Exclusive: Former Transit Boss Andy Byford Speaks Out For 1st Time on 'Undermined' Role in NY

Harry

I am glad that Byford is speaking out about this. It is completely unacceptable that a Transportation Agency is strapped on to the Governor's Balls and everything has to be dictated and manipulated by him. The Politicization of this agency outright stinks and since Cuomo wanted to tie up the strings in this puppet show, now he should be the one held accountable for his decision which caused this mess and now he's responsible for 5.6 Million New Yorkers.

Cuomo is giving a press conference right now, I assume about the coronavirus, and someone asked him about this interview.

His response? "I never worked with Byford; I worked with Pat Foye and the board... [Byford] doesn't even run the system."

And then goes on to claim that he spent months in the tunnels and on the tracks, as if that qualifies him to make decisions about the system over someone whose entire career has been in public transport.

1 hour ago, 7LineFan said:

Cuomo is giving a press conference right now, I assume about the coronavirus, and someone asked him about this interview.

His response? "I never worked with Byford; I worked with Pat Foye and the board... [Byford] doesn't even run the system."

And then goes on to claim that he spent months in the tunnels and on the tracks, as if that qualifies him to make decisions about the system over someone whose entire career has been in public transport.

And by doing so, proved Andy’s point 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Spent months in tunnels? Taking pictures of yourself in a tunnel pointing at random stuff for publicity earns you nothing Cuomo, get out of here with that nonsense.

Might as well  photoshop Ralph Wiggum from the simpsons in saying IM A TRACK WORKER OR IM A MTA etc

17 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Spent months in tunnels? Taking pictures of yourself in a tunnel pointing at random stuff for publicity earns you nothing Cuomo, get out of here with that nonsense.

Agreed. What governor hasn’t done something similar to this after some part of the infrastructure in their state got affected by disaster, natural or man made? By no means did that make any of them experts in how to fix it. 

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

I think I'm going to make something out of that quote the one guy gave from Mayor LaGuardia, because it's spot on the nose, there are some things that partisan politics just do NOT belong in. 

Agreed and it’s all too unfortunate that we just can’t seem to get partisan politics out of transportation. Not just in New York, but in this country.