Old 6 Av-Broadway-Brooklyn "KK","K" train service.

Charleston

Have anyone of you transit workers(subway workers) have heard of anything about bringing back the old 6th Av/Broadway-Brooklyn service "KK","K" train service anytime in the forseeable future.

I had a proposal on how this service can work(if restored) and here it is:

Replace the "M" train in Northern Brooklyn and Queens with the "V" train but use the "M" train cars due to the fact that longer R46 cars can't run on this line and operate the "V" train between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av/Forest Hills-71 Av all day on weekdays, late nights and weekends, the "V" train would operate as a shuttle between Myrtle Av and Middle Village-Metropolitan Av.

The R46 cars that were running on the "V" train would then be transferred over to the "G" train to restore the 6 car trtains on that line.

Extend the "W" train into Brooklyn o replace the Southern Brooklyn part of the "M" train between Whitehall St and Bay Parkway, with the 520 Kawasaki cars and 60 Alstom cars all going over to the "N","Q" and "W" trains for a total of 580 cars and extra R68/A cars since these cars are going to the "B" train and again, extras left over, there would be enough cars to extend the "W" train into Southern Brooklyn.

Any comments you would like to share on my ideas that I just mentioned above, please post them up.

Have anyone of you transit workers(subway workers) have heard of anything about bringing back the old 6th Av/Broadway-Brooklyn service "KK","K" train service anytime in the forseeable future.

I had a proposal on how this service can work(if restored) and here it is:

Replace the "M" train in Northern Brooklyn and Queens with the "V" train but use the "M" train cars due to the fact that longer R46 cars can't run on this line and operate the "V" train between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av/Forest Hills-71 Av all day on weekdays, late nights and weekends, the "V" train would operate as a shuttle between Myrtle Av and Middle Village-Metropolitan Av.

The R46 cars that were running on the "V" train would then be transferred over to the "G" train to restore the 6 car trtains on that line.

Extend the "W" train into Brooklyn o replace the Southern Brooklyn part of the "M" train between Whitehall St and Bay Parkway, with the 520 Kawasaki cars and 60 Alstom cars all going over to the "N","Q" and "W" trains for a total of 580 cars and extra R68/A cars since these cars are going to the "B" train and again, extras left over, there would be enough cars to extend the "W" train into Southern Brooklyn.

Any comments you would like to share on my ideas that I just mentioned above, please post them up.

I know they are gonna order more R160B and make (G) a full train and the R160B will run on the (V)

• 1 year later...

These were the 'A' and 'B' stations when the (KK) and (QJ) ran:

168th Street-Jamaica Terminal AB

160th Street B

Sutphin Boulevard AB

Queens Boulevard B

Metropolitan Avenue B

121st Street A

111th Street A

102nd Street B

Woodhaven Boulevard A

Forest Parkway A

Eldert Lane AB

Cypress Hills B

Crescent Street A

Norwood Avenue B

Cleveland Street A

Van Siclen Avenue B

Alabama Avenue A

Eastern Parkway AB

The (KK) debuted on July 1,1968 and ran rush hours making B stops. On January 2, 1973 the (KK) was cut back to Eastern Parkway and relabeled the (K). In those days the (KK) operated as a local north of Eastern Parkway.

Last run for the (K): Friday August 27,1976.

Archived