Overnight Essential Bus Service Plan

The MTA should've gotten Railroad and Subway Conductors to handle the Twitter Feed. Their in house data people seem to be using the speech I usually see recommended at every place I worked in the city. The general idea seems to be "Don't Say No!", always use gender neutral pronouns, and avoid coming off as judgmental or rude. The thing is these guidelines are aimed at helping tourists navigate the city's subway during the season. There's also a push to not hurt their feelings as New York has a reputation from people out of state for being rude or anti-social. I am saying this as a person already trained as to avoid Southern Vernacular. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BM3 service will not be running during overnight hours again tonight:

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/08/2020  7:29PM

BM3 bus service will not run during overnight hours (1AM-5AM) as we work to provide as much service as we can with the crews available to us. For travel alternatives, see mta.info. 

BM3 service is not running again tonight, for the third consecutive night. Also the Q22 will run less frequent than scheduled.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/10/2020 12:03AM

BM3 bus service will not run during overnight hours (1AM-5AM) as we work to provide as much service as we can with the crews available. For travel alternatives, see mta.info

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/10/2020 12:51AM

The 1:00 AM eastbound X68 bus will not run. Visit mta.info/overnight if you are an essential worker and need to travel.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/10/2020 12:55AM

Q22 buses are scheduled to run approx every 20 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. Consider taking the Q35/QM17 or Q53-SBS.

Visit mta.info/overnight if you are an essential worker and need to travel. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

In terms of overnight service changes, the BM3 remains cancelled tonight. I guess at this point I should make a notice of when the BM3 will run during the overnight hours:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/10/2020  8:44PM

BM3 bus service is suspended between 1 AM until 5 AM as we work to provide as much service with the crews available to us.

For travel alternatives, see mta.info

I'll update if anything else comes up.

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

In terms of overnight service changes, the BM3 remains cancelled tonight. I guess at this point I should make a notice of when the BM3 will run during the overnight hours:

The BM3 will not operate tonight due to operator availability. Please take the BM2 and B44, making an additional stop at North Elizabeth.

Lots of bus routes are operating less frequent than scheduled tonight, primarily the Bronx expresses. They might have wanted to list the BxM1 too but listed the BxM11 twice, or the BxM1 is not a part of this and they listed the BxM11 twice. IDK for sure, but I'm guessing it's the former.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:19AM

B62 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

Visit mta.info/overnight if you are an essential employee and need to travel. 

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:17AM

BxM7 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:15AM

BxM4 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:13AM

BxM11 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:13AM

BxM11 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020  1:10AM

BxM2 buses are scheduled to run approx every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently.\

Tonight's service changes:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020 10:04PM

BM3 bus service is suspended between 1 AM until 5 AM as we work to provide as much service with the crews available to us.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/12/2020  1:48AM

Bx9 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/12/2020  1:44AM

Bx15 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Tonight's service changes:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/11/2020 10:04PM

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/12/2020  1:48AM

Bx9 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/12/2020  1:44AM

Bx15 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

Thats the 3rd night in a row that the BM3 has been suspended overnight.

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Thats the 3rd night in a row that the BM3 has been suspended overnight.

Once again. Driver availability. Not all drivers want to work the overnight shifts. There was a post from some one stating that Flatbush and or Quill should take over the BM3 overnights. There’s no need for Flatbush or Quill to take over the BM3 from Spring Creek overnight. 

Look, the service is needed. However, if people are not boarding these buses overnight why have them out. The BM2’s are doing fairly well during the overnight hours. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:03 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Once again. Driver availability. Not all drivers want to work the overnight shifts. There was a post from some one stating that Flatbush and or Quill should take over the BM3 overnights. There’s no need for Flatbush or Quill to take over the BM3 from Spring Creek overnight. 

Look, the service is needed. However, if people are not boarding these buses overnight why have them out. The BM2’s are doing fairly well during the overnight hours. 

I'm sorry, but it was the (MTA) that came up with these unrealistic schedules.  It's not like they didn't know that the service would be based off of how many drivers were available.  This is another example of poor planning.  I've attempted to take a few of these express buses overnight, and the service has been horrendous. In one instance, the run sheet was wrong, leading to me having to wait 40 minutes for a bus. Another time I had to wait almost 40 minutes again because there was a bus missing. The MTA tweeted that the driver was a bit late.  The bus showed up when the next bus was due, so he wasn't late. There was no bus and they lied. No reason for a bus to be 30+ minutes late at that hour, and if it was late, then two buses would've come instead of one. 

The communication has been poor going back for weeks and the service has been very spotty, so anyone that truly needed the service would be SOL. In some cases, the waits have been so long that people have opted for Ubers or Lyfts. Can't really blame them.  The schedules created were unrealistic from the start, and the communication has been poor.  If they couldn't run BM3 service, they had the option not to from the start.

So far, only a detour notice:

DETOURS  Posted: 06/14/2020  9:55PM

SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM33C, and X28 buses are detoured onto Seventh Ave from 57th St to 50th St before returning to its regular routes on Fifth Ave because of protests on Fifth Ave and 57th St.

The BM3 remains suspended. I think today marks a full week of no overnight service.

NO SCHEDULED SERVICE BM3 bus service is suspended between 1 AM until 5 AM as we work to provide as much service with the crews available to us.

Today's service changes. Includes the BM3 again (we are now at day 9).

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/16/2020  1:15AM

BxM11 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/16/2020  1:17AM

NO SCHEDULED SERVICE

UPDATE:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/16/2020  1:19AM

BM2 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/16/2020  1:21AM

QM17 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

Why don't they do a pick that includes the overnight bus service? Or are they intent on bringing back overnight subway service sooner than later?...

On 6/11/2020 at 1:19 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

Not sure what you mean by North Elizabeth

(NJT) duck.gif

Edited by paulrivera

2 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Why don't they do a pick that includes the overnight bus service? Or are they intent on bringing back overnight subway service sooner than later?...

(NJT) duck.gif

the reason why they didn't do a pick to basically make the overnight service a temporary fixture is the same reason why they fail to increase service in general before covid-19... they have no desire to. their desire is to reallocate service that is currently being provided, meaning... like the Seinfeld episode about re-gifting? yeah... THAT is their philosophy. there's no urgency to provide this overnight service, aside from the fact that the workforce isn't fully 100% yet (which baffles me as to why people think that it is... as a country, we're not even close to being out of the woods, so to speak)

someone asked why other Local 100 yards can't cover SC  overtime runs the same way they've done for Yonkers... to my knowledge (and if I'm incorrect, i appreciate any legit corrections) SC has stipulations in their contract that their work/overtime cannot be outsourced... meaning, the same way only ATU726/1056/1179 can only cover their own work is the same rule that applies to Spring Creek, even with the flip from ATU1181 to TWU. So, basically, for 9 days, they've offered overtime in-house and no one's biting. I'm honestly not surprised. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

Tonight's changes:

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/17/2020 12:21AM

B38 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

NO SCHEDULED SERVICE

16 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Tonight's changes:

NO SCHEDULED SERVICE

I wish my 3rd grade teacher was absent as much times as the BM3's been during this overnight service expansion.... I understand the situation with the lack of available personnel, but it's still ridiculous to continue to advertise/list it as part of the expanded overnight network (or w/e you wanna call it).....

10 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

How come the (MTA) is so quick to cut the BM3 all the time?

The question I have is, why are they continuing to perpetually parrot that overnight service is completely suspended....

Today doesn't have too many service changes (similar to last night). The BM3 is once again not running tonight. The overnight BM3 is the new weekend (G) to Forest Hills.

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 06/18/2020  1:13AM

BxM4 buses are scheduled to run approximately every 30 minutes from 1am to 5am while the subway is closed for cleaning, but tonight, they will run less frequently. 

NO SCHEDULED SERVICE

Posted at 06/19/20 7:05 PM 

BM3 bus service is canceled for the remainder of the evening and through the overnight as we work to provide as much service with the crews available to us.

Now they’re cutting evening service too, don’t advertise a service that is nonexistent.