Who's gonna win 2020 presidential election?

SubwayFan3000

1 hour ago, SubwayFan3000 said:

Hello Everyone, Who is gonna win 2020 presidential election?

to me, i do not want that Orange Face MF Donald Trump to win Re-Election, I Want him to lose.

I hope that a Democrat that can fight Trump wins the nomination. Let’s be honest, unless the Democrats get 30 seats back in Congress, then Trump will win the electoral college, sadly. I also hope that Trump LOSES. He is such a bad president.

Unless the Democrats learn from their 2016 mistake, they will lose again. The racism against Andrew Yang by the media was pretty blatant despite his great performance in interviews and debates. His policies earned a diverse following—interestingly, from right-wingers as well. If the Democrats want to redeem themselves, they’ll put up a candidate who can cater to as many groups as possible. That means abandoning the fringes of the left:

• abortion
  • homosexual rights
  • transgender/genderfluidity “normalization”
  • relaxing borders to immigration

Because those issues are minor distractions in the face of issues that most Americans are really facing:

• wealth gap
  • poor quality of K–12 education
  • high cost of college education
  • anxiety about jobs—especially with automation of jobs looming in the near future
  • anxiety about medical costs
  • climate change—because it pwns everyone whether you believe in it or not
  • national spending and debt

Congress has—unfortunately—become really good at ignoring the pressing issues and running a circus with abortion, #LGBTQXVKAMNRSE$_+ rights (e.g.: any number of state-level bills for and against all-gender bathrooms), and immigration (e.g.: building the wall). Solve the real problems. Save the social gadflies for later.

23 hours ago, CenSin said:

Unless the Democrats learn from their 2016 mistake, they will lose again. The racism against Andrew Yang by the media was pretty blatant despite his great performance in interviews and debates. His policies earned a diverse following—interestingly, from right-wingers as well. If the Democrats want to redeem themselves, they’ll put up a candidate who can cater to as many groups as possible. That means abandoning the fringes of the left:

• abortion
  • homosexual rights
  • transgender/genderfluidity “normalization”
  • relaxing borders to immigration

Because those issues are minor distractions in the face of issues that most Americans are really facing:

• wealth gap
  • poor quality of K–12 education
  • high cost of college education
  • anxiety about jobs—especially with automation of jobs looming in the near future
  • anxiety about medical costs
  • climate change—because it pwns everyone whether you believe in it or not
  • national spending and debt

Congress has—unfortunately—become really good at ignoring the pressing issues and running a circus with abortion, #LGBTQXVKAMNRSE$_+ rights (e.g.: any number of state-level bills for and against all-gender bathrooms), and immigration (e.g.: building the wall). Solve the real problems. Save the social gadflies for later.

Actually Congress Passed More than 400 Bills about Voting Rights, Election Security, Universal Healthcare, Progressive Tax, Increase Corporate Tax, Free Education, Green New Deal, Eliminating National Debt and etc but the Senate under Mitch McConnell had blocked all of it, Also Candidates like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are the ones who are more addressing issues like you said wealth gap, poor quality of K–12 education, crumbling infrastructure, high cost of college education, anxiety about jobs like upcoming automation, Amazon and other e-commerce, anxiety about medical costs, climate change and national spending and debt, They both Promised/Vowed to Cancel Student Debts, Free Education, Universal Healthcare, Universal Childcare, Progressive Tax, Increase Corporate Tax, Job Guarantee, Breaking up Big Tech Corporations like Amazon, Facebook and Walmart, Modernizing US Infrastructure, Combating Climate Change and etc.

Also Keep in Mind that 20% of Bernie Supporters had voted for Trump in 2016 because Hillary was a Terrible Candidate.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Turns out...

>People hated Trump so much that the GOP lost the House, Senate, and WH

>Yang is now running for NYC mayor and has a big chance at winning

Don't get too ahead of yourself. 70+ million people still voted for Trump. The Democrats BARELY have control of the House and Senate.They certainly don't have a mandate, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Don't get too ahead of yourself. 70+ million people still voted for Trump. The Democrats BARELY have control of the House and Senate.They certainly don't have a mandate, that's for sure.

I don't know what exactly you're banking on, but of course things like voter suppression, gerrymandering, propaganda, the size of states relative to their population, and the electoral college are designed to give Democrats unfavorableness in Congress, whether you agree with them or not.

40 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

I don't know what exactly you're banking on, but of course things like voter suppression, gerrymandering, propaganda, the size of states relative to their population, and the electoral college are designed to give Democrats unfavorableness in Congress, whether you agree with them or not.

My point stands. The Democrats NARROWLY control the Senate and House. That is a fact. You posted as if the Democrats have a mandate to carry out their agenda. They don't.  If they don't have any Republican support to pass certain things, they'll need to have just about all Democrats on board, which is not a given.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:37 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

My point stands. The Democrats NARROWLY control the Senate and House. That is a fact. You posted as if the Democrats have a mandate to carry out their agenda. They don't.  If they don't have any Republican support to pass certain things, they'll need to have just about all Democrats on board, which is not a given.

“Mandates” don’t matter. Winning does.

https://youtu.be/cGZa-yf8vMU