Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
danig1220

Which Bus Routes should we eliminate?

Recommended Posts

Commuters of the five boroughs, Westchester and Nassau Counties.

 

Some bus routes are necessary, others are despised, some not necessary.

Give me the bus route you want to eliminate and why?

 

My bus route is the Bx18 for shortness. Extend it or merge it.

Edited by danig1220

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, danig1220 said:

Commuters of the five boroughs, Westchester and Nassau Counties.

 

Some bus routes are necessary, others are despised, some not necessary.

Give me the bus route you want to eliminate and why?

 

My bus route is the Bx18 for shortness. Extend it or merge it.

If simply not being long enough (or a route you despise for X reason) is your metric for eliminating bus routes, then it's a good thing you are not a route planner. Completely out of touch with not only ridership patterns, demographics, and geography. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If simply not being long enough (or a route you despise for X reason) is your metric for eliminating bus routes, then it's a good thing you are not a route planner. Completely out of touch with not only ridership patterns, demographics, and geography. 

 

 

I apologize for my ignorance. Allow ridership patterns, demographics, and geography be part of it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The B84 and M12 come to mind as routes that should probably be axed. From what I seen, most of the M12 ridership is along 57 street for when the M31 or M57 dont show up in a certain time (606 w57 residents and the like in that pocket of manhattan coming from/going to columbus circle). The B84 is basically an express B83 to New Lots from/to Gateway center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, danig1220 said:

Commuters of the five boroughs, Westchester and Nassau Counties.

 

Some bus routes are necessary, others are despised, some not necessary.

Give me the bus route you want to eliminate and why?

 

My bus route is the Bx18 for shortness. Extend it or merge it.

The :bus_bullet_bxm1:'s Inwood section should be merged with the M98, IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

The :bus_bullet_bxm1:'s Inwood section should be merged with the M98, IMO

Express bus cannot be merge with local.

M98 LTD is needed during rush hour since it's very busy route.

 

 

Edited by FamousNYLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FamousNYLover said:

Express bus cannot be merge with local.

 

Yes it can... everybody pays $6.75

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jova42R said:

Yes it can... everybody pays $6.75

M98 riders don't want to paid $6.75 bus also which means NO COINS if BxM1 replaces M98.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

M98 riders don't want to paid $6.75 bus also which means NO COINS if BxM1 replaces M98.

Ok, so implement a special system on the :bus_bullet_bxm1: where if you pay at the M98 stops, you only pay $2.75

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think farebox can't switch from express bus to local fare.

M10/M20: Combine to M20, operates between Frederick Douglass Blvd/158th St and South Ferry.

M35/M100: Comebine to M100.

Via 125th St, turn right at Lex Av, turn left at 124th St, follows M35 loop back to Triboro, exit onto 125th St, regular route.

Q50/Q48: Via 39th Av, turn left at Prince St, turn right at Roosevelt Av, follow Q48 routing via LGA back to Roosevelt Av, turn left at Main St, regular route.

B32/Q100: Combine as Q100.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

I don't think farebox can't switch from express bus to local fare.

M10/M20: Combine to M20, operates between Frederick Douglass Blvd/158th St and South Ferry. Already done as M10 and split long ago

M35/M100: Comebine to M100.

Via 125th St, turn right at Lex Av, turn left at 124th St, follows M35 loop back to Triboro, exit onto 125th St, regular route. No I don't want a route between Randall's island and Inwood

Q50/Q48: Via 39th Av, turn left at Prince St, turn right at Roosevelt Av, follow Q48 routing via LGA back to Roosevelt Av, turn left at Main St, regular route.

B32/Q100: Combine as Q100.

Not really gonna reply to the last two as the MTA trying to make/be similar to those two routes as the QT50 and QT1 respectively.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bx46... 

 

No one uses this route. The area that this route serves minus the pool is also not conductive to any potential ridership growth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Bx46... 

 

No one uses this route. The area that this route serves minus the pool is also not conductive to any potential ridership growth

I've seen 25-30 people get off at Longwood Avenue on the 6..from Hunts Point. Yeah the route carries air but, I don't think it should be cut entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Bx46... 

No one uses this route. The area that this route serves minus the pool is also not conductive to any potential ridership growth

 

I would have incorporated it into a split of the Bx19...

 

(1) North part (stays Bx19): from Botanic Garden via Southern Blvd, Longwood, into Hunts Point.

(2) South part (new Bx49):  149th Street Crosstown between Riverbank Park and Southern/Westchester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:bus_bullet_bxm18: should be cut, and the :bus_bullet_bxm2: should run via the H Hudson Pky to Downtown.

:bus_bullet_b39: should be merged with the B32/Q100 (QT1) route, having a Rikers Island to LES route, dubbed the BQT30.

Some rush hour :bus_bullet_bx7: trips should operate express north of 181, dubbed the Bx7X.

SB Bx7X: via Riverdale Av, right on 235 St, left on Netherland, right on 232, left on HHP service Rd, enter HHP, exit 14, left on Riverside, right on 181, right on Broadway, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route

NB Bx7X: via Broadway, left on 181, right on H Hudson Pkwy, exit 18, via Irwin Av, straight to Riverdale Av, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, danig1220 said:

Restrict the Bx23 to just rush hours and extend the Q50 LTD to Co-Op City for all other hours.

If this is a joke, it's not funny.

  • Thanks 3
  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Jova42R said:

:bus_bullet_bxm18: should be cut, and the :bus_bullet_bxm2: should run via the H Hudson Pky to Downtown.

:bus_bullet_b39: should be merged with the B32/Q100 (QT1) route, having a Rikers Island to LES route, dubbed the BQT30.

Some rush hour :bus_bullet_bx7: trips should operate express north of 181, dubbed the Bx7X.

SB Bx7X: via Riverdale Av, right on 235 St, left on Netherland, right on 232, left on HHP service Rd, enter HHP, exit 14, left on Riverside, right on 181, right on Broadway, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route

NB Bx7X: via Broadway, left on 181, right on H Hudson Pkwy, exit 18, via Irwin Av, straight to Riverdale Av, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route.

But which BxMX route will serve Hudson Yards and Wall Street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danig1220 said:

Also what is wrong with the QBx1 anyways

Like the (3), the bulk of the Q50's ridership is of the incidental variety (people may take it if it's the first to show, but their needs could probably be met with other routes). In fact, the Q50/Bx23 split reflects this, as the latter has a considerably more robust schedule and higher ridership in spite of the far lower overall coverage.

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy about the actual Q50 proposals regarding Co-op City is that no one thought to at least try a shorter, straighter route that could make it more attractive to anyone living by the development's eastern flank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lex said:

Like the (3), the bulk of the Q50's ridership is of the incidental variety (people may take it if it's the first to show, but their needs could probably be met with other routes). In fact, the Q50/Bx23 split reflects this, as the latter has a considerably more robust schedule and higher ridership in spite of the far lower overall coverage.

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy about the actual Q50 proposals regarding Co-op City is that no one thought to at least try a shorter, straighter route that could make it more attractive to anyone living by the development's eastern flank.

Okay so instead we should just extend Bx23 across Co-Op City and turn it back around. A loop per sé

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lex said:

Like the (3), the bulk of the Q50's ridership is of the incidental variety (people may take it if it's the first to show, but their needs could probably be met with other routes). In fact, the Q50/Bx23 split reflects this, as the latter has a considerably more robust schedule and higher ridership in spite of the far lower overall coverage.

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy about the actual Q50 proposals regarding Co-op City is that no one thought to at least try a shorter, straighter route that could make it more attractive to anyone living by the development's eastern flank.

What do you think of extending the Q50 to Bay Plaza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danig1220 said:

But which BxMX route will serve Hudson Yards and Wall Street.

:bus_bullet_bxm2: serves Hudson Yards. My proposed BxM15 (Inwood-Morris Heights-Highbridge-Midtown) or BxM5 (Riverdale-Downtown - replaces :bus_bullet_bxm18:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.