Blocked Bus Lanes and the MTA

Deucey

So as I sit at the Arby’s on 23rd St & Madison eating my Beef’n Cheddar and curly fries, I see M23 buses stuck in traffic.

I also noticed they’re in the regular traffic lane because BxM buses are parked in the bus lane.

0-CFE6398-3-BF8-44-B2-85-A3-016-F9450299

Of course this, along with the Placard Abuse account on Twitter, and all the chatter about Bus Lane tickets on the M15 and other bus routes has me wondering why doesn’t (MTA) “lead” by example and have these buses begin their runs at 26th St and layover on 25th St, or layover on the Madison Av side of Madison Square Park?

Or stagger terminal and origin stops?

(To be fair, there are several coaches that layover on Park Av, but there are many that take up bus lane space on 23rd St before Park and before Madison to “layover”.)

5 hours ago, Deucey said:

So as I sit at the Arby’s on 23rd St & Madison eating my Beef’n Cheddar and curly fries, I see M23 buses stuck in traffic.

I also noticed they’re in the regular traffic lane because BxM buses are parked in the bus lane.

0-CFE6398-3-BF8-44-B2-85-A3-016-F9450299

Of course this, along with the Placard Abuse account on Twitter, and all the chatter about Bus Lane tickets on the M15 and other bus routes has me wondering why doesn’t (MTA) “lead” by example and have these buses begin their runs at 26th St and layover on 25th St, or layover on the Madison Av side of Madison Square Park?

Or stagger terminal and origin stops?

(To be fair, there are several coaches that layover on Park Av, but there are many that take up bus lane space on 23rd St before Park and before Madison to “layover”.)

You should tweet that to https://twitter.com/NYCTBus , they love examples like that.