Overnight Essential Bus Service Plan

2 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

These games are getting unbearable. just a few mins ago, bus 3135 on the QM6 passes right by me, and a QM31 sees what happens, stops for me, and the BO says "that was bus 3135, call up on his ass, he is always doing this!" Even the BOs are getting sick of this!  And I see 3135 goes NIS after main street and goes onto the GCP. 

They inquired about your complaints and I told them about them, so hopefully they prioritize them. Keep filing the complaints, but take video of it too and screenshots of the buses on BusTime to send in as proof. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few updates regarding overnight express service:

-We requested earlier BxM9 service to address the overcrowding problem. Dispatcher came on the 6:15am bus this morning and promised a 5:45am bus would start up next week (passenger on the bus told me Tuesday)

-Some express bus lines are now requiring passengers to have ID in order to board to combat the growing homeless problem, as they are trying to ride back and forth just as they do on the subway. I have accounts of at least 35 passengers on one express line the other night. The smell was horrible and many of them had no mask either. In addition to the ID, police are stationed on some lines as well to mitigate the problem.

-I have some folks that are riding overnight checking things out and giving me updates. Some QM6 trips have not been stopping along Queens Blvd despite what the maps say. One driver was held by dispatch but did not open the door or pick up anyone, so in case anyone tries to get it along Queens Blvd, it would be best to get at Main Street and Union Turnpike.

@BM5 via Woodhaven I just got off of a call regarding some questions/issues I had. If the BxM7 stop situation isn't fixed, I'll reach out about it again, but give them a few days to fix it. All BxM7 buses are stopping along the Bruckner making BxM8 stops, and staying on the Bruckner to Co-Op City.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

3 minutes ago, Fresh Pond said:

No you read that right lol. Wasn't the first time they did it either

Yeah. I know a lot of Yonkers drivers in my advocacy group. I speak to a few of them regularly. They are very short on drivers as it is. A lot of them are sick and at home in quarantine, some for several weeks at a time. It's not a big depot. There are so many missing trips during the day and they have been open for days. Some guys are doing overtime overnight, but not everyone wants to.

22 minutes ago, Fresh Pond said:

No you read that right lol. Wasn't the first time they did it either

Interesting. Seeing NG's, LFS' and XD40's on that route. What do they do? Put in some over ride code for the destination sign?

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They inquired about your complaints and I told them about them, so hopefully they prioritize them. Keep filing the complaints, but take video of it too and screenshots of the buses on BusTime to send in as proof. 

Thank you!! I will keep doing all of that! 

16 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

From what Ik Quill is filling in for Yonkers and Eastchester for the overnight express trips.

And yesterday  FP was filling in for ENY but that was aroun 1-3pm at night.

AM. PM, you see sunlight and clouds. 

45 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

From what Ik Quill is filling in for Yonkers and Eastchester for the overnight express trips.

Quill and 100th Street were filling in for Yonkers, Eastchester held down the BxM7 on their own.

38 minutes ago, Calvin said:

AM. PM, you see sunlight and clouds. 

Yea Ik I was typing fast on that part.

54 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

And yesterday  FP was filling in for ENY but that was aroun 1-3 at night.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

11 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Is it just me, or did the Bx7 just disappear from both the Manhattan and Bronx maps?

Yeah, they revised it. Looks like they expect that people will be covered by the BxM1 in Inwood, but the problem is that people along Broadway further south cannot easily get to Fort Washington or Saint Nicholas Ave because both areas are hilly. If they're not gonna run the Bx7, at the very least have the M100 run. They're really expecting people to take the Bx12 into the Bronx and make transfers there. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

14 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Damn, how early in the morning was this & how late were you?

I don't blame you for vocally projecting your anger, but I wouldn't have risked sticking my hand between the back doors of a bus.... F*** that.

Around 5:15AM. Luckily I caught that bus otherwise I would of been late.

I didn't actually slide my hand in the door, more like it was one of those modified lfsas where the back closes almost instantly instead of slowly and I literally just got my hand to the handle.

10 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

In my opinion, all of the overnight express trips should be on articulated buses (with Spring Creek now TWU, Flatbush could cover the X28 and BM1/2/4). The cap of 40 mph is not really relevant at that hour.

What is odd though is: how do the homeless know about the bus bridges?

I wonder why they kept the X68 and the QM6 running, they seem to serve relatively the same area and those are walkable distances. I feel they should keep the QM2/20 running late nights, either one but not both (preferably the 20 since it serves Mitchell Linden proper). Looking at the Remix map definitely shows you the gaps in the system.

21 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Yeah, Fresh Pond was operating the Q24 and Q56 last night.

20 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Quill and 100th Street were filling in for Yonkers, Eastchester held down the BxM7 on their own.

As of last night, Yonkers held it down too. Seen #3086, #3073 and others. They were out.

13 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

I wonder why they kept the X68 and the QM6 running, they seem to serve relatively the same area and those are walkable distances. I feel they should keep the QM2/20 running late nights, either one but not both (preferably the 20 since it serves Mitchell Linden proper). Looking at the Remix map definitely shows you the gaps in the system.

While the QM6 and X68 appear close to each other at some points along their respective routes (like at Springfield Blvd and then at Winchester Blvd), it seems the MTA might've had different service areas and/or patrons in mind. Here's how I see it:

The QM6 is being run overnight to serve (in part) the following:

1 - LIJ Hosp on Lakeville Road

2 - Creedmoor near Union Tpke

3 - Queens Hosp Center on 164th St

4 - FDNY EMS Station 50 near Parsons Blvd (an EMT talked to the NY Post about the overload they've experienced due to COVID-19)

5 - NY Presbyterian Hosp / Queens (NYP/Q) at Main St and Booth Mem. Ave. (via a Q44-SBS transfer)

6 - All QM-18 / Queens Blvd Subway stops (including 67th Ave near LIJ - Forest Hills Hosp)

7 - NYU Langone (in normal times I've seen quite a few nurses in dark green uniforms use the Union Tpke QM's to get to work; they all seem to depart at 34th and 3rd)

(As a side note, I'm kind of surprised the QM6 is actually going onto the NST property in the middle of the night . . . at least that's what I thought BusTime showed. I'm sure the NST security are keeping an extra eye on the buses during these hours.)

The X68 appears to be serving (in part) the following:

1 - Folks who would normally use the F Train along Hillside Ave, or for that matter those who would walk north from the E Train stations seeking transit service into Manhattan

2 - Creedmoor near Hillside Ave

3 - Bellvue Hosp or the VA Hosp near 23rd St.

4 - Some first responders who live just across the boarder in Nassau County in the New Hyde Park area (though this can be said of the QM6, too)

I agree that the QM2 should ideally have overnight service as follows (in addition to the QM6 and X68 overnight services):

1 - The QM2 should run via Mitchell-Linden as it does on weekends and holidays (no need to have the QM20 if the QM2 is serving Mitchell-Linden)

2 - The QM2 should then make a provisional stop at Linden Place and 31st Road instead of the normal stop at Linden Pl and the Whitestone Expressway.

3 - The QM2 should then make a provisional stop on Northern Blvd at Main St so as to serve those who would normally use the 7 Train ( I believe this used to be a QM3 stop back in the QSC days).

Ideally all of the overnight service is supposed to be provisional until things get back to normal. The point when things return to normal is anyones guess.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

I agree that the QM2 should ideally have overnight service as follows (in addition to the QM6 and X68 overnight services):

1 - The QM2 should run via Mitchell-Linden as it does on weekends and holidays (no need to have the QM20 if the QM2 is serving Mitchell-Linden)

2 - The QM2 should then make a provisional stop at Linden Place and 31st Road instead of the normal stop at Linden Pl and the Whitestone Expressway.

3 - The QM2 should then make a provisional stop on Northern Blvd at Main St so as to serve those who would normally use the 7 Train ( I believe this used to be a QM3 stop back in the QSC days).

Ideally all of the overnight service is supposed to be provisional until things get back to normal. The point when things return to normal is anyones guess.

I think it should make additional stops along Northern Blvd heading east and reaching the highway it should parallel the Q66/QM3 to Main Street and then make a stop there, and then follow the Q34 routing to Whitestone and continuing on till Bay Terrace making all stops. No point in having it skip Flushing completely especially with so many transfers there.