Disgraced Engineer.

Ellcapitan

I am a former MNRR Locomotive Engineer. I spent my first 8 years as an M of E Electrician, then 13 years as an Engineer. In 2017 I made the stupid mistake of tampering with equipment in an operating cab. I obstructed a newly installed camera with an envelope. Since I had an exemplary disciplinary and safety record up to that point, I was kept on but on a "last chance" basis. The following year, I violated the attendance policy because my 3 small children needed medical attention. I applied for, and was approved for, FMLA, but not in time to save my job. After dedicating 21 years of my life to MNRR, I was forced to resign, and to agree to never come back. The nearly year and a half that followed...up to this day...have been very difficult and depressing for me. I moved my family from upstate NY to Florida to be with family, doing any odd job I could find. I've made many attempts to hire on to different railroads, all of them have failed. I then moved my family back up north--this time, Connecticut--on the promise of an Engineer job on a small railroad in Hartford CT. Once I got up here, this too failed. Back to odd jobs... As heartbreaking as this might all might sound, it might--just might--be for the better. Before I left FL, I applied for Engineer Trainee for none other than the LIRR. To my surprise, I heard back from them one I got to CT! Got invited to their open house...passed. Got invited to the Signal/Definition overview/test, and that brings us to this day. Overview is on Jan 11, 2020. I've been through a lot so wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Damn man, why this world is so rude. I mean, you have gone a long way learning for an engineer, and now after 21 years of work, you're fired because of other things. Hopefully, I'm going to be an engineer too, isn't it awesome? And I already found an agency that will provide the next steps after University. So many choices to make, but how I said, I'm not going to change my mind. I hope that you will find a good option for work. I'd suggest trying to get hired in good companies( https://www.nolanrecruitment.com/ ). If the company you work for has a good reputation, you will have excellent conditions.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...