Orion VII NG and RTS

trainfan22

Oh, I didn't know Manhattan was getting those. I thought it was just Staten Island for now.

And I was thinking of going out of my way to SI to see one.

Do they all have the interior LED lighting now?

Same here, I thought they was gonna fill up yukon and CAS first then Quill and kingsbrige. I didn't pay the lights any mind so im not sure if they have LED lighting, i assume they do.

Oh, I didn't know Manhattan was getting those. I thought it was just Staten Island for now.

And I was thinking of going out of my way to SI to see one.

Do they all have the interior LED lighting now?

No, they dont have LED lights, still has florescent lighting. Should have gone to LED lights by now

Wow im surprised that the MJQ Depot in manhattan has now the Orion Vll NG. I guess Castleton Depot in SI is not the only that have those buses. I have been in Manhattan in 3 weeks now. I need t5o satrt going back. Plus ima check out those new Orion Vll NG to see how it is whenever I get a chance.

Will those new buses hit Brooklyn at any point? I remember reading about them possibly going to Ulmer Park or Flatbush, any truth to that? It'd be wonderful, in my opinion. There needs to be some diversity on my B41 and B3. Awesome Pics, BTW.

Wow im surprised that the MJQ Depot in manhattan has now the Orion Vll NG. I guess Castleton Depot in SI is not the only that have those buses. I have been in Manhattan in 3 weeks now. I need t5o satrt going back. Plus ima check out those new Orion Vll NG to see how it is whenever I get a chance.
I rode on it, it aint nothing special its just like riding an OG Orion VII with a few comstic diffences.

arent those Hybrid Buses being placed on the Staten Island's Castleton Depot Routes?
Yes, two went to quill...

Will those new buses hit Brooklyn at any point? I remember reading about them possibly going to Ulmer Park or Flatbush, any truth to that? It'd be wonderful, in my opinion. There needs to be some diversity on my B41 and B3. Awesome Pics, BTW.

Sadly yes they will, but sending them to flatbush is a VERY bad idea. If anything flatbush needs artics, as great as flatbush RTS's are sometimes there simply aren't enough. And these are 40ft high floor buses with more room than the VII's that were talking about. The only flatbush routes they would be able to run on is the B2, B31 and the B49. Putting them on the B41, B44 and B46 is a disater waiting to happen. As for the diversity on the B41, there lots of diversity on the B41, you got nova RTS, 84XX TMC RTS and 82XX RTS's!! :D:D:D

And thanks!!

Nice catch on the Orion VII, i so gotta ride those downtown, hoe to see them in the brox, seeing that its finally on the MaBSTOA side ;)

btw i notice there is a special red bus lane on the 34th street pic, are they doing BRT(SBS+) there?

Damn I remember when LGA had it. It was allright. Also it didnt have the rear sign I see flatbush fixed that problem lol.
Yea, flatbush takes good care of their buses unlike that crappy depot in queens known as LGA.;):P

Nice catch on the Orion VII, i so gotta ride those downtown, hoe to see them in the brox, seeing that its finally on the MaBSTOA side ;)

btw i notice there is a special red bus lane on the 34th street pic, are they doing BRT(SBS+) there?

Nope, theres no SBS on the M34 the M34 uses RTS's and doesn't have any artics running on it.

Nice pics!

Thanks!!

Great pics!
Thanks!!

Great shots trainfan! I like the look of those new buses.

Hopefully Ulmer Park and Flatbush will see some of those new buses sometime soon. I agree with you though, Flatbush does need artics. They had some of the longest routes in Brooklyn... B41, B44, B46, B49... and those routes carry.

Great stuff!

Hopefully Ulmer Park and Flatbush will see some of those new buses sometime soon. I agree with you though, Flatbush does need artics. They had some of the longest routes in Brooklyn... B41, B44, B46, B49... and those routes carry.

Great stuff!

Thanks!!

No, it wouldn't. That would be horrible. If they come, then the 1990 TMCs are goners. Get with the program, people.

They are nice buses, but once again, if having them means the elder fleet gets the ax, then I can wait a few more years (unless they find their way to the Jackie Gleason Depot ONLY).

Great stuff!

HELL NO! The only Bklyn Depot I would wish them for would be the Gleason Depot.

Archived