Sad News: Byford resigns for real: What does this mean for the Network redesigns?

BrooklynBus

this what i think is gonna happen next in addition to my previous post/thoughts. keep in mind this is solely my opinion- havent been here in quite a while. 

any potential improvements that byford could have made to already flawed redesigns (especially for Queens) is now disregarded at this point. when the bus networks for both the Bronx & queens get redesigned i really doubt that theres gonna be any individual at MTA that has the intellectual capabilities to prevent this amount of backlash from the general public & most importantly fixing the flaws of said redesigns. byford had a caring personality- some articles wrote he often asked passengers how their commute was on the train, and he really tried to push Fast Forward to add more capacity to the system & provide better rides/service to the public. and when the queens network redesign officially comes into play, he couldve fixed it, adjusted it, and tried to make it better for anyone affected by it. our corrupt officials in both the head of MTA and albany simply dont have a myriad personality comparable to byfords to satisfy the general public. his resignation has already caused inspiration among the other top-ranking MTA personnel to leave the agency just like he did as well, given the recent resignation of Tomlin. not to mention the fact that byford was willing to give the corrupt agency he tried to fix a second chance, by having enough resilience to even reconsider when he almost resigned the first time a few months back. this could have made both the officials upstate in albany plus the MTA as a whole, to reconsider their thoughts & aggressive actions towards byford, but just as the way we always expect them to behave, they didn't back down and thus we came to this. 

if the only thing cuomo wants is to control the MTA then he might as well do it at this point. he basically has unlimited votes/support and is let off the hook by other pressing issues he doesnt even take responsibility for. his power struggle was sadly an obvious indicator to everyone that we all knew he wasn't gonna be staying forever. the only thing we can hope for is that the MTA at the very least learns from his experience at transit, so that they can do all the improvements byford would have done had he not resigned. but for now at least, our leadership in MTA is very poor & unwilling to adjust towards improvements, and things have a high likelihood of going downhill after this point. 

thats basically the rest of what i have to say. feel free to provide me with more info in case i left or forgot something in the dustbin. 

23 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

this what i think is gonna happen next in addition to my previous post/thoughts. keep in mind this is solely my opinion- havent been here in quite a while. 

any potential improvements that byford could have made to already flawed redesigns (especially for Queens) is now disregarded at this point. when the bus networks for both the Bronx & queens get redesigned i really doubt that theres gonna be any individual at MTA that has the intellectual capabilities to prevent this amount of backlash from the general public & most importantly fixing the flaws of said redesigns. byford had a caring personality- some articles wrote he often asked passengers how their commute was on the train, and he really tried to push Fast Forward to add more capacity to the system & provide better rides/service to the public. and when the queens network redesign officially comes into play, he couldve fixed it, adjusted it, and tried to make it better for anyone affected by it. our corrupt officials in both the head of MTA and albany simply dont have a myriad personality comparable to byfords to satisfy the general public. his resignation has already caused inspiration among the other top-ranking MTA personnel to leave the agency just like he did as well, given the recent resignation of Tomlin. not to mention the fact that byford was willing to give the corrupt agency he tried to fix a second chance, by having enough resilience to even reconsider when he almost resigned the first time a few months back. this could have made both the officials upstate in albany plus the MTA as a whole, to reconsider their thoughts & aggressive actions towards byford, but just as the way we always expect them to behave, they didn't back down and thus we came to this. 

if the only thing cuomo wants is to control the MTA then he might as well do it at this point. he basically has unlimited votes/support and is let off the hook by other pressing issues he doesnt even take responsibility for. his power struggle was sadly an obvious indicator to everyone that we all knew he wasn't gonna be staying forever. the only thing we can hope for is that the MTA at the very least learns from his experience at transit, so that they can do all the improvements byford would have done had he not resigned. but for now at least, our leadership in MTA is very poor & unwilling to adjust towards improvements, and things have a high likelihood of going downhill after this point. 

thats basically the rest of what i have to say. feel free to provide me with more info in case i left or forgot something in the dustbin. 

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Just look at the difference between him and Cipriano. He told the press that the routes were designed from a blank slate to better serve the riders without cost being a concern. One reporter picked upon that and compared it to Byford’s comment to Assembly people in Albany that budget was a prime consideration, but he didn’t go as far as saying the plan had to be cost neutral. He said they had a certain leeway regarding the budget and could make exceptions so the final plan would be something everyone could live with. 

Byford was being honest and Cipriano was just telling the press what the people wanted to here. 

On another note, a friend of mine and myself both dropped notes to Byford regarding his departure. I bet he got hundreds or thousands of them. Yet he managed to answer both of us. Last week I sent an email to Mark Holmes and copied Byford. Byford replied but not Holmes. All this says a lot about how things are going to function without him.