Queens Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

There’s no way that the “QT43” isn’t re-extended to Green Acres in their final revisions. No one’s going to go for that.

I like the QT18, if it went to QCC that would’ve been a godsend for me. I used to walk 20-25 minutes to the Q84 (plus a long wait) and switch to the Q27 or I’d take the Q85 to the Q30 (both packed to the brim) and walk as the Q30 didn’t go to QCC until right after I stopped going (grr...). In either case a two-transfer MetroCard system would’ve helped immensely.

Edited by Infamous85

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jaf0519 said:

Interesting how the QT44 will only have 24 hour service on weekdays, with an 18 hour span on Saturdays and Sundays.

I can't help but wonder how that happened. Clearly, someone wasn't paying attention, but damn.

Edited by Lex

8 minutes ago, Infamous85 said:

There’s no way that the “QT43” isn’t re-extended to Green Acres in their final revisions. No one’s going to go for that.

I like the QT18, if it went to QCC that would’ve been a godsend for me, and it’s a super-express, omg. I used to walk 20-25 minutes to the Q84 (plus a long wait) and switch to the Q27 or I’d take the Q85 to the Q30 (both packed to the brim) and walk as the Q30 didn’t go to QCC until right after I stopped going (grr...).

QT43 is just Q5. Again, it's more obvious that Byford is writing the codes with Canadian Engineers and Brits. 

1 minute ago, NY1635 said:

QT43 is just Q5. Again, it's more obvious that Byford is writing the codes with Canadian Engineers and Brits. 

QT43 is the Q85.

One major thing that I do like about a lot of these revisions is the MTA attempting to speed up service in far flung areas without subway service, tbh one stop between Jamaica Center and Baisley Blvd is quite amazing.

I wasn’t on board at first, there’s a lot of wrinkles to be ironed out, but I‘m starting to like this shake up more than I dislike it.

3 minutes ago, Infamous85 said:

QT43 is the Q85.

One major thing that I do like about a lot of these revisions is the MTA attempting to speed up service in far flung areas without subway service, tbh one stop between Jamaica Center and Baisley Blvd is quite amazing.

I wasn’t on board at first, there’s a lot of wrinkles to be ironed out, but I‘m starting to like this shake up more than I dislike it.

That is true. 

To Be Honest, The non-stop portions kind of remind me of (MTA)'s proposed "Limited-Zone" Service from their Northeast Queens Bus Route Study.

Don't really feel like opining on every route right this second, so I'll just shoot the shit with you guys for now....

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

@QM1to6Ave Express bus service is being SLAUGHTERED. They are proposing to eliminate just about all off-peak service in Queens.  Start from page 304:

https://new.mta.info/document/12706

After what happened with the Bronx, I pretty much saw this coming.... They're on a warpath with Express bus service in this city & all this dam bus stop eliminating on top of it is the icing on the cake.....

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The Q44 now runs between Fordham & Jamiaca (with service to Bronx Park eliminated.) The Q50 is now an SBS route between Pelham Bay & LGA Airport.

At least they kept it in Jamaica, but the only real problem routing-wise I have with the 44 is running it to Fordham... The Parsons folks won't be happy, but with having a route running from Jamaica to the middle of the Bronx, something had to give - running it along the Whitestone service rd. was it....

Running the Q50 over the Q48 & nerfing it at PBP is clearly a cost cutting measure... At least it gives Bronxites that 1-seat ride to LGA... *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

What are they doing with the Q11 and Q21? They've basically combined the Ozone Park portion into one route.

I can understand what they're doing with the QT83 (Woodhaven local), but stopping it dead along Cross Bay/157th like that is a stub... That route should be running into Lindenwood due west.... That QT88 route is going to be an afterthought IMO (especially south of Lindenwod) - All that's going to accomplish is people being dropped off (by car), or enduring some inconvenient walk somewhere along Cross Bay to catch the QT-52.....

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Q24 overnight service will apparently be eliminated. The route would no longer operate 24 hours according to the report.

I know a couple of people personally that take those overnight B12's to those overnight B24's... Looks like they'll be walking from the (J) if this remains for the final plan....

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Hey @B35 via Church didn’t you predict at one point that the (MTA) was going to create a bunch of super routes for the Queens bus redesign. So far that’s what I see and I don’t understand how these planners thought these routes were logical in the first place. All I really see is a bunch of routes taken apart and combined with one another and turned into Limiteds. And of course they are getting rid of a ton of stops to make these routes not look as bad as they really are.

Like come on how are they going to take a route like the Q64 which is good the way it is, and combine it with the Q10 to JFK? Keep the Q64 and Q10 the way that they are. There is nothing really wrong with them. If they were to cut the 130th Ave branch and replace it with the Q37 for example I could understand that more. 

Then that route that runs from 188th and 64th Ave to Ditmars Blvd where the current Q23 stops at. Like who tf thought that was a good route knowing how the current Q23 gets plagued with traffic along 108th street and in Corona. 

There are some like the QT12 that I like because I feel like it would be more useful to residents along Horace Harding than the current Q30 and Q88 are. I also don’t have too much to complain about with the QT17, I just wonder what is going to run to the city line. I haven’t finished reading everything yet, but some of these proposal really have me cringing.

I don’t know what to think about a route like the QT15 that takes on the Q65 from 110th street in College Point to Main Street and then the Q26/Q27 all the way to Oakland Gardens by QCC. I think a route from QCC should even go to College Point. They should just stay separated.

Overall from what I’ve read so far most of these proposals are trash. Then the removal of stops such as on my home route the Q25 or the proposed QT16 makes me mad because some of these are stops that are removing are well used. This is pitiful smh. 

Yeah, a bunch of super routes & dinky shuttles, city-wide; mere cost-cutting measures....  Wish I was wrong with that prediction though.

You put that first paragraph better than I could.... I mean, I get that this is a draft plan, but it does appear with some of these proposals as if part of the experiment is to mix & match riderbases.... I happen to agree with you; there is zero reason to have Q10's run over the Q64, even if they are cutting to back to Lefferts AIRTrain... Q10 crawls enough as it is along Lefferts (blvd)....

That QT11 is unnecessarily circuitous... I can understand supplementing the Q46 from 188th to QB - however, I don't understand the rationale for combining that concept with a 108th st route (which should be a standalone route, either stopping dead at QB).... I would take the eastern half of this QT11 & run it over the Q23 portion south of QB, before considering running something like that up 108th.....

The QT12 I don't have a problem with... Never really cared for the Q88 running all the way to LIRR QV; too redundant.... It makes sense to run it to QCC, being that they're proposing a 73rd av route.... The 73rd portion was the only reason I suggested even having Q88's cut back to Union Tpke/Springfield.... IDK what to think about the whole Sanford/Northern swap with the QT17, but having Q12's run to LNP/HHE has been suggested by a couple of us on here (albeit via LNP).... Marathon is more centrally located though, so I suppose there's a chance to attract more potential riders, over simply continuing the Q12 down LNP.....

Although IDC for the QT65 north of Northern Blvd, I don't have a problem with the QT15 - but peak headways are going to have be on the more "better" side of "8 minutes or better... Just consider how heavily used the Q27 is b/w QCC & Flushing & how heavily used the Q65 is b/w Flushing & College Point.... One thing I'll say though is that, instead of having every QT15 end at Poppenhusen, every other (or every third) QT15 should run over to the Business park (current Q65 terminal).....

Overall, the part I hate the most about the redesign, are all the stop eliminations... May not be a fair comparison, but there's clearly a higher percentage of stops suggesting be removed in Queens, compared to the Bronx.... And as @R32 3838 said, there are simply way too many people in Queens relying on bus service....

Edited by B35 via Church

LMFAO at the Downtown express bus routings... Why on earth would you run express buses on Bowery?

And combining the Q10 and Q64? LMAO

(I'm not even going to get into the 50% cut in peak service on Jewel Avenue. What a dumpster fire)

Edited by Around the Horn

Mitchell-Linden folks won't be very happy.  The Q34 is gone and the replacement QT48 doesn't even stop anywhere along it's new Union alignment.  Only the QT16 and that's it.  They even got rid of the heavily used Union/26 Ave bus stop.  Someone really wasn't paying attention to bus stop utilization.

Page 67 and onwards are descriptions of the new routes.

Page 24 says that the QT designation is just for planning purposes: "When we release the proposed Final Plan, we will replace thetemporary “QT” route designation system with the simplified “Q” system in use today."

ROUTE SUMMARIES OF LOCAL ROUTES

QT1 - Astoria to Downtown Brooklyn - 27 Ave/2 St to Tillary Street/Cadman Plaza via 21 (former Q100 and B62)

QT2 - Steinway to Williamsburg - Steinway St/20 Ave to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via Steinway (former Q101 and B24)

QT3 - Jamaica to Williamsburg - Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via Metropolitan (former Q54)

QT4 - Jackson Heights to Downtown Brooklyn - Broadway/Roosevelt Ave to Tillary St/Cadman Plaza via Flushing (former B57, Q18 and Q47)

QT5 - Jamaica to Brownsville - Sutphin Blvd/Hillside Ave to Hegeman St/East 98 St via 101 (former Q8 and B15)

QT6 - Flushing to Ridgewood - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Myrtle/Wyckoff Aves via HHE, Grand, and Fresh Pond (former Q58)

QT7 - Spring Creek to Cambria Heights - Gateway Dr/Schroeder Ave to Linden Blvd/Springfield Blvd via Linden (former Q4 and Q89)

QT10 - Jackson Heights to Elmhurst - Queens Blvd/62 Ave to LGA Terminal A only via 92, Hampton, and 82  (former Q29 and Q33)

QT11 - East Elmhurst to Kew Gardens and Fresh Meadows - Ditmars Blvd/102 St to 188 St/64 Ave via 108 and Union (former Q23 and Q46)

QT12 - Bayside to Corona - QCC/56 Ave to Queens Blvd/Woodhaven Blvd via HHE (former Q30 and Q88)

QT13 - Jamaica to Far Rockaway - Parsons Blvd/Hillside Ave to Seagirt Blvd/Crest Road via Guy R. Brewer and Rockaway (former Q113)

QT14 - Electchester to JFK Airport - 164 St/Jewel Ave to Lefferts Blvd/Pan Am Rd via Jewel, Queens, and Lefferts (former Q10 and Q64)

QT15 - College Point to Flushing and QCC - Poppenhusen Ave/119 St Horace to Harding Expy/Springfield Blvd via CP and Parsons, 46 and 47  (former Q25 and Q65)

QT16 - Jamaica to Beechhurst - Cross Island Pkwy/Clintonville St to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave via Kissena and Parsons (former Q20, Q25 and Q34)

QT17 - Flushing to Little Neck - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Horace Harding Expwy/Little Neck Pkwy via Northern former Q12 and Q13)

QT18 - Springfield Gardens to Jamaica and Oakland Gardens - Union Tpke/Springfield Blvd to Merrick Blvd/Springfield Blvd via Hillside and Merrick (former Q5 and Q43)

QT19 - Jamaica to Sprinfield Gardens - Hillside Ave/Parsons Blvd to Guy R. Brewer Blvd/Farmers Blvd via Guy R. Brewer (former Q111)

QT20 - Jamaica to JFK Airport - Hillside Ave/Parsons Blvd to Lefferts Blvd/Pan Am Rd via Sutphin and 150 (former Q6)

QT22 - Far Rockaway to Rockaway Park - Beach Channel Dr/Beach 67 St to Rockaway Tpke/Burnside Ave via Rockaway, Beach Channel, Sheridan, Bayview (former Q22 and Q114)

QT24 - Jamaica to Richmond Hill - Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave to Broadway/Kossuth Pl via Atlantic (former Q24)

QT30 - Flushing to Fresh Meadows - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to 73 Ave/188 St via Parsons, 46, Utopia and 188 (former Q17, Q26 and Q31)

QT31 - Flushing to Queens Village - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Springfield Blvd/Jamaica Ave via Parsons, 46, HHE, and Springfield(former Q26 and Q27)

QT32 - Kew Gardens to Glen Oaks - Queens Blvd/Union Tpke to 271 St/Main Hospital Entrance via Union Tpke (former Q46)

QT33 - Jamaica to QCC - Jamaica Ave/Merrick Blvd to 56th Ave/QCC via Hillside, 188, 73, and Springfield (former Q17, Q75 and Q85)

QT34 - Jamaica to Lake Success - Jamaica Ave/Merrick Blvd to Community Dr/North Shore Hospital via Hilliside, Winchester and HHE (former Q30 and Q43)

QT35 - Flatbush to Rockaway Park - Flatbush Ave/Avenue H to Beach Channel Dr/Beach 108 St via Flatbush and Rockaway Beach (former Q35)

QT36 - Jamaica to Glen Oaks - Jamaica Ave/Merrick Blvd to 271 St/Main Hospital Entrance via Hillside and Lakeville (former Q43)

QT37 - Kew Gardens to Ozone Park - Queens Blvd/Union Tpke to 135 Rd/130th Pl via 111 (former Q37)

QT38 - Jamaica to Belmont Park - Jamaica Ave/Merrick Blvd to Hempstead Ave/223 St via Hillside and Hollis (former Q2)

QT39 - Jamaica to Cambria Heights - Merrick Blvd/Jamaica Ave to 113 Dr/227 St via Hillside, Farmers, and Murdock (former Q3 and Q83)

QT40 - Jamaica to Cambria Heights - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Linden Blvd/Elmont Rd via Merrick and Linden (former Q4)

QT41 - Jamaica to Cambria Heights - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Springfield Blvd/120 Ave via Merrick and 120 (former Q84)

QT42 - Jamaica to Rosedale - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Green Acres Mall via Merrick (former Q5)

QT43 - Jamaica to Laurelton - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Francis Lewis Blvd/Conduit Ave via Guy R. Brewer, Bedell and Conduit (former Q85)

QT44SBS - Jamaica to Fordham - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Fordham Rd/Webster Ave via Main, Whitestone and 177 (Former Q44 SBS)

QT45 - Jamaica to Rosedale - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Hook Creek Blvd/149 Rd via Guy R. Brewer and 147 (former Q111 and Q114)

QT46 - Jamaica to South Jamaica - Hillside Ave/164 St to 143 St/135 Ave via Sutphin, Linden and 143 (former Q40)

QT47 - Jamaica to South Ozone Park - Hillside Ave/164 St to 150 Ave/149 Ave via Sutphin, Lakewood, 109 and 130 (former Q9)

QT48 - Flushing to Fort Totten - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Willets Point Blvd/ Totten Ave via Willets Point and Union (former Q16 and Q34)

QT49 - Flushing to Beechhurst - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to 9 Ave/166 St via Utopia and Northern (former Q16 and Q28)

QT50 - Pelham to Flushing to LGA Airport - Westchester Ave/Bruckner Blvd to LGA Terminal A via Hutchinson, Whitestone, Roosevelt and 108 (former Q48 and Q50)

QT51 - Flushing to Bayside - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Bell Blvd/23 Ave via Bell, 35, Crocheron and Northern (former Q13)

QT52SBS - Elmhurst to Far Rockaway - Queens Blvd/Woodhaven Blvd to Beach Channel Dr/Beach 54th St via Woodhaven and Cross Island (former Q52 and Q53 SBS)

QT54 - Jamaica to Williamsburg - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via Metropolitan Ave (former Q54)

QT55 - Jamaica to Ridgewood - Jamaica Ave/170 St to Myrtle Ave/Wyckoff Ave via Myrtle Ave (former Q55)

QT56 - Jamaica to Richmond Hill - Jamaica Ave/170 St to Broadway/Truxton St via Jamaica (former Q56)

QT58 - Flushing to Ridgewood - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Myrtle Ave/Wyckoff Ave via Roosevelt, Corona, Grand, and Fresh Pond (former Q58)

QT59 - Rego Park to Williamsburg - Queens Blvd/62 Ave to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via Grand (former Q59)

QT60 - Jamaica to Hunters Point - Parsons Blvd/Archer Ave to Center Blvd/54 Ave via Queens and Skillman (former Q60)

QT61 - Elmhurst to Columbus Circle - Ditmars Blvd/102 St to 59 St/8 Ave via 23, 75, Roosevelt, Queens, and 59 (former Q47 and Q60)

QT62 - East New York to Cedarhurst - Atlantic Ave/Crescent St to Rockaway Tpke/Burnside Ave via Liberty and Rockaway (former Q6, Q7 and Q114)

QT63 - Long Island City to Rego Park - 11 St/34 Ave to Queens Blvd/62 Ave via Broadway (former Q53 and Q104)

QT64 - Jamaica to College Point - Hillside Ave/164 St to 110 St/14 Ave via Utopia, 14 and 15 (former Q20, Q65 and Q76)

QT65 - St. Albans to Whitestone - Merrick Blvd/Linden Blvd to 9 Ave/166 St via 160, 162, 164 and Merrick (former Q65)

QT66 - Flushing to Woodside - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Broadway/Northern Blvd via Northern (former Q66)

QT67 - Ozone Park to Floral Park - Woodhaven Blvd/Rockaway Blvd to Jamaica Ave/Little Neck Pkwy via Liberty and Jamaica (former Q36, Q110 and Q112)

QT68 - Jamaica to JFK Airport - Van Wyck Expy Service Rd/Jamaica Hospital to Federal Circle Station via Liberty and Farmers (former Q3)

QT69 - Jackson Heights to Hunters Point - Astoria Blvd/82 St to Center Blvd/54 Ave via Ditmars and 21 (former Q69)

QT70SBS - Woodside to LGA Airport - Roosevelt Ave/61 St to LGA Terminal B via Roosevelt, BQE and GCE (former Q70)

QT71 - Bayside to Rosedale - Bell Blvd/23 Ave to Rockaway Blvd/Farmers Blvd via Bell and Springfield (former Q13, Q27 and Q77)

QT72 - Jackson Heights to Elmhurst - Ditmars Blvd/94 St to Queens Blvd/63 Dr via Junction (former Q72)

QT73 - Flushing to Cambria Heights - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to 129 Ave/Laurelton Pkwy via Francis Lewis and 120 (former Q76, Q77 and Q84)

QT74 - Jackson Heights - Ditmars Blvd/Grand Central Pkwy to Broadway/Baxter Ave via 91 (former Q49)

QT75 - Woodside to Midtown Manhattan - Broadway/Northern Blvd to 42 St/6 Ave via 48, Roosevelt, 48, Thomson, Jackson and 5 Ave  (former Q32, Q39 and Q104)

QT76 - Astoria to Williamsburg - 21 St/Ditmars Blvd to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via 21, 20 and  Steinway (Former Q101 and B62)

QT77 - Long Island City to Elmhurst - 21 St-41 Ave to Woodhaven Blvd/Queens Blvd via 21, Borden, 48, Rust, FP and Elliot (former Q38, Q39 and Q67)

QT78 - Roosevelt Island to Middle Village - Main Street RI to Metropolitan Ave/Middle Village via 36, Northern, 69 and Metropolitan (former Q18 and Q66)

QT79 - Rikers Island to Hunters Point - Rikers Island Visitors Center to Center Blvd/54 Ave via 20, 31 and Jackson (former Q100 and Q102)

QT80 - Astoria to Ridgewood - 27 Ave/2 St to Myrtle Ave/Wyckoff Ave via 30, 58, Rust and Forest (former Q18 and Q39)

QT81 - Astoria to Whitestone - 27 Ave/2 St to Clintonville St/6 Ave via Astoria, Roosevelt, and 150 (former Q15 and Q19)

QT82 - East Elmhurst to Glendale - Ditmars Blvd/102 St to 81 St/Myrtle Ave via 103, 99, Junction, 63, Penelope and 80 (former Q23 and Q29)

QT83 - Elmhurst to Howard Beach - Queens Blvd/Woodhaven Blvd to Cross Bay Blvd/157 Ave via Woodhaven and Cross Bay (former Q11, Q21 and Q49?(remnant of older plan?))

QT84 - Flushing to Bayside - Main St/Roosevelt Ave to Northern Blvd/Bell Blvd via Linden, 20, Francis Lewis and Northern (former Q20, Q25 and Q76)

QT85 - Flushing to Fort Totten - College Point Blvd/Avery Ave to Willets Point Blvd/Totten Ave via Maple, Main, 32, Corporal Kennedy and Bell (former Q16 and Q28)

QT86 - College Point to Glendale - Linden Pl/28 Ave to 81 St/Cooper Ave Atlas Mall via Main, Union Tpk, Queens, and Yellowstown (former Q20 and Q74)

QT87 - Forest Hills to Little Neck - Union Tpke/Crescent Apartments to Little Neck Pkwy/40 Ave via Jewel, 73, LIE, and Little Neck (former Q30, Q64 and Q88)

QT88A - Howard Beach to Ozone Park to Hamilton Beach - Cross Bay Blvd/163 Ave to 165 Ave/96 St via 84, Cross Bay, Rockaway and 101 (former Q11 and Q21)

QT88B - Howard Beach to Ozone Park to Hamilton Beach - Cross Bay Blvd/163 Ave to 104 St/165 Ave via 84, Cross Bay, Rockaway and 104 (former Q11 and Q21)

ROUTE SUMMARIES OF EXPRESS ROUTES

QMT100 - Middle Village to Downtown Manhattan - Eliot Ave/83 Pl to Water St/Broad St via Eliot, Metropolitan and Water (former QM25)

QMT101 - Glendale to Downtown Manhattan - Myrtle Ave/72 St to Water St/Broad St via Eliot and Metropolitan and Water (former QM25)

QMT102 - Briarwood to Downtown Manhattan - Queens Blvd/Main St to Water St/Broad St via Queens Blvd, LIE and Water (former QM11)

QMT103 - Bay Terrace to Downtown Manhattan - Corporal Kennedy St/23 Ave to Water St/Broad St via 26, Utopia, CI, Whitestone and Water (former QM2, QM20 and QM32)

QMT104 - Glen Oaks to Downtown Manhattan - 260 St/74 Ave to Water St/Broad St via Little Neck, HHE, 73, 188 and Water (former QM8)

QMT105 - Fresh Meadows to Downtown Manhattan - 188 St/64 Ave to Water St/Broad St via 188, Union Tpke and Water (former QM7 and QM8)

QMT106 - Belmont to Downtown Manhattan - Hempstead Tpke/Belmont Park to Water St/Broad St via Hempstead, Springfield, Hillside and Water (NEW)

QMT107 - Rochdale to Downtown Manhattan - 188 St/64 Ave to Water St/Broad St via Bedell, Merrick, Linden and Water (former QM21)

QMT112 - Forest Hills to Hudson Yards - Yellowstone Blvd/Clyde St to 10 Ave/34 St via Yellowstone, HHE and 34 (former QM10 and QM12)

QMT115 - Fresh Meadows to Hudson Yards - 188 St/64 Ave to 10 Ave/34 St via 188, Union Tpke and 34 (former QM1)

QMT116 - Elmont to Hudson Yards - Elmont Rd/Dutch Broadway to 10 Ave/34 St via Elmon, Linden and 34 (former X64)

QMT117 - Hillside to Hudson Yards - Hillside Ave/268 St to 10 Ave/34 St via Hillside and 34 (former X68)

QMT130 - Middle Village to Midtown 3 Ave - Eliot Ave/69 St to 3 Ave/55 St via Elliot and 3 (former QM34)

QMT131 - Glendale to Midtown 3 Ave - Myrtle Ave/72 St to 3 Ave/55 St via Myrtle, Fresh Pond, Elliot and 3 (former QM34)

QMT132 - Forest Hills to Midtown 3 Ave - Yellowstone Blvd/Clyde St to 3 Ave/55 St via Yellowstone, HHE and 3 (former QM40 and QM42)

QMT133 - Bay Terrace to Midtown 3 Ave - Corporal Kennedy St/23 Ave to 3 Ave/55 St via 26, Utopia, Cross Island, Whitestone and 3 (former QM32)

QMT134 - Glen Oaks to Midtown 3 Ave - 260 St/74 Ave to 3 Ave/55 St via Little Neck, HHE, 73, 188 and 3 (former QM35)

QMT135 - Fresh Meadows to Midtown 3 Ave - 188 St/64 Ave to 3 Ave/55 St via 188, Union Tpke and 3(former QM31)

QMT155 - Spring Creek to Midtown 3 Ave - Seaview Ave/Pennsylvania Ave to 3 Ave/55 St via Pennsylvania, Van Siclen, Ashford and Linden (former BM5)

QMT156 - Rosedale to Midtown Madison Ave - 149 Ave/257 St to 57 St/3 Ave via Francis Lewis, Merrick, 137, Guy R. Brewer, Linden and Madison (former QM21 and X63)

QMT157 - Hillside to Midtown Madison Ave - Hillside Ave/268 St to 57 St/3 Ave via Hillside and Madison (former X68)

QMT160 - Middle Village to Midtown 6 Ave - Eliot Ave/69 St to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Elliot and 6 (former QM24)

QMT161 - Glendale to Midtown 6 Ave - Myrtle Ave/72 St to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Myrtle, Fresh Pond, Elliot and 6 (former QM24)

QMT162 - Electchester to Midtown 6 Ave - 164 St/HHE to 57 St/Lexington Ave via 164 and Jewel (former QM4)

QMT163 - Beechhurst to Midtown 6 Ave - Powells Cove Blvd/162 St to 57 St/Lexington Ave via 166 and Willets Point (former QM2, QM20 and QM32)

QMT164 - Bay Terrace to Midtown 6 Ave - Corporal Kennedy St/23 Ave to 57 St/Lexington Ave via 26, Utopia, Cross Island, Whitestone and 6 (former QM2)

QMT165 - Glen Oaks to Midtown 6 Ave - 260 St/74 Ave to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Little Neck, HHE, 73, 188 and 6 (former QM1)

QMT166 - Fresh Meadows to Midtown 6 Ave - 188 St/64 Ave to 3 Ave/55 St via 188, Union Tpke and 6 (former QM12)

QMT167 - New Hyde Park to Midtown 6 Ave - North Shore Towers to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Union Tpke and 6 (former QM6)

QMT168 - Howard Beach to Midtown 6 Ave - Cross Bay Blvd/163 Ave to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Woodhaven and 6 (former QM15)

QMT169 - Jacob Riis to Midtown 6 Ave - Jacob Riis Pk Rd/Bath House to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Woodhaven and 6 (former QM16)

QMT170 - Far Rockaway to Midtown 6 Ave -Beach 9 St/Seagirt Blvd to 57 St/Lexington Ave via Woodhaven and 6 (former QM17)

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

@QM1to6Ave Express bus service is being SLAUGHTERED. They are proposing to eliminate just about all off-peak service in Queens.  Start from page 304:

https://new.mta.info/document/12706

I am LIVID about these proposals, but not at all surprised. It looks like Sunday service will be cut out entirely, and barely any Saturday service.  

First of all, from reading through this giant mess as best I could, I didn't see anything replacing the Glen Oaks portion of the QM5? Did I miss something? Closest thing I see is the QMT166, which I am assuming is incorrectly labeled as "previously the QM12", which runs from 188th Street to Midtown, and the QMT167 which is the QM6 up until 188th Street, then closed door to Manhattan. So they are trying to split service at the 188th street line, and get everyone from the QM5 onto the QM6 instead? 

And in terms of the locals, the Q46 is being split into one route that goes all the way into Forest Hills, and another that is basically the current Q46 with fewer stops west of 188th street?

I really don't understand the logic here. If they are assuming the same, or more, riders will be taking these buses, even with these stops cut out, everyone will just need to pile onto the remaining stops, which will have enormous lines. I can just picture the lines on Union and Parsons! Insanity! At least with more stops, buses can do some leap-frogging to even out loads. 

Ironically, these changes makes me want to but a car again! 

15 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I am LIVID about these proposals, but not at all surprised. It looks like Sunday service will be cut out entirely, and barely any Saturday service.  

First of all, from reading through this giant mess as best I could, I didn't see anything replacing the Glen Oaks portion of the QM5? Did I miss something? Closest thing I see is the QMT166, which I am assuming is incorrectly labeled as "previously the QM12", which runs from 188th Street to Midtown, and the QMT167 which is the QM6 up until 188th Street, then closed door to Manhattan. So they are trying to split service at the 188th street line, and get everyone from the QM5 onto the QM6 instead? 

And in terms of the locals, the Q46 is being split into one route that goes all the way into Forest Hills, and another that is basically the current Q46 with fewer stops west of 188th street?

I really don't understand the logic here. If they are assuming the same, or more, riders will be taking these buses, even with these stops cut out, everyone will just need to pile onto the remaining stops, which will have enormous lines. I can just picture the lines on Union and Parsons! Insanity! At least with more stops, buses can do some leap-frogging to even out loads. 

An absolute disaster. And you know the North Shore Towers are going to be PISSED. I’m going to contact them about this.

14 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

First of all, from reading through this giant mess as best I could, I didn't see anything replacing the Glen Oaks portion of the QM5? Did I miss something?

They're there. They're simply easy to miss, as they're in a sea of similar-looking routes, and they don't appear alongside the locals on any map.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

LMFAO at the Downtown express bus routings... Why on earth would you run express buses on Bowery?

I don't agree with it, but it's to cut down on mileage.... Williamsburg Bridge - Bowery - Downtown Manhattan is as bad as you can get, coming from Brooklyn.... The longer you're on Delancey, the worse off you are...

1 hour ago, RailRunRob said:

QT1-QT7 certainly have SBS characteristics. Are these routes going to be branded SBS or with all door boarding on the horizon does it even matter?

Keep scrolling... It's more than just those routes with ridiculous gaps between stops....

51 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Gotta love the new QT71! Bay Terrace to Green Acres, no subway stations served!

SMFH... Good catch.

It says in the route summary section that it's running to Green Acres, but in the bus stops list and on the strip map (in the PDF), it has it going no further than Rockaway/Farmers....

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Good point... Assuming no ridership losses, dwell times will only increase with increased stop distancing.... One thing I don't miss about taking the BM's from Manhattan (with any regularity) are waiting on lines 30+ people deep with people not waiting for the same buses (bad enough you have all these window shoppers & whoever else taking pictures of god knows what, from anywhere on the sidewalk)..... Hated it when my bus arrived, the person in front of me didn't need that bus, but would still feel some type of way when I'd walk around him/her in order to board the bus..... But to have to deal with that many people (or more) boarding an inbound bus in the morning as well? I could only imagine.....

Edited by B35 via Church