Think I know why the "F" train is getting some R160 cars.

Charleston

I think I know on why the "F" train is getting about 5 to 8 car sets of R160 cars.

I think is because some of the R160 cars are bumping off the R46 from the "F" train is probably because some of those R46 cars are probably going to the "G" train for it's extension to Church Av so they need to have more cars to extend the "G" train.

When this happens, there will be 520 Kawasaki cars and 60 Alstom Cars at CI Yard for a total of 580 cars and with the "N" trains running 23 car sets. the "Q" train running 18 car sets and the "W" train running 11 car sets, most likely the "N" train will get all 230 R160 23 car sets, the "Q" train will get all 180 R160 18 car sets for a total of 410 R160 cars running on both the "N" and "Q" trains.

In regards to the "W" train, there will probably be some BUT NOT all R160 cars and some R68/A cars since there will be extra R68/A cars but 25 car sets they are assigned to the "B" train today will have a total of 200 R68/A cars, there will be 130 extra R68 cars left so that is probably why the "W" train will get some of those extra R68/A cars and some of the R160 cars and give the rest of the R160 cars to the "F" train.

That is probably the reason on why the "F" train is getting some R160 cars for CI Yard.

Here's my two cents on what I think should happen, keep in mind, this is just an opinion.

They are giving R160s to the (F) to make Coney Island an partially R160 Terminal. New style station to support new tech trains.

The (F) would probably get the bulk from Alstom, with some Kawasaki Put-Ins & R46s

The next route would have the R160s would have to be the (E) & (R)

R46s would be shafted over to the (A), (C) & (E) Lines.

Here's my two cents on what I think should happen, keep in mind, this is just an opinion.

They are giving R160s to the (F) to make Coney Island an partially R160 Terminal. New style station to support new tech trains.

The (F) would probably get the bulk from Alstom, with some Kawasaki Put-Ins & R46s

The next route would have the R160s would have to be the (E) & (R)

R46s would be shafted over to the (A), (C) & (E) Lines.

Dude here's my two cents, never give Charleston your two cents ;)

Dude here's my two cents, never give Charleston your two cents ;)
LMAO!!

You guys keep beating up on poor Charleston, he's just unaware about the other info I guess.

The (G) Extension WILL be happing early 2009, know one knows when.

Charleston asks the SAME questions over and over again. People have answered his questions honestly in the past on subchat he simply ingnores the replys and asks the SAME question again. Its a bit fusterating after a while also, when people ask him a question trying to know him a little better he NEVER answers them. If hes a 10 year kid then maybe its ok but if hes a 30 year old grown man, then he should able to companend what we say to him.

I think I know on why the "F" train is getting about 5 to 8 car sets of R160 cars.

I think is because some of the R160 cars are bumping off the R46 from the "F" train is probably because some of those R46 cars are probably going to the "G" train for it's extension to Church Av so they need to have more cars to extend the "G" train.

When this happens, there will be 520 Kawasaki cars and 60 Alstom Cars at CI Yard for a total of 580 cars and with the "N" trains running 23 car sets. the "Q" train running 18 car sets and the "W" train running 11 car sets, most likely the "N" train will get all 230 R160 23 car sets, the "Q" train will get all 180 R160 18 car sets for a total of 410 R160 cars running on both the "N" and "Q" trains.

In regards to the "W" train, there will probably be some BUT NOT all R160 cars and some R68/A cars since there will be extra R68/A cars but 25 car sets they are assigned to the "B" train today will have a total of 200 R68/A cars, there will be 130 extra R68 cars left so that is probably why the "W" train will get some of those extra R68/A cars and some of the R160 cars and give the rest of the R160 cars to the "F" train.

That is probably the reason on why the "F" train is getting some R160 cars for CI Yard.

Btw the reason why the (F) is getting R160's is to replace the R32's. Its as simple as that, nothing more nothing less.:cool:

exactly. we all know the current status and fate of R32s. Since the (F) had them, logically replacing them with 160s (probably the ones based in CI) seems to be the best idea. now seeing 160s on the (E) and (R) is up in the air. and IMO probably wont happen. R42s got shifted to the (E). and the R179s after they are designed and built are slated for Queens Bl. im assuming thats when the (E) will see actual new cars.

Charleston asks the SAME questions over and over again. People have answered his questions honestly in the past on subchat he simply ingnores the replys and asks the SAME question again. Its a bit fusterating after a while also, when people ask him a question trying to know him a little better he NEVER answers them. If hes a 10 year kid then maybe its ok but if hes a 30 year old grown man, then he should able to companend what we say to him.

I don't think he knows how to reply on subchat, or to even read subchat. Before January I was confused by the layout too.

LMAO!!

Jesus, they aren't questions, because, WHERE IS THE QUESTION MARK?

Let me help you out here. When the (G) gets extended to Church Ave. it will be permanently cut back to Court Sq. (like that isn't the case already). This means it will be also transferred to Coney Island Yard, meaning it won't be just R46s anymore, just R68s or R160s. The 40 R46s that it uses will go to Jamaica Yard, probably to be used on the (R) to replace those R32s.

The original plan was for the (F)'s R160s to be bsed out of Ave. X Yard, which is basically part of Coeny Island Yard. However, that's just a storage Yard so they want to give R160s (most likely the Option Order of R160As, 9233-9592) to Jamaica Yard for (F) service.

I don't think he knows how to reply on subchat, or to even read subchat. Before January I was confused by the layout too.

He does know how to reply on subchat, one time he asked when was the 40 slant farewell run and someone gave him a phony answer and he repied back asking it if was true.

Archived