April 2020 bus changes: B1 conversion to articulated buses

Union Tpke

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

yes. the B41, B44 local & B49 all interline... and have done so for YEARS. there are early trips on the B41 that run to empire, deadhead to empire & bedford and become 49's. also there are 49's that get relieved at flatbush & rogers, then do reliefs at the junction on the 44 local, and vice versa. there are the school trips on the 44 local, as i stated earlier, that appear on the B46 local, B47, B12, B49, B41, etc. the school open 44 local is basically flatbush's wildcat. technically, in my opinion, the B2, B31, B41, B44, B46 local & B49 should be considered true interlines with different header numbers, based solely on the fact that in some way shape or fashion, all the runs mesh together. before I forget, there are at least 2 trips on the B2 & 31 that technically interline with the 41. they come to kings plaza as b2's, leave as 41's with empire destination codes (i believe) but the operator doesn't complete the trip. the operator is relieved at avenue p and goes home. 

Appreciate the clarification. 
I will say this. By reading this it’s only right that FB/JG split the 1 so that the 49 is not lost. Honestly, I cannot see FB losing the 49 but once you posted the run sheets for the 49 and the comparison of the B1 run sheet looking similarly alike that the 49 may leave. 

However, it’s a wait and see process and it’s only January. Anything could change between now and then. 

4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

The S52 used to have a school tripper in Stapleton. I don’t remember the school..... (it’s not I.S.49, but it’s at some school near the stop right before that Post Office on Tompkins Av).

The elementary school (P.S.14)?

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

For SI I know the S42, 44, 46, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 61, 76, 78, and 79 all have school pieces. I'll have to check up to confirm if the 51, 52, and 62 have. 

Starting from KB, Ocean Pkwy is the shortest, then you have 25th Ave, and then 13th Ave. Some buses put Stillwell Ave too but thats one stop away from 25th so technically the same. 

The S62 has a trip from Victory & Forest to Travis at 3pm to serve Notre Dame. I'm pretty sure the S51 has a trip from I.S.2 (Midland & Boundary) towards St. George.

21 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

The elementary school (P.S.14)?

The S62 has a trip from Victory & Forest to Travis at 3pm to serve Notre Dame. I'm pretty sure the S51 has a trip from I.S.2 (Midland & Boundary) towards St. George.

I was trying to edit my post but it was too late, basically every local route except the S40, S48 and S52 have school pieces. 

1 minute ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I was trying to edit my post but it was too late, basically every local route except the S40, S48 and S52 have school pieces. 

I have to double-check but I am pretty sure the S48 has a tripper from either I.S.27 (Forest & Broadway) or I.S.51 (Forest & Willowbrook) heading west.

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Some are still there. Others became Q20s.

I thought they removed them all? It's not listed in the timetable.

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I have to double-check but I am pretty sure the S48 has a tripper from either I.S.27 (Forest & Broadway) or I.S.51 (Forest & Willowbrook) heading west.

Isn't there a few staten island school trippers that are interlined with express buses, or did they stop doing that?

17 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I thought I replied to this, but I don't know what happen to it:

Unfortunately, some of the bus schedules can be misleading, and have trippers listed that were discontinued years ago. Also, some of the MTA Bus company routes have school trippers but do not have the supplemental service advisory. You actually have to do a little more research into that

For Queens specifically, here's should be all of them:

Off Route Tripper:

Q1 (Needs Verification), Q4, Q7, Q8, Q11, Q17, Q21, Q22, Q25, Q27, Q30, Q31, Q36, Q41, Q43, Q46, Q58, Q76, Q77, Q83, Q85, Q88, 

Along parts or all of their regular route:

Q2, Q3, Q20, Q28, Q34, Q38, Q44, Q47, Q54, Q65, Q66, Q111, Q112

What off route tripper does the Q25 have? The only additional trips I know of are the ones that go into service at Jewel Ave either to College Point and or to Jamaica. 

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Appreciate the clarification. 
I will say this. By reading this it’s only right that FB/JG split the 1 so that the 49 is not lost. Honestly, I cannot see FB losing the 49 but once you posted the run sheets for the 49 and the comparison of the B1 run sheet looking similarly alike that the 49 may leave. 

However, it’s a wait and see process and it’s only January. Anything could change between now and then. 

personally, i can't fathom the 49 anywhere else but Flatbush. i despise the thought of pull in's & pull outs from UP to KCC, empire/bedford (49LTD trips) ocean/Avenue U or even avenue p/kings hwy/ocean avenue area (which was brought up in conversation re: splitting the 49 in that area 🙄

the current 49 pull outs to KCC & Flatbush/foster (where the relief point currently is and was back in the day before management foolishly moved it to avenue U & ocean) work seamlessly. hell, in years past, pull in's/pull outs from avenue u/ocean worked... outside of am & pm rush where avenue u became a parking lot. the 49 can't go to, say, east ny (which someone addressed me about possibly using Atlantic Avenue like the east ny B51's used to) but again, as it's been said DOB will ultimately decide. regardless, the 49 already has issues and i don't see them being resolved at UP, only magnified. re: the B1... I'm putting it in God's hands. it'll be a very interesting time in Brooklyn, I'm sure... at least until the proposed redesigned network is released. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q001cur.pdf

https://new.mta.info/document/6256

The Q1 appears to have a tripper from Martin Van Buren HS at 231 Street and Hillside Avenue as indicated from the top of the map on page 12 of 12 of both schedules (Jan 2019 and Sept 2019). Not certain if it heads towards Jamaica or one of the branches south of Hillside Ave.

Edited by Uncle Floyd Fan

4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

What off route tripper does the Q25 have? The only additional trips I know of are the ones that go into service at Jewel Ave either to College Point and or to Jamaica. 

There's a Q25 tripper from 164th Street and Goethals Ave to Jamaica.

3 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

The Q1 appears to have a tripper from Martin Van Buren HS at 231 Street and Hillside Avenue as indicated from the top of the map on page 12 of 12 of both schedules (Jan 2019 and Sept 2019). Not certain if it heads towards Jamaica or one of the branches south of Hillside Ave.

It indicates it on the schedule, but it doesn't have the supplemental note in the schedule, nor is there anything on bustime or in the GTFS data which indicates this. OTOH, the Q58 trippers from IS 73 are not shown anywhere (off-route tripper). 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

13 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

There's a Q25 tripper from 164th Street and Goethals Ave to Jamaica.

It indicates it on the schedule, but it doesn't have the supplemental note in the schedule, nor is there anything on bustime or in the GTFS data which indicates this. OTOH, the Q58 trippers from IS 73 are not shown anywhere (off-route tripper). 

Dang I never knew that and this is my home route for the past 19 years. I know the Q65 has trips that start and end over there but I never knew the Q25 did as well. 
Where is the bus stop at cause I don’t ever recall seeing a sign and is it a tripper for St Johns students? 

On the topic of these almost obscure MTA bus school trippers I know that the Q65A (Q64) used to have a tripper from Parsons Blvd & 77th Ave to Queens Blvd but I think they got rid of it a few years back. I don’t think anyone hardly used it because there was no sign at the bus stop indicating that a Q65A school tripper ran from there. Well there was at one point but they got rid of it once the Q65A became the Q64.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

54 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Dang I never knew that and this is my home route for the past 19 years. I know the Q65 has trips that start and end over there but I never knew the Q25 did as well. 
Where is the bus stop at cause I don’t ever recall seeing a sign and is it a tripper for St Johns students? 

On the topic of these almost obscure MTA bus school trippers I know that the Q65A (Q64) used to have a tripper from Parsons Blvd & 77th Ave to Queens Blvd but I think they got rid of it a few years back. I don’t think anyone hardly used it because there was no sign at the bus stop indicating that a Q65A school tripper ran from there. Well there was at one point but they got rid of it once the Q65A became the Q64.

Scratch that, after looking at the trip in question closely, it's actually a Q65 tripper. I thought it was a Q25 tripper because the tripper is part of a Q25 run and is the first trip done once pulling out in the PM. However, that run finishes off on the Q65 in the AM, and I didn't take that into account.  So the only trippers the Q25 should have are along its route.  

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It indicates it on the schedule, but it doesn't have the supplemental note in the schedule, nor is there anything on bustime or in the GTFS data which indicates this.

I also didn't see anything on bustime. This Google streetview from Aug 2018 shows the actual stop.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.732829,-73.7396195,3a,15y,277.95h,94.69t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxirf05sbzoVdg-hFw3jfYg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

With that said, I can't say for sure if the Q1 is used a tripper from Martin Van Buren HS.

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Scratch that, after looking at the trip in question closely, it's actually a Q65 tripper. I thought it was a Q25 tripper because the tripper is part of a Q25 run and is the first trip done once pulling out in the PM. However, that run finishes off on the Q65 in the AM, and I didn't take that into account.  So the only trippers the Q25 should have are along its route.  

I was going to say... Because I have seen buses that were signed up as Q65 - Goethals av, not 25's.... I don't even know where Goethals av is, off-top (first thing I think of when I see the word Goethals, is Staten Island... Loll...), but I never bothered to think those were trippers on the Q65.....

On 1/19/2020 at 6:32 PM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

thank you for that. as we all know, those runs will be "adjusted"/cut/"modified" due to artic conversion.

also to be noted: even if/when the B49 goes to UP, it's my belief that Flatbush will still retain the school trippers on the 49, as they did when the 47 went to Grand Avenue. just a reminder: pretty much any school trip done by a Flatbush Depot run is being performed by a B44 local (school open) paddle... in exception of the 44 & 46 sbs's. 

if I'm not mistaken, there are 2 schools in/around Beach channel drive (one jhs which the name escapes me) that have Q21 school trippers (i believe there are 2) begin in the rockaways (the Q22 has school trips from there as well) i believe the q21 school trips skip the howard beach loop, run straight on cross bay & turn on 157 to serve lindenwood, if I remember correctly. feel free to correct me if you have knowledge of this. 

It's Beach Channel HS and JHS 180 (aka Rockaway Beach). According to google maps, the Q21 makes those stops along Cross Bay. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:19 AM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I thought I replied to this, but I don't know what happen to it:

Unfortunately, some of the bus schedules can be misleading, and have trippers listed that were discontinued years ago. Also, some of the MTA Bus company routes have school trippers but do not have the supplemental service advisory. You actually have to do a little more research into that

For Queens specifically, here's should be all of them:

Off Route Tripper:

Q1 (Needs Verification), Q4, Q7, Q8, Q11, Q17, Q21, Q22, Q25, Q27, Q30, Q31, Q36, Q41, Q43, Q46, Q58, Q76, Q77, Q83, Q85, Q88, 

Along parts or all of their regular route:

Q2, Q3, Q20, Q28, Q34, Q38, Q44, Q47, Q54, Q65, Q66, Q111, Q112

I have some from back in the day (PBL days):
Q1-Used to have a tripper from IS 109. That went to Bellerose. The current tripper from Martin Van Buren HS goes to Jamaica

Q3- Used to have a tripper from IS 238 to Rockaway Blvd

Q4-Trippers from IS 192 go to Jamaica and Cambria Hts. The Campus Magnet (nee Andrew Jackson) trippers go to Jamaica

Q5- Trippers from IS 59, IS 231, August Martin HS and Springfield Gardens HS. Either went to Jamaica or Rosedale LIRR

Q6-Had a tripper from JHS 202 that terminated at Rockaway Blvd. 

Q7-I think during the PBL days, it had a tripper from August Martin HS that went to Rockaway Blvd (A). Trippers from John Adams and JHS 226 went to 150 and Rockaway.

Q8-From JHS 202 to Jamaica. Now only goes to Euclid Av (A)(C) . 

Q11- Tripper from JHS 202 ended at Jamaica Av (J) 

Q17- Tripper from Ryan JHS went to Flushing. I think the Francis Lewis HS went to Jamaica or Flushing

Q23- Had a tripper from Forest Hills HS that went to East Elmhurst. 

Q27- Trippers from Cardozo HS go to Flushing and Cambria. Trippers from Van Buren go to Cambria.

Q30-Trippers from JHS 67 go to Jamaica. I think It has or had some Cardoza.

Q31- Trippers from Ryan JHS went to Jamaica. Trippers from Cardoza went to Northern and Bell

Q36-Tripper from IS 109 goes to Jamaica

Q37-Tripper from JHS 202 went to Kew Gardens. Tripper from John Adams HS went to Kew Gardens or South Ozone Park

Q43- Tripper from Van Buren goes to Jamaica LIRR. Tripper from Glen Oaks HS does the same as well

Q44- I think it had trippers from John Bowne and Flushing HS's during the pre SBS days. 

Q50-Has a school tripper from Monsignor Scanlan to Pelham Bay (6) 

Q54- Had a school tripper from Grover Cleveland HS that went to Jamaica

Q60- Had a tripper from JHS 168 that went to Jamaica.

Q76-Has trippers from Bayside HS to Jamaica. I think QV Still has them. 

Q77- Has a tripper from IS 192 that goes to Springfield Gardens. Used to have school trippers from IS 59 and 231 that went to Jamaica

Q83- Has a tripper from IS 192 that goes to Jamaica. Used to have trippers from IS 109 that went to Jamaica. Used to have a tripper from IS 192 that went to Queens Village LIRR. 

Q84- Had a tripper from IS 59 that went to Laurelton

Q85- Has a tripper from IS 231 that goes to Jamaica. Used to have trippers from Springfield Gardens HS and IS 231 that went to Rosedale

Q110- Used to have a school tripper from IS 109 that went to Jamaica.

Q111- Had a school tripper from August Martin HS that went to Jamaica. Had school tripper from IS 231 that went to Rosedale.

Q113- Had school tripper from August Martin HS to Far Rockaway. 

15 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

It goes to Jamaica Terminal

7 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I was going to say... Because I have seen buses that were signed up as Q65 - Goethals av, not 25's.... I don't even know where Goethals av is, off-top (first thing I think of when I see the word Goethals, is Staten Island... Loll...), but I never bothered to think those were trippers on the Q65.....

It's the street by Queens Hospital. You'd think they would be signed as such...

Edited by Q43LTD
Forgot to add something

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

Q7-I think during the PBL days, it had a tripper from August Martin HS that went to Rockaway Blvd (A). Trippers from John Adams and JHS 226 went to 150 and Rockaway.

Can confirm(I went to 226). The Q10 also had school trippers from 226 to 150th Avenue.

---------------------
Word is that the B1 WILL be retained at Ulmer Park.....

NOW is the time we can start asking questions, because I have a few myself...

Edited by Cait Sith

21 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Can confirm(I went to 226). The Q10 also had school trippers from 226 to 150th Avenue.

---------------------
Word is that the B1 WILL be retained at Ulmer Park.....

NOW is the time we can start asking questions, because I have a few myself...

How wonderful.......

I wonder how this is going to be pulled off.. At least the good news is that the TA has a little under 90 days to complete this task. However, I hope this gets scrapped all together.

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

I forgot about the Q10 school trippers. I think the Q69 (nee Q19A) had a tripper from LIC HS to Jackson Hts. 

Didnt the Q69 use to go all the way to the ferry terminal on the east river? Or am I confusing the two?

Edited by Lawrence St