April 2020 bus changes: B1 conversion to articulated buses

Union Tpke

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

(😂😂😂. Spills coffee ️ all over my desk). Of course that’s what Mr. Cirprano would say. This is the same guy that wants to cut service on a top 10 bus line in the city and it’s in Brooklyn. I will reserve that comment for another day. 

Yes, I’m in full agreement with you in regards to Gun Hill busiest lines. However, no excuse to send out horrible buses that can’t be maintained properly. 

He also said that 2020 would be the year of the bus. lol

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

Kingsbridge was terrible at running the Bx39. The route was so unreliable I was late almost every day to wherever I needed to go and honestly it wasn't a viable option anymore. I don't even recall Gun Hill having those problems when they had the Bx39, You had missing runs, extremely late buses, and per occasion severe Bus Bunching. Just recently on Sunday West Farms Depot took over the Bx39 - West Farms surrendered the Bx15 LTD, Weekend/Overnight to Kingsbridge, and I've been riding the Bx39 since Sunday and the route is much more frequent now and reliable, besides the extra put-ins they've added from Parkchester.

I can. When Gun Hill ran the Bx39, they had the same problems as Kingsbridge. In the past, they were reliable up until the service cuts in 2010 when the Bx39 was extended to Wakefield. That’s when the line became horrible. They increase service months after the service cuts and service became reliable again, but after a couple years it went downhill and those problems crept back up again.

3 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

@Via Garibaldi 8 Speaking of Kingsbridge...

2012 New Flyer XD60 4744 - Bx39 To Clason Point

Honestly, if these remaining 4700's end up going to Ulmer or Flatbush. I wonder if those Bus Cleaners, Mechanics, Maintainers, etc even know what in Hell is coming towards them... 😆

eTaaAqd3cbQkb292bNA8zxNwnWTB6cHNhJiq4ZlBfNrc-OMK4Mhuvz_iuWCWw3cIpAegigE9RhAHnVNX

I've also documented much more with panels of some XD60's nearly falling off, oil leakages by the Equipment Cabinet, Missing lights, Torn up and ripped up floors, Extremely dirty and disgusting buses, vandalized buses, and you can simply imagine the list at this point...

When Kingsbridge had the D60HF's, they ran those things into the ground. Parts falling off, garbage piling up in the inside, I remember those days and I don't miss them one bit. I don't ride the Bx9 like I used to because of horrible the buses were and how often the bus was late, bunched, missing or a combo of the 3. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

.... This is totally disrespectful. I would hope that Ulmer Park or Flatbush don’t receive any of these buses. Sheesh, send the worse performing buses to the scrap yard. This is no way to run service with panels coming off, interior in shambles and etc.  Out of the 3 depots in The Bronx. West Farms does a good job in maintaining their buses.

I think Ulmer Park should have no problem at all with those buses if the way Grand Avenue has turned around their batch of 4700's is any indication. They needed some TLC when they first got them but they're performing flawlessly now.

9 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I think Ulmer Park should have no problem at all with those buses if the way Grand Avenue has turned around their batch of 4700's is any indication. They needed some TLC when they first got them but they're performing flawlessly now.

You are correct. Some of those GA 4700’s do have some pickup. I’ll say this, anything could change between now and early/mid April when the next scheduled pick takes place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like the rest of the 2012 4700 XD60s will make their way to Brooklyn (good riddance). 

Looks like there will be about 27 buses for the B1. 

UP might send back all those miscellaneous 2015 XD40s back to FB, FP, ENY, etc. 

Somethings not adding up though, are there any plans to make an artic route convert back to standards? 

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Well looks like the rest of the 2012 4700 XD60s will make their way to Brooklyn (good riddance). 

Somethings not adding up though, are there any plans to make an artic route convert back to standards? 

no they have busses  that were supposed to be used on the q58  if it had been converted.

4 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Those miscellaneous buses will end up back at Fresh Pond and East New York respectively. 

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the Ulmer Part I live by an Ulmer Route which is the B6. And Man when I tell you those XD40s they have them sh*ts are in horrid condition  Theres no way I'm seeing half of your X equipment  with the paint scheme  chipping off and then you got there 2014-2015 units looking burnt to a Crisp like it went through world war 3 and then you got there 2018 -2019 units looking beat up as well . And I cant forget that day I rode #4898 on the B6 and the bus its self was so dirty and it had spit on the floors and stuff had tons of dirty wrappers and stuck gum and dried up juice stains and some graffiti  on the seats and the smell of the bus was so bad  it was like they didnt even decide too check or clean out the bus its self. I just recently  seen an EX FP unit which is #7256 on the B6 when I got off the (3) and the the back of the bus on the sides have the Piece broken off I'm like bruh FP never gave you bus in that condition  so why do you have to give them it back in that way. I Love Ulmer but they been slipping  on there maintenance  I cant be the only person that notice it and yes Ik people litter on the bus causing it to look trashed up but the rest of that is on there hands on how they handle  there buses. I do remember  when they were on top of there game with the buses looking shiny and good and then after that it's like they fallen apart so I cannot agree or say that when the XD60s come to them they will do better because if there have there X Equipment  looking beat down likes ENY then idk what makes a difference  on that . Some may not agree with me or not but I'm just going off on what I've seen and stuff just personally. I just need them too step there game up a bit that's all but other then that the rest of the XD60s are coming to Brooklyn  like I knew they would.

53 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the Ulmer Part I live by an Ulmer Route which is the B6. And Man when I tell you those XD40s they have them sh*ts are in horrid condition  Theres no way I'm seeing half of your X equipment  with the paint scheme  chipping off and then you got there 2014-2015 units looking burnt to a Crisp like it went through world war 3 and then you got there 2018 -2019 units looking beat up as well . And I cant forget that day I rode #4898 on the B6 and the bus its self was so dirty and it had spit on the floors and stuff had tons of dirty wrappers and stuck gum and dried up juice stains and some graffiti  on the seats and the smell of the bus was so bad  it was like they didnt even decide too check or clean out the bus its self. I just recently  seen an EX FP unit which is #7256 on the B6 when I got off the (3) and the the back of the bus on the sides have the Piece broken off I'm like bruh FP never gave you bus in that condition  so why do you have to give them it back in that way. I Love Ulmer but they been slipping  on there maintenance  I cant be the only person that notice it and yes Ik people litter on the bus causing it to look trashed up but the rest of that is on there hands on how they handle  there buses. I do remember  when they were on top of there game with the buses looking shiny and good and then after that it's like they fallen apart so I cannot agree or say that when the XD60s come to them they will do better because if there have there X Equipment  looking beat down likes ENY then idk what makes a difference  on that . Some may not agree with me or not but I'm just going off on what I've seen and stuff just personally. I just need them too step there game up a bit that's all but other then that the rest of the XD60s are coming to Brooklyn  like I knew they would.

Trust me you're not the only one. I notice it too and daily riders notice it as well. Ulmer Park is turning into the Gun Hill of Brooklyn. Tbh, I think Ulmer Park might be the WORST depot in the system. Its so bad people cannot even come for The Bronx, Laguardia or Staten Island. People need to get with the times, and observe the buses on the routes. And most people on this site are always quick to defend the depot talking about "the buses are constantly out", "no return time", "has a bunch of high demand routes". Its time to cut the nonsense. It's sad they're running those Xcelsiors to the ground. Its crazy how they can get away with such bullshit everyday. 

41 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Trust me you're not the only one. I notice it too and daily riders notice it as well. Ulmer Park is turning into the Gun Hill of Brooklyn. Tbh, I think Ulmer Park might be the WORST depot in the system. Its so bad people cannot even come for The Bronx, Laguardia or Staten Island. People need to get with the times, and observe the buses on the routes. And most people on this site are always quick to defend the depot talking about "the buses are constantly out", "no return time", "has a bunch of high demand routes". Its time to cut the nonsense. It's sad they're running those Xcelsiors to the ground. Its crazy how they can get away with such bullshit everyday. 

Let’s not turn this into bashing of the depots. However, yes UP has been slipping a lot and I will leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Looks like I should re-do the Ulmer Park Depot review from September on YT😕. In fact, I already had the idea longer weeks ago before you posted this.

10 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They'll probably send them to Fresh Pond and ENY to retire more 6500s and 6600s.

1 hour ago, T J Trainman said:

let’s do the math 27 Xd60s would go to Ulmer? That makes about 54 xd40s pushed out. I could see the 4800s leaving Brooklyn all together. 

54????? That's way too high.....Stengel didn't even lose that many buses when they got the XD60s, same for Grand. Pretty sure that number will be much lower, and that UP will have to do some re-configuring around the depot to make space for the artics.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

54????? That's way too high.....Stengel didn't even lose that many buses when they got the XD60s, same for Grand. Pretty sure that number will be much lower, and that UP will have to do some re-configuring around the depot to make space for the artics.

Right. GA gave ENY 22 NG’s and I think the same with CS giving 22 NG’s to Queens Village.  (Correct me on this one). 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Right. GA gave ENY 22 NG’s and I think the same with CS giving 22 NG’s to Queens Village.  (Correct me on this one). 

Grand Avenue lost 40 NG’s as the New Flyer XD60’s arrived from the Bronx.

20 to East New York and the other half to Fresh Pond.

The other two units that went to East New York (3997 and 4430) had nothing to do with the XD60’s taking over the B38 route. Those units were transferred for East New York to test out the 2009 NG’s (I assume).

• 2 weeks later...