Newly Renovated Nostrand Avenue LIRR Station Tour

This is the full tour of the newly renovated Nostrand Avenue Long Island Rail Road Station Stop in the gentrified neighborhood of Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn, New York. Please enjoy.

Subway Cars Tagged With Graffiti; Brazen Bikers Bring Motorbike Onto The Subway; Rise In Crime Brings All Police Force Underground

Is it still first 4 cars only?

I don't care cause I use Barclays to get to the (2)(3) train for Lower Manhattan to catch the Hempstead Branch.

I rather take the M15 up from Lower Manhattan to 59th Street because it's faster. 

Deucey removed some stuff unrelated to the topic that could’ve derailed the thread. Forgive the pun.

Edited by Deucey
The removed text should’ve been in the Bus forum.

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Hell, 6 cars on every train is likely all we're going to see in service, whenever they start shuttling Brooklyn service to/from Jamaica.... They're just about done with that new platform at Jamaica....

And with no infill stations or reduced fares, to boot.

It really makes this renovation questionable...

22 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Is it still first 4 cars only?

At Nostrand av? No - The renovation is done already (hence the point of the thread)....

22 hours ago, NY1635 said:

I don't care cause I use Barclays to get to the (2)(3) train for Lower Manhattan to catch the Hempstead Branch.

Good to know that the Hempstead branch serves Lower Manhattan.

12 hours ago, Lex said:

And with no infill stations or reduced fares, to boot.

It really makes this renovation questionable...

I've always said that a Utica av station would be more patronized than Nostrand av.... LIRR Nostrand av. always felt out of place to me for some reason.... For Queens patrons, hell, at least 1 station between ENY & Jamaica would also be in order....

Anyway, when I used to take the LIRR to work (during the midst of the renovation), the first thing that came to mind, was that this is all being done as part of the gentrification process....

I want to see how they're going to try to beautify the dungeon/bathroom/outdoor living arrangement that is LIRR ENY....

Edited by B35 via Church

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 9:17 AM, B35 via Church said:

At Nostrand av? No - The renovation is done already (hence the point of the thread)....

Good to know that the Hempstead branch serves Lower Manhattan.

I've always said that a Utica av station would be more patronized than Nostrand av.... LIRR Nostrand av. always felt out of place to me for some reason.... For Queens patrons, hell, at least 1 station between ENY & Jamaica would also be in order....

Anyway, when I used to take the LIRR to work (during the midst of the renovation), the first thing that came to mind, was that this is all being done as part of the gentrification process....

I want to see how they're going to try to beautify the dungeon/bathroom/outdoor living arrangement that is LIRR ENY....

Dungeon/bathroom/ is a great description. I also think Utica and Woodhaven makes more sense.