Railfanning in Oragne County - A few questions

Jova42R

Hi all,

After COVID-19 is over, I am probably going to take a trip to Orange County to railfan. As I have never railfanned here before, I was just wondering if any of you could answer a few of my questions?

1. Is there a reliable/frequent bus from the Harriman Train Station to Chester, NY?
  2. Is there any mode of public transport to get to/from either Chester, NY or Salisbury Mills, NY to Iona Island
  3. How often do NS trains run on that industrial track along the OCHRT (Orange County Heritage Rail Trail)
  4. How often do CSX River Line trains run?

@XcelsiorBoii4888 @WillF40PH @Mnrr6131 @engineerboy6561 @Via Garibaldi 8 @BM5 via Woodhaven do any of you know answers to any of these questions?

Edited by Jova42R

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

Hi all,

After COVID-19 is over, I am probably going to take a trip to Orange County to railfan. As I have never railfanned here before, I was just wondering if any of you could answer a few of my questions?

1. Is there a reliable/frequent bus from the Harriman Train Station to Chester, NY?
  2. Is there any mode of public transport to get to/from either Chester, NY or Salisbury Mills, NY to Iona Island
  3. How often do NS trains run on that industrial track along the OCHRT (Orange County Heritage Rail Trail)

@XcelsiorBoii4888 @WillF40PH @Mnrr6131 @engineerboy6561 @Via Garibaldi 8 @BM5 via Woodhaven do any of you know answers to any of these questions?

There is a bus from Harriman to Chester; it runs five trips a day each way on weekdays and two on weekends (I have no idea how reliable it is or if it's timed to meet the trains), and Iona Island is closed to the public as a nature reserve.

10 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Hi all,

There is a bus from Port Authority into Chester, NY

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 1:55 PM, Jova42R said:

Hi all,

There is pretty much little to no bus service from Harriman, at least from what I know. Orange County isn't known to have any actual good bus service compared to Rockland County. You'd be better off if you had a friend who has a car to take you to other places in Orange County. As far as your other questions, I don't know the answer to them.

• 5 months later...