Overnight Essential Bus Service Plan

7 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

I won't dispute that one. The idea is to not orphan routes. Right now, buses over the Washington and University Heights Bridges are orphaned.

The Bx7 is mostly driver reliefs. The Bx9 also is mostly driver reliefs. If a Bx9 is doing a final trip, it will go from West Farms to the city line, and then down Broadway to 225 Street and drop out. Put-ins start at Broadway and 225.

Correct. Some of the Bx10 reliefs are by Kingsbridge and 231st, which is a very weird spot. You have all of the people that just boarded at 231st and Broadway PACKED on the bus from the subway, and then the bus has to sit and wait at the very next stop. Another reason I can't deal with that set up and take the express bus. Too much aggravation.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There's only two lines running from Manhattan to Brooklyn now overnight, and now they're curtailing the BM2 service too. Pathetic...

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYCTBus/status/1278930865561755649

With the B99 running, I'm not surprised. However, the B99 should be extended to Avenue U and Nostrand or to Kings Plaza.

5 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

With the B99 running, I'm not surprised. However, the B99 should be extended to Avenue U and Nostrand or to Kings Plaza.

The route doesn’t need an extension. It’s perfectly fine the way it is. The route already mirrors part of the B44 and B41 respectively. 

1 hour ago, aemoreira81 said:

The issue is needing someplace to turn around. The other option if extended to reach the routes the BM2 serves would be Avenue N (via O, Schenectady, and N) or Fillmore Avenue.

I call bullshit, especially when considering the daytime B11.

The service changes come up under 'DELAYS' now instead of 'SERVICE CHANGE'. Sounds concealing. In any case, it's interesting how the three Queens options to Midtown are all being affected tonight:

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:40AM

Bx15 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:39AM

Bx9 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:38AM

B11 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:38AM

B68 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:39AM

Q32 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:37AM

Q60 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/04/2020  3:37AM

QM17 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

BTW, the Q32 and Q60 info is wrong. The Q32 IIRC runs every 20 minutes or so. The Q60 operates every 15 minutes. Although a missing Q60 bus means less of a wait over the Q32, the Q60 is covering for the QBL and carries decently during the overnight hour, in order to comply with social distancing. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Ouch.... Why did they choose pink to represent the B99 on the overnight Brooklyn bus map (personally, I'd have chosen black, with the white dashes in-between the line to denote non-stop service).... Pink clashes badly with the B44 (which is orange).... Anyway:

16 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

....However, the B99 should be extended to Avenue U and Nostrand or to Kings Plaza.

11 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

The issue is needing someplace to turn around.....

1. The Brooklyn bound B99 terminates along Nostrand (b/w Flatbush & Av. H)....
  2. Left turn off Nostrand to Av. H, Left turn off Av. H to Flatbush av....
  3. The first Manhattan bound stop of the B99 is the same stop as the NB B41 stop along Flatbush......

What is so difficult or problematic about that turnaround scenario?

It sounds like you think the B99 ends at the current B41 or B103 SB stop along Flatbush (b/w Nostrand & Av. H).... That's not the case.

12 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

The other option if extended to reach the routes the BM2 serves would be Avenue N (via O, Schenectady, and N) or Fillmore Avenue.

I'm not understanding why it even has to be a replacement for the BM2... A route of sorts should've been concurrently considered with expanding the span of express bus service.....

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

....BTW, the Q32 and Q60 info is wrong. The Q32 IIRC runs every 20 minutes or so. The Q60 operates every 15 minutes. Although a missing Q60 bus means less of a wait over the Q32, the Q60 is covering for the QBL and carries decently during the overnight hour, in order to comply with social distancing. 

Where do you even find the schedules for the overnight service additions (to the local routes that underwent them) anyway?

36 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:
  1. The Brooklyn bound B99 terminates along Nostrand (b/w Flatbush & Av. H)....
  2. Left turn off Nostrand to Av. H, Left turn off Av. H to Flatbush av....
  3. The first Manhattan bound stop of the B99 is the same stop as the NB B41 stop along Flatbush......

What is so difficult or problematic about that turnaround scenario?

Hey, if the daytime B11 can do it, I don't see why the overnight B99 would have a problem.

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Where do you even find the schedules for the overnight service additions (to the local routes that underwent them) anyway?

The best you're gonna get is by using the wayback machine. The timetables exist, but they were taken off the website about a month or so ago. You used to be able to go into the respective borough list pages, and they had two timetable (the one with the "regular" schedule and the one with the overnight service added separate from the route list), but the timetable with the added overnight service disappear from there.  Also, the links no longer have a format where once could easily retrieve them (the link is based of some 4-5 digit numerical number), and there's no real consistency to what timetable is what document number.

Here's the archived page with the links to the Queens bus routes with overnight schedules. I only started archiving once I noticed that the overnight route list (and timetable links) were being taken down. If a link wasn't saved, it'll very likely show up if you copy and paste the link in another tab.

The best you're gonna get is by using the wayback machine. The timetables exist, but they were taken off the website about a month or so ago. You used to be able to go into the respective borough list pages, and they had two timetable (the one with the "regular" schedule and the one with the overnight service added separate from the route list), but the timetable with the added overnight service disappear from there.  Also, the links no longer have a format where once could easily retrieve them (the link is based of some 4-5 digit numerical number), and there's no real consistency to what timetable is what document number.

Here's the archived page with the links to the Queens bus routes with overnight schedules. I only started archiving once I noticed that the overnight route list (and timetable links) were being taken down. If a link wasn't saved, it'll very likely show up if you copy and paste the link in another tab.

So I did some snooping around with the schedules, and I noticed that the document links always ended in 1 or 6. That way, I started changing around the last 2 to 3 digits, and I was able to retrieve the timetables from Bronx and Queens express bus routes which were not able to be saved: 

Bronx Local:

Bx1Bx4Bx9Bx15Bx19Bx21Bx24Bx28, Bx39Bx40

Brooklyn Local:

B1B8B11B15B25B36B38B39B44, B45B48, B61B62, B63B68B82 

Express:

BM2, BxM4BxM7

Discontinued:

BM3, BxM1, BxM2, BxM11, X28

I've saved all of these links on the Wayback Machine just in case the documents are taken down for some reason. 

Alright, that's what I thought; they removed them.... Was hoping that they had them listed on some other obscure webpage w/i the site..... The new website is cleaner appearance-wise, but just like the old site, it's all over the place in terms of being organized....

Yeah, I know about the changing of the filename format for the bus schedules... With the old site, it was easier to retrieve the schedules without actually going on the MTA site itself (which was a blessing).... Pain in the ass filename numbering system now has no rhyme or reason to it, but it is what it is.....

2 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

So I did some snooping around with the schedules, and I noticed that the document links always ended in 1 or 6. That way, I started changing around the last 2 to 3 digits, and I was able to retrieve the timetables from Bronx and Queens express bus routes which were not able to be saved: 

Bx1Bx4Bx9Bx15Bx19Bx21Bx24Bx28, Bx39Bx40B1B8B11B15B25B36B38B39B44, B45B48, B61B62, B63B68B82BM2, BxM4BxM7

Discontinued:

BM3, BxM1, BxM2, BxM11, X28

I've saved all of these links on the Wayback Machine just in case the documents are taken down for some reason. 

Nah, you have to do any of this fam, but I appreciate it.

Edited by B35 via Church

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 07/05/2020  2:30AM

Q60 buses will start/end at 109th St/Sutphin Blvd because of road block by illegal fireworks on 157th St and 109th Ave. Buses will not be stopping at 108 Av/157 St and 157 St/109 Av.

3 hours ago, RtrainBlues said:

How can the average user find these special late night bus schedules on the web site?  The MTA web site is a complete mess.

The links are still active, but there's nothing on the MTA website which takes you to their links.

12 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@B35 via Church @BM5 via Woodhaven They are also available in Trip Planner.

You go to "Service in the Area", type in a landmark or address near the route you are interested in, and then click on the schedule for the direction you are interested in. 

Trip planner is how I found out the overnight B44 runs every 20 mins..... I just kept changing the "leave at" time in 15 min. intervals & noted the arrival times...

On 7/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, aemoreira81 said:

The whole point of the B99 is to run parallel along the 2 line to 59 Street

Edited by tvega961

Q22 is running with less than scheduled service tonight:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 07/06/2020 12:58AM

Q22 buses are scheduled to run approx every 20 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. Consider taking the Q35/QM17 or Q53-SBS.

Visit mta.info/overnight if you are an essential worker and need to travel.

@B35 via Church You use the "Service in the Area" feature: https://ibb.co/NpbkCDS

Once you've clicked on that, you type in a landmark (e.g. Queens Center Mall, Woodhaven Blvd subway station, or some address) and click "Search"

Then you click on the blue hyperlinked text for the route and direction you are interested in and you pull up the schedule.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, aemoreira81 said:

The B99 is the PERFECT night bus length. If people need to go further, they can transfer.

So this advisory is currently posted on the the MTA website....

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 07/10/2020 12:22AM

X68 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

Also posted to twitter:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several overnight trips are not expected to be running tonight. Queens-Manhattan service will be heavily disrupted as all three Midtown routes with enhanced service will be affected:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 07/10/2020 12:16AM

BX39 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

DELAYS  Posted: 07/10/2020 12:25AM

Q32 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/10/2020 12:21AM

Q60 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

DELAYS  Posted: 07/10/2020 12:18AM

QM17 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.