NJ Transit Coronavirus Service Cuts

njbus86

On 3/20/2020 at 4:36 PM, mfs NJT459 said:

I saw MCI 7645 on the 455 today

Driver was doing a extra trip. Ops are starting to call out.

A service change for the bus was supposed to go into affect on March 25th; that was cancelled, due to them making an entire new schedule based on which lines need service and which ones don’t. They will not make paper schedules you will have get the schedule for each line on www.njtransit.com. I will announce the new service change date as soon as o hear from our union.

Anyone riding a local line njt is doing rear door boarding on lines with Nabis and neoplans. MCI lines have the first 1-2 rows caution tape off. At this time no bus operators will be accepting cash, you must have a ticket or mobile pass or eticket to board. 

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

On the Academy side, 8A service to/from Wall Street is suspended for the time being. Also, weekend service is no longer operating until further notice: 

ShortLine is operating very reduced service on the Route 17 service:

https://web.coachusa.com/shortline/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Suffern&s1=NY&c2=New+York&s2=NY&resultId=18339&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=&nt=1%2Findex.asp&cbid=812222197777

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, 46Dover said:

A little late to the game here but I was laid off Monday (on my birthday no less 🤦‍♂️)

I am sorry to hear that, but I hope the new treatments allow us to bring the economy back to life around Easter as President Trump wants to do. I still think we will have some form of summer in the bus industry this year.

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

A little late to the game here but I was laid off Monday (on my birthday no less 🤦‍♂️)

I’m sorry to hear that man! Njt cut our days to 2,3,4 days with 3-5 days off. I feel for you, not fair. I hope things better soon so you can get back to work. Just be patient and go sign up for unemployment. 

Anyone looking to fan njt be careful and have the app handy. A Sunday schedule is going into affect. If drivers call out they are not filling the run. After 8pm do not expect a bus to show up because you should be home by that time.

I can only imagine the amount of money they are losing from what is basically free bus rides. Eh, free rides is free rides and I'm not complaining haha. I'm still going to have the bus fare on me though.

I got on the 90 earlier with the bus fare on me not that it mattered anyway since there was yellow tape blocking the path to the front.

After that I got on the 1 but this time there was no yellow tape blocking the path, but I just sat down. Neither driver said anything. Just get on the bus from the back, sit down and that's it.

The only reason why I bring that up is because this article was saying - “It’s a precaution to expand social distancing as much as can. We expect customers to pay. They can walk to front of bus and pay,”. 

It's like they can't make up their mind - https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/nj-transit-cuts-back-on-light-rail-changes-bus-riding-rules-to-help-with-social-distancing.html

Though my mother was telling me that on the GO28 at least during the times that she catches it that the driver would be more strict.

Really just depends on the driver then.

Edited by Silver Script

https://www.coachusa.com/node/380?fbclid=IwAR2pGuUsr6lOCdglkfo9oHpYxvR4_hWfhd4JPcqjkDRINphOO7xCCs3Z4e0

Rockland Coaches will operate on a Sunday schedule Monday through Friday. Weekend service is not operating.

ShortLine will continue operating service on Route 17 on weekends, but there will be one route serving all Bergen County and Orange County points south of Middletown, including Suffern in Rockland County.

https://web.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAssets/files/98/CUSATEMPSCHEDULE.pdf

http://cmt.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAssets/files/98/OCtemp.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2sv1dwaG-BgbF8k724WlUp_MdG23iNJBRMaBIoBq4c0ZVRqJpSPYrf50s

On 3/25/2020 at 11:00 AM, JAzumah said:

I am sorry to hear that, but I hope the new treatments allow us to bring the economy back to life around Easter as President Trump wants to do. I still think we will have some form of summer in the bus industry this year.

Trust me, that's not happening.

17 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Those schedules are not reduced. Weekend service on a lot of lines operate more buses then weekdays. The 319 for example runs a bus every hour all day until 830 in ac and 845 in New York. 

howell is running the 319(eht runs) and they paying 2 drivers a trip. Every driver is doing one trip and dhd back and the other driver dhd to ac to pull the 2nd trip. 

30 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Those schedules are not reduced. Weekend service on a lot of lines operate more buses then weekdays. The 319 for example runs a bus every hour all day until 830 in ac and 845 in New York. 

howell is running the 319(eht runs) and they paying 2 drivers a trip. Every driver is doing one trip and dhd back and the other driver dhd to ac to pull the 2nd trip. 

Copy. Thanks for the correction.

Well from what I'm seeing, the schedule change of Saturday instead of normal Weekday is really not working out at all for certain lines like the 1, 25 and 62

---

Out of the 5 times I caught the bus today, each had almost 10 people or more for the available seats

I get on the 25 and it was almost "full"

Some 1's are being a no show which isn't helping and will just make the bus even more packed. And mybusnow isn't working until further notice so I can't really confirm that to see what's going on.

The 62 was super packed around 5am from what I was told . Probably a lot of airport workers.

---

NJ Transit really should have kept a weekday schedule still for the lines that gets the most people even in this situation. but, those are my thoughts and what I noticed today.

Edited by Silver Script