Overnight Essential Bus Service Plan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

From what I could make out of that, on the express bus side: The BM2, BM3, X28, BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7, QM6, (QM16/QM17?), and X68 will be running during overnight hours. This will be interesting.

It's only a guess at the moment. Even some people on the inside don't know. lol Pretty wild...

From what I can tell from the map and what they’ve been hinting at in the media, they’ll be prioritizing bus services that run near hospitals. Most of the BxM express buses stop near Mt. Sinai in Manhattan for instance (the BxM4 also stops by Bronx-Lebanon and Montefiore on the Bronx end), the Bx12 runs by Jacobi, the Bx21 for Einstein, and the M15 which stops at a bunch of hospitals too.

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

From what I could make out of that, on the express bus side: The BM2, BM3, X28, BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7, QM6, (QM16/QM17?), and X68 will be running during overnight hours. This will be interesting.

5 express routes in the Bronx, 3 in Queens and Brooklyn respectively, totaling 11 Express routes according to MTA Twitter. These express routes make "additional stops" although it's unclear to how.

Based in this and the "details" listed on the map, these are the express routes running 24/7 and/or overnight service:

• BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7, BxM11
  • BM2, BM3, X28
  • QM6, QM17, X68

Edit: a "board meeting" was put together earlier and it was confirmed the BxM11 is one of 11 overnight express routes since it parallels the (2) .

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

4 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

5 express routes in the Bronx, 3 in Queens and Brooklyn respectively, totaling 11 Express routes according to MTA Twitter. These express routes make "additional stops" although it's unclear to how.

Based in this and the "details" listed on the map, these are the express routes running 24/7 and/or overnight service:

• BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7, BxM11
  • BM2, BM3, X28
  • QM6, QM17, X68

Edit: a "board meeting" was put together earlier and it was confirmed the BxM11 is one of 11 overnight express routes since it parallels the (2) .

I can confirm that the above express lines will be running. I don't have schedules yet, but those are the lines for sure.

5 hours ago, paulrivera said:

From what I can tell from the map and what they’ve been hinting at in the media, they’ll be prioritizing bus services that run near hospitals. Most of the BxM express buses stop near Mt. Sinai in Manhattan for instance (the BxM4 also stops by Bronx-Lebanon and Montefiore on the Bronx end), the Bx12 runs by Jacobi, the Bx21 for Einstein, and the M15 which stops at a bunch of hospitals too.

So that all of the speculation can cease...

The Bronx: Bx1, Bx4, Bx9, Bx15, Bx19, Bx21, Bx24, Bx28, Bx39, Bx40, BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7 and BxM11.

Manhattan: M2, M3, M4, M7, M15, M20, M34SBS, M60SBS, M102 and M104.

Brooklyn: B1, B8, B11, B15, B25, B36, B38, B39, B44, B45, B46, B48, B61, B62, B63, B68, B82, BM2, BM3 and X28.

Queens: Q4, Q22, Q24, Q32, Q43, Q44SBS, Q46, Q53SBS, Q56, Q60, Q65, Q66, Q102, QM6, X68 and QM17.

7 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Damn, no love for Staten Island...

24/7 service on the North Shore should've been implemented as part of the redesign. But in this case, with the SIR still running (as far as I know), and most overnight routes running every 30 minutes (the exception being the S53 every 40 minutes), there isn't any additional need for overnight service.

Just now, checkmatechamp13 said:

24/7 service on the North Shore should've been implemented as part of the redesign. But in this case, with the SIR still running (as far as I know), and most overnight routes running every 30 minutes (the exception being the S53 every 40 minutes), there isn't any additional need for overnight service.

Some people have to come from the city just to work at Staten Island. At the very least there should of been added SIM3C or SIM33C service.

24 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Some people have to come from the city just to work at Staten Island. At the very least there should of been added SIM3C or SIM33C service.

Overcrowding conditions continue to be monitored on the SIM1C. As far as I know, they have been addressed, though there are still instances of crowded express buses here and there on Staten Island. The reality is the SIM1C will work for most, even those of the North Shore late at night. While not ideal, once off of the SIM1C, it is a 15-20 minute ride if you get picked up or get an Uber.

30 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yeah, we discussed the North Shore express bus situation in one of the meetings I had. They are doing as I said... Scaling back express bus service on the North Shore where possible and trying to push those people to the ferry. Meanwhile more people are heading down to Hylan Blvd for the SIM1C.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

So that all of the speculation can cease...

The Bronx: Bx1, Bx4, Bx9, Bx15, Bx19, Bx21, Bx24, Bx28, Bx39, Bx40, BxM1, BxM2, BxM4, BxM7 and BxM11.

Manhattan: M2, M3, M4, M7, M15, M20, M34SBS, M60SBS, M102 and M104.

Brooklyn: B1, B8, B11, B15, B25, B36, B38, B39, B44, B45, B46, B48, B61, B62, B63, B68, B82, BM2, BM3 and X28.

Queens: Q4, Q22, Q24, Q32, Q43, Q44SBS, Q46, Q53SBS, Q56, Q60, Q65, Q66, Q102, QM6, X68 and QM17.

20(ish) minute headways as a general rule for local and 30 for express buses, but here are some highlights I found on Trip planner:

Bx19,Bx21,M104=every 22.5 minutes

Bx39=Full route

M15=every 15 minutes

M34 and M34A=40 minutes each, 20 combined

M60,B15=every 15-20 minutes

X68=every 30 minutes, and buses run in both directions overnight.

I can't find anything about the MTA Bus side tho, and I didn't dive too deep into Queens and Brooklyn...

Just now, paulrivera said:

20(ish) minute headways as a general rule for local and 30 for express buses, but here are some highlights I found on Trip planner:

Bx39=Full route

M15=every 15 minutes

I can't find anything about the MTA Bus side tho, and I didn't dive too deep into Queens and Brooklyn...

That's about right. 30 minutes or better on the express side and 20 or better on the local side. 

3 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

So much for a night time network :lol:

At least they're utilizing some of the express buses...

Well, the routes that have notorious clout anyways.. Riverdale, Grand Concourse, Co-op City, Wakefield, Woodlawn, and Co-op City alone cover for about 95% of the vocal crowd in the Bronx whenever they want to cut runs

14 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Well, the routes that have notorious clout anyways.. Riverdale, Grand Concourse, Co-op City, Wakefield, Woodlawn, and Co-op City alone cover for about 95% of the vocal crowd in the Bronx whenever they want to cut runs

I personally wrote asking about all of the Bronx express buses yesterday, but we've had a number of missing BxM1 and BxM2 buses, with an hour or more of a gap waiting. Just now I waited. There was no 11:30 and no 12pm BxM2. Happened last Friday too. They aren't running a modified schedule, though they should for the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM11 and BxM18.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

56 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

I'm just glad they're not d*cking around with the routings themselves in this overnight plan & leaving them be....

It does add an interesting dynamic for the 3rd shifters though (of course, not all); I'd say that these are people that largely/solely commute by subway only during those times....

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

Bx39=Full route

M15=every 15 minutes

The Bx19, Bx21, and M104 run every 45 minutes during normal times, so they just inserted extra trips right in the middle of those times.

The B15 runs fairly frequently overnight already (I do know around the 3am hour it is running every 15 minutes). I don't think it is having too many extra trips added (if any). The M60 is not quite as frequent but being that it does serve LGA, it still runs more frequently than a typical route overnight (though I know around 2:30am there is a 1 hour gap)

42 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm just glad they're not d*cking around with the routings themselves in this overnight plan & leaving them be....

It does add an interesting dynamic for the 3rd shifters though (of course, not all); I'd say that these are people that largely/solely commute by subway only during those times....

I believe I read on Twitter that some bus routes might have some stop changes (assuming additional pickups in terms of the express bus routes). 

EDIT: 

They say interborough, but they don't specify whether it's local, limited, or express bus routes that will have stop additions, nor if those stops are along the regular route. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

It would be quite helpful if they ran the Q32 all night since it parallels the #7 along Roosevelt Ave. and Queens Blvd., and gives extra service over the Queensboro Bridge. although the Q60 already runs every 30 minutes overnight.

The Q32 was posted as being on the list...

27 minutes ago, JAzumah said:

What were you expecting?

This isn't about what I was expecting..... But to answer your question, for the routes to be left alone... Looks like I got what I expected.

Anyway, the comment I made was an inside reference.... As in, there were some people on here advocating for a night time bus network (before the crisis)...

26 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I believe I read on Twitter that some bus routes might have some stop changes (assuming additional pickups in terms of the express bus routes). 

EDIT: 

They say interborough, but they don't specify whether it's local, limited, or express bus routes that will have stop additions, nor if those stops are along the regular route. 

Maybe QJT might get his wish.... Open-door express buses.

Edited by B35 via Church