Flatbush Oddities Part 1

BM5 via Woodhaven

They look great on the B41....... The other day the Depot union wanted the sbs wrap buses onto the B41, B/2/B31 only since the other routes on the depot are causing mass confusion when they're on the local service.. For example a local 46 was using the wrap buses and it caused a major issue where passengers thought it was an sbs bus in service. 

6 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

They look great on the B41....... The other day the Depot union wanted the sbs wrap buses onto the B41, B/2/B31 only since the other routes on the depot are causing mass confusion when they're on the local service.. For example a local 46 was using the wrap buses and it caused a major issue where passengers thought it was an sbs bus in service. 

This still a problem with the local scheme buses. You ride 7649/50 on a local B46 and they people think its an SBS. 

6 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

This still a problem with the local scheme buses. You ride 7649/50 on a local B46 and they people think its an SBS. 

But, how? I’m confused even with that notion. It’s simple. If a bus has blue local scheme than it’s a local. If it has aqua than it’s a SBS. Look in the next few weeks all those 76xx buses will become local and we will see where the confusion lies. 

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

But, how? I’m confused even with that notion. It’s simple. If a bus has blue local scheme than it’s a local. If it has aqua than it’s a SBS. Look in the next few weeks all those 76xx buses will become local and we will see where the confusion lies. 

the confusion lies with people being LAZY. lazy minded individuals don't bother looking at destination signs or even the actual color scheme of the bus. people just see a large vehicle, translate it in their mind as "BUS! must be the one i need, so I'm getting on, and it better be going where I need to go..."

not all, but some.

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

5 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

the confusion lies with people being LAZY. lazy minded individuals don't bother looking at destination signs or even the actual color scheme of the bus. people just see a large vehicle, translate it in their mind as "BUS! must be the one i need, so I'm getting on, and it better be going where I need to go..."

not all, but some.

You nailed!! lol 

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Yes some of the passengers out there are getting confused, like EastFlatbushLarry stated  that some of the passengers are just  lazy to even read the destination sign. I will only give credit to passengers that may be visual impaired or have some sort of disabilities. Like yesterday I blew my swing "Break/Lunch" and I was instructed by Console Command Center to do a short trip to Empire Blvd after my lunch break and start back the other direction at my regular time. I swear the destination sign stated in big bold letters  "B41  EMPIRE BLVD" and I also pre-recorded on my phone with the Speak4me app onto the bus speakers where each time the door opens the outside speakers repeats 3 times "This is the B41 To Empire Blvd.....Last stop Empire Blvd" and I made sure I put the volume on the speakeasy announcement loud enough that it would just annoyed the crap out of you and I still had passengers asking me if I was going downtown or they all look shock when they find out my last stop is empire blvd.  

Some of the passengers on the B41 thinks the sbs wrap buses are limited buses only.... All they see a big blue bus with the sbs color scheme and they assume its a limited bus.