NICE takeover?

Hound

1 hour ago, Hound said:

Heard rumors that LIRR taking control over NICE Bus. Anyone have Knowledge of that?

If Nassau's buses were to be placed back in the MTA's hands, it would make more sense to be under RBO.

Considering the circumstances behind the MTA dropping Nassau's buses in the first place, the county would have to offer a really sweet deal.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

No I don't have any knowledge of it.... I will say though, that I do find it peculiar that one of the agency's subsidiaries in-particular is rumored to taking control of NICE bus (instead of just saying "The MTA" itself)....

You're not alone with that thought. I used to attend NY City Council meetings many years ago with a State assemblyman and he'd point out the little things that we ordinary people would overlook.  He was familiar with those tactics and how they were used. Between him and the Village Voice weekly newspaper I became somewhat vigilant about how the political game was played. By the time Joe and Jane Sixpack caught on to the game it was too late. Glad to see I'm not alone.  Carry on. 

Edited by Trainmaster5
Additional content

9 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

IMO, the solution is for Nassau County to do a better job of funding NICE Bus, not have it taken over by a larger entity.  

That's the sole reason why they chose Transdev to operate NICE Bus (takeover, really) in the first place. Your "solution" can literally apply to any public transit agency, heck, even further than that. Everyone wants more money.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:59 PM, danielhg121 said:

That's the sole reason why they chose Transdev to operate NICE Bus (takeover, really) in the first place. Your "solution" can literally apply to any public transit agency, heck, even further than that. Everyone wants more money.

The Problem with Nassau getting rid of the buses and the LIRR Commuters wanting do away with the bus system is that a lot inner Nassau Routes gets high usage among people traveling from South of Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway to places like Mineola, Hempstead, Hicksville, Roosevelt Field. People living in the Hub also are trying to head South to Merrick Road for the n4, or further South to Five Towns, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, South Freeport, Baldwin Harbor, or North to Glen Cove, Locust Valley, Bavyille, Great Neck, LIJ, or even North Shore University Hospital. 

They succeeded in gutting the bus system only to reveal a glaring flaw: No plausible way to get to places communities north of Hillside Avenue without a car. The people from Hempstead would rather bike to Rosyln than take the cab, and the people with cars tend to make for the parkway as to avoid Hempstead Turnpike near the Coliseum or Jericho Turnpike between Mineola Blvd and what I am assuming is Little Neck Parkway as the choke point.

I am glad you brought up money because Baumann Buses went out of Business sometime around April because they couldn't afford to keep the buses running because of the shutdown.

Transdev got in trouble for admitting that they make a lot of money funneling people in and out of Hempstead with the n6 being their biggest money maker due to high farebox recovery.

Edited by NY1635