Which Bus Routes should we eliminate?

danig1220

On 2/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

I would have incorporated it into a split of the Bx19...

(1) North part (stays Bx19): from Botanic Garden via Southern Blvd, Longwood, into Hunts Point.

(2) South part (new Bx49):  149th Street Crosstown between Riverbank Park and Southern/Westchester.

I’m with you on the Bx19 but south of Hunts Point should be the Bx59, leave the Bx49 for the Bx9’s local replacement from 225th St-Bway to 262nd St & Bway. and extend it to Getty Sq in Yonkers.  Bring back one bus route and let’s call it a day: The Bx55 with a new look: Fordham Plz to Central Mall in Yonkers. Add another one if I would: Bx57: LTD from Fordham Plaza to Pelham & Mt. Vernon vía Fordham, Boston Rd and Pelham MNRR Station, making LTD stops along Fordham Rd & Boston Rd (Open door service) and Bx30’s local replacement. (Bx30 will continue to make all stops) 

Whoever said the M12, I got news for ya: the Far West is growing big time between 42nd and south of it. I was on the M12 and you got this many passengers that work during the day that use it in the evening peak hours that connects to the (7) at 34-HY station. They got another site that’s gonna be up & running by 2024

On 2/16/2020 at 12:07 AM, FamousNYLover said:

I don't think farebox can't switch from express bus to local fare.

M10/M20: Combine to M20, operates between Frederick Douglass Blvd/158th St and South Ferry.

M35/M100: Comebine to M100.

Via 125th St, turn right at Lex Av, turn left at 124th St, follows M35 loop back to Triboro, exit onto 125th St, regular route.

Q50/Q48: Via 39th Av, turn left at Prince St, turn right at Roosevelt Av, follow Q48 routing via LGA back to Roosevelt Av, turn left at Main St, regular route.

B32/Q100: Combine as Q100.

We already has that route when the M10 ran it

39 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Whoever said the M12, I got news for ya: the Far West is growing big time between 42nd and south of it. I was on the M12 and you got this many passengers that work during the day that use it in the evening peak hours that connects to the (7) at 34-HY station. They got another site that’s gonna be up & running by 2024

In all honesty, I can see that and the B32 possibly being at least moderately successful, unlike the B84 and -- barring the summer -- Bx46.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

In all honesty, I can see that and the B32 possibly being at least moderately successful, unlike the B84 and -- barring the summer -- Bx46.

We’ll see how the redesign Brooklyn bus routes look like. You wanna get somebody pissed off big time, let’s get the Q33 outta here

On 2/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Jova42R said:

:bus_bullet_bxm18: should be cut, and the :bus_bullet_bxm2: should run via the H Hudson Pky to Downtown.

:bus_bullet_b39: should be merged with the B32/Q100 (QT1) route, having a Rikers Island to LES route, dubbed the BQT30.

Some rush hour :bus_bullet_bx7: trips should operate express north of 181, dubbed the Bx7X.

SB Bx7X: via Riverdale Av, right on 235 St, left on Netherland, right on 232, left on HHP service Rd, enter HHP, exit 14, left on Riverside, right on 181, right on Broadway, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route

NB Bx7X: via Broadway, left on 181, right on H Hudson Pkwy, exit 18, via Irwin Av, straight to Riverdale Av, follow :bus_bullet_bx7: route.

The Bx7 up Netherland Av, a residential street? Routing is absurd. 
BxM18 should not be cut. The bus runs down 5th to provide a quicker commute to Midtown workers that work East & West of 5th, in addition to the people that work in Midtown south of 34th Street.

M100 and M35 bus merge as M100.”

i hate to tell you this but the M100 on the redesign is being pushed back from 125th St & 2nd Ave to 125th St & Amsterdam Ave. there will be only 3 routes operating on 125th St between Amsterdam & 2nd Ave. the M60SBS, M101 & M125

Which bus routes should we eliminate..... Hell, Which bus routes should we preserve?

This idea that the more shorter bus routes should be eliminated or merged with other routes (for no other reason being solely because they're short), would only fuel the system-wide declination of buses in this city....

Chances are, the same people advocating for these mergers & shit, will be the same people complaining about those buses being inadequately serviced & frequently delayed.... Then again, that assumes they'll even bother utilizing these concoctions (which is something else in & of itself).... I refuse to believe that some of you are remotely empathetic upon making these suggestions.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, Union Tpke said:

Guys, don't give the MTA any more ideas.

Basically where I'm at with this whole bit.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Merge Q33 with Q32:

Q32 routing:

Eastbound: Via Roosevelt Av, left at 83rd St, right at Astoria Blvd, left at 85th St, right at 23rd Av, left at 97th St, terminate at Ditmars.

Westbound: From former Q33 layover, turn left at Ditmars Blvd, turn left at 94th St, turn right at 23rd Av, turn left at 82nd St, regular Q32 routing.

I know that this may be controversial, but I think that a M12-M8 merge would be really good. This  would be designated the M82, and to preserve the westernmost section of the M8, some M82 runs would run via West St from 14 St to 10 St, then via the M8.

Thoughts?

Just now, Jova42R said:

I know that this may be controversial, but I think that a M12-M8 merge would be really good. This  would be designated the M82, and to preserve the westernmost section of the M8, some M82 runs would run via West St from 14 St to 10 St, then via the M8.

Thoughts?

Both the M12 and M8 are doing their job, so I don’t see why this is necessary 

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

Because people wanting to get to LES from Hudson Yards, for example are stuck taking the (7) to (F) to M9.

I won't pretend to know too much about whatever bases they have, but I honestly doubt much of anyone's looking to dive between points on the M12 and points on the M8.

1 hour ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

Merge B68 and B61

Merge B54 and Q55

All four of those routes have their own problems. Merging any of them will only screw over everyone on the resulting routes (and with less potential for gain than the merge of the B5 and B50, to boot).