April 2020 bus changes: B1 conversion to articulated buses

Union Tpke

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kris Brain said:

Is #4799 officially off the roster?

Considering it suffered a rear engine fire and it's around 7 years old (around 1/2 the lifespan), I don't think they'll pull a 8017 and rebuild it but they've surprised me before. It takes them awhile to assess and rebuild it anyways, 5252 (ex-5295) took 6 years to rebuild but that bus was around 2-3 years old at the time of the crash. 

57 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Considering it suffered a rear engine fire and it's around 7 years old (around 1/2 the lifespan), I don't think they'll pull a 8017 and rebuild it but they've surprised me before. It takes them awhile to assess and rebuild it anyways, 5252 (ex-5295) took 6 years to rebuild but that bus was around 2-3 years old at the time of the crash. 

#5299.

15 minutes ago, RtrainBlues said:

I saw the extremely bright blue blinkers on the front of a Bay Ridge bound (articulated) B1 approx 9:30pm Wednesday, which were quite painful to the eyes, as it had already gotten dark out. 

Mainly 4749. It blinks both left and right the front of the bus. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, aemoreira81 said:

I'm surprised the MTA has not disabled the blue lights on these buses. Yesterday, 4749 was running with the SBS blinker lights on, which the state said was not allowed (that's why one has the blue signs instead). It was likely triggered unintentionally.

They prolly just missed those buses when they were uninstalling them. The blue lights are hooked up to the SBS mode of the bus and since that's what every bus in the city is doing right now, you're gonna see all the buses that never got them uninstalled.