a bus as for the 33 I never took but seems like it carries a good amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 11:04 PM, User said:

What is your opinion on the current service level that NICE provides for the N15 and N33?

The n33 needs more service hours. IIRC, it's terminal in Far Rockaway was moved away from the one near the (A) station to the stand at Mott and Beach 21st with the n31/32 and Q22, creating a longer conga line.

the n33 gets in and out of Far Rockaway pretty quick, usually right before the n31/32. 

IIRC, the n33's ridership comes from Long Beach LIRR, Seagirt Blvd, and Mott Avenue.

 

Edited by NY1635

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.