What's Faster - BUS DIVISION

Jova42R

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Q56

What's faster between WBP & Jackson av on a Saturday night - B32 or B62?

I'll probably have a better chance with the B62 since it's more frequent on sat nights.

From 125th and Amsterdam, 3 PM. School is out.

What's faster to 66th and Broadway?

M104 or M11

36 minutes ago, Statty said:

I'll probably have a better chance with the B62 since it's more frequent on sat nights.

From 125th and Amsterdam, 3 PM. School is out.

What's faster to 66th and Broadway?

M104 or M11

M11 if one comes. Otherwise M104.

12 hours ago, Statty said:

The game here assumes both routes leaving a particular origin at the same time..... The fact that there's more B62 service (in this case) is immaterial...

8 hours ago, XBht26 said:

Q24. Less lights on Atlantic Avenue 

The Q24 also has more passenger activity (pickups/dropoffs) between said stretch, compared to the Q56.... Q24 should be faster than it actually is along Atlantic (due to less lights & what not).... Between Jamaica & B'way Junction during most parts of the day on that route, I just can't.....

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

What's faster on 57 St during midday, the M31 or 57?

I'd give somewhat of an edge to the M57; the M31 is more sought after/more utilized.

Which is faster between QBP & 30th av? the [Q69], [Q101], or [Q102] ?

Edited by B35 via Church

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

The game here assumes both routes leaving a particular origin at the same time..... The fact that there's more B62 service (in this case) is immaterial...

The Q24 also has more passenger activity (pickups/dropoffs) between said stretch, compared to the Q56.... Q24 should be faster than it actually is along Atlantic (due to less lights & what not).... Between Jamaica & B'way Junction during most parts of the day on that route, I just can't.....

I'd give somewhat of an edge to the M57; the M31 is more sought after/more utilized.

Which is faster between QBP & 30th av? the [Q69], [Q101], or [Q102] ?

I'll say the Q102

6 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

I'll take my chances with the B68

What's faster from Jamaica Station  to Flushing

Q20, 25, 34, 44 or 65?

Q65. Literally took me 20 minutes from Flushing to Jamaica on a local, even less time on the LTD.

Whats faster? The M1-M3 from 110th Street to Astor Place, or the M101-M103 from 110th to Astor Place?

8 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

I'll take my chances with the B68...

Yeah, it's to the point I don't even bother riding the B82 from C.I. (outside of fanning purposes) anymore, even if it is a 1-seat ride to Utica.... B68 to the B35 has been the better bet.... B68 usually beats the B82 to that intersection (Kings Hwy/CI av).

8 hours ago, NBTA said:

Q65. Literally took me 20 minutes from Flushing to Jamaica on a local, even less time on the LTD.

IDK about 20 mins., but the Q65 is deceptively fast between Jamaica & Flushing (that would've also been my choice to @Q43LTD's question).... It's my "go-to", whenever I'm heading from Jamaica to Flushing... I don't bother with the infamous Q44 b/c IDC for the backtrack out of Jamaica to serve Briarwood, nor the heavy passenger activity it has to put up with at almost literally every stop between the stretch (although it does move decently along Main itself)....

7 hours ago, Jova42R said:

What's faster from BATH BEACH to WILLIAMSBURG?

:bus_bullet_x28: to M9 to :bus_bullet_b39:

OR

:bus_bullet_x38: to M15 to :bus_bullet_b39:

OR

:bus_bullet_b64: to :bus_bullet_b70: to :bus_bullet_b63: to :bus_bullet_b62:

Being that you have the x38 as one of the options & being that you can only take an inbound x38 to the M15, this scenario narrows down to that of happening during the AM rush..... In that case, I'd say the first option you have there.

=============

Which is faster on an early Saturday afternoon between Cross County Mall & Kings Plaza:

1. BL-20 > BxM4 > BM1 > B41
  2. BL-25 > BxM11 > BM4 > B3

36 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Which is faster on an early Saturday afternoon between Cross County Mall & Kings Plaza:

BL-25 to :bus_bullet_bxm3: to :bus_bullet_bm1: to :bus_bullet_b46:+SBS+ would be fastest, I think.

What's faster from RIVERDALE to RED HOOK during the mid-morning?

:bus_bullet_bxm2: to M55 to M14A+SBS+ to :bus_bullet_b39: to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm1: to Q32 to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm1: to M103 to :bus_bullet_b39: to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm2: to (F) to :bus_bullet_b61:

or something else (say what please! :))

Just now, Jova42R said:

BL-25 to :bus_bullet_bxm3: to :bus_bullet_bm1: to :bus_bullet_b46:+SBS+ would be fastest, I think.

What's faster from RIVERDALE to RED HOOK during the mid-morning?

:bus_bullet_bxm2: to M55 to M14A+SBS+ to :bus_bullet_b39: to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm1: to Q32 to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm1: to M103 to :bus_bullet_b39: to :bus_bullet_b62: to :bus_bullet_b61:

:bus_bullet_bxm2: to (F) to :bus_bullet_b61:

or something else (say what please! :))

(1) to 168 St, A to Jay St, then B61 would probably be fastest if you were actually trying to get there...

On 2/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, B35 via Church said:

That wasn't one of the options.....

What's the point of this game if anyone can name whatever option they want.... Lol....

And this is why I should have been the one to make the thread since it is a spin off of my idea. Like what are the rules for the game??

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

And this is why I should have been the one to make the thread since it is a spin off of my idea. Like what are the rules for the game??

Your guess is as good as mine.

====================

I'll just make a simpler one.

What's faster between 1st av & 7th av? The M42 or the M14

19 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Your guess is as good as mine.

====================

I'll just make a simpler one.

What's faster between 1st av & 7th av? The M42 or the M14

The M42 :D

LOL, I think we all know the M14 wins in that regard.

Okay, which one is faster between Fresh Meadows (188 St / 64 Ave) and Downtown:

AM QM8 SX or QM7.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:53 PM, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, it's to the point I don't even bother riding the B82 from C.I. (outside of fanning purposes) anymore, even if it is a 1-seat ride to Utica.... B68 to the B35 has been the better bet.... B68 usually beats the B82 to that intersection (Kings Hwy/CI av).

IDK about 20 mins., but the Q65 is deceptively fast between Jamaica & Flushing (that would've also been my choice to @Q43LTD's question).... It's my "go-to", whenever I'm heading from Jamaica to Flushing... I don't bother with the infamous Q44 b/c IDC for the backtrack out of Jamaica to serve Briarwood, nor the heavy passenger activity it has to put up with at almost literally every stop between the stretch (although it does move decently along Main itself)....

Being that you have the x38 as one of the options & being that you can only take an inbound x38 to the M15, this scenario narrows down to that of happening during the AM rush..... In that case, I'd say the first option you have there.

=============

21 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The M42 :D

LOL, I think we all know the M14 wins in that regard.

Okay, which one is faster between Fresh Meadows (188 St / 64 Ave) and Downtown:

AM QM8 SX or QM7.

Probably the QM7. 

Whats faster to Coney Island from Jamaica?

Q8-B83-B82 LOCAL-B68

Q24-B46 Local-B3-B36