Which Bus Routes should we eliminate?

danig1220

Commuters of the five boroughs, Westchester and Nassau Counties.

Some bus routes are necessary, others are despised, some not necessary.

Give me the bus route you want to eliminate and why?

My bus route is the Bx18 for shortness. Extend it or merge it.

Edited by danig1220

8 minutes ago, danig1220 said:

If simply not being long enough (or a route you despise for X reason) is your metric for eliminating bus routes, then it's a good thing you are not a route planner. Completely out of touch with not only ridership patterns, demographics, and geography. 

8 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If simply not being long enough (or a route you despise for X reason) is your metric for eliminating bus routes, then it's a good thing you are not a route planner. Completely out of touch with not only ridership patterns, demographics, and geography. 

I apologize for my ignorance. Allow ridership patterns, demographics, and geography be part of it too.

The B84 and M12 come to mind as routes that should probably be axed. From what I seen, most of the M12 ridership is along 57 street for when the M31 or M57 dont show up in a certain time (606 w57 residents and the like in that pocket of manhattan coming from/going to columbus circle). The B84 is basically an express B83 to New Lots from/to Gateway center. 

45 minutes ago, danig1220 said:

The :bus_bullet_bxm1:'s Inwood section should be merged with the M98, IMO

I don't think farebox can't switch from express bus to local fare.

M10/M20: Combine to M20, operates between Frederick Douglass Blvd/158th St and South Ferry.

M35/M100: Comebine to M100.

Via 125th St, turn right at Lex Av, turn left at 124th St, follows M35 loop back to Triboro, exit onto 125th St, regular route.

Q50/Q48: Via 39th Av, turn left at Prince St, turn right at Roosevelt Av, follow Q48 routing via LGA back to Roosevelt Av, turn left at Main St, regular route.

B32/Q100: Combine as Q100.

18 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

I don't think farebox can't switch from express bus to local fare.

M10/M20: Combine to M20, operates between Frederick Douglass Blvd/158th St and South Ferry. Already done as M10 and split long ago

M35/M100: Comebine to M100.

Via 125th St, turn right at Lex Av, turn left at 124th St, follows M35 loop back to Triboro, exit onto 125th St, regular route. No I don't want a route between Randall's island and Inwood

Q50/Q48: Via 39th Av, turn left at Prince St, turn right at Roosevelt Av, follow Q48 routing via LGA back to Roosevelt Av, turn left at Main St, regular route.

B32/Q100: Combine as Q100.

Not really gonna reply to the last two as the MTA trying to make/be similar to those two routes as the QT50 and QT1 respectively.

4 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Bx46... 

No one uses this route. The area that this route serves minus the pool is also not conductive to any potential ridership growth

I've seen 25-30 people get off at Longwood Avenue on the 6..from Hunts Point. Yeah the route carries air but, I don't think it should be cut entirely.

7 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Bx46... 

No one uses this route. The area that this route serves minus the pool is also not conductive to any potential ridership growth

I would have incorporated it into a split of the Bx19...

(1) North part (stays Bx19): from Botanic Garden via Southern Blvd, Longwood, into Hunts Point.

(2) South part (new Bx49):  149th Street Crosstown between Riverbank Park and Southern/Westchester.

:bus_bullet_bxm18: should be cut, and the :bus_bullet_bxm2: should run via the H Hudson Pky to Downtown.

:bus_bullet_b39: should be merged with the B32/Q100 (QT1) route, having a Rikers Island to LES route, dubbed the BQT30.

Some rush hour :bus_bullet_bx7: trips should operate express north of 181, dubbed the Bx7X.

SB Bx7X: via Riverdale Av, right on 235 St, left on Netherland, right on 232, left on HHP service Rd, enter HHP, exit 14, left on Riverside, right on 181, right on Broadway, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route

NB Bx7X: via Broadway, left on 181, right on H Hudson Pkwy, exit 18, via Irwin Av, straight to Riverdale Av, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Jova42R said:

:bus_bullet_bxm18: should be cut, and the :bus_bullet_bxm2: should run via the H Hudson Pky to Downtown.

:bus_bullet_b39: should be merged with the B32/Q100 (QT1) route, having a Rikers Island to LES route, dubbed the BQT30.

Some rush hour :bus_bullet_bx7: trips should operate express north of 181, dubbed the Bx7X.

SB Bx7X: via Riverdale Av, right on 235 St, left on Netherland, right on 232, left on HHP service Rd, enter HHP, exit 14, left on Riverside, right on 181, right on Broadway, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route

NB Bx7X: via Broadway, left on 181, right on H Hudson Pkwy, exit 18, via Irwin Av, straight to Riverdale Av, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route.

But which BxMX route will serve Hudson Yards and Wall Street.

1 hour ago, danig1220 said:

Also what is wrong with the QBx1 anyways

Like the (3), the bulk of the Q50's ridership is of the incidental variety (people may take it if it's the first to show, but their needs could probably be met with other routes). In fact, the Q50/Bx23 split reflects this, as the latter has a considerably more robust schedule and higher ridership in spite of the far lower overall coverage.

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy about the actual Q50 proposals regarding Co-op City is that no one thought to at least try a shorter, straighter route that could make it more attractive to anyone living by the development's eastern flank.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Like the (3), the bulk of the Q50's ridership is of the incidental variety (people may take it if it's the first to show, but their needs could probably be met with other routes). In fact, the Q50/Bx23 split reflects this, as the latter has a considerably more robust schedule and higher ridership in spite of the far lower overall coverage.

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy about the actual Q50 proposals regarding Co-op City is that no one thought to at least try a shorter, straighter route that could make it more attractive to anyone living by the development's eastern flank.

Okay so instead we should just extend Bx23 across Co-Op City and turn it back around. A loop per sé

1 hour ago, Lex said:

What do you think of extending the Q50 to Bay Plaza.