Hudson Rail Link Question

Jova42R

Just now, Jova42R said:

Hi all!

Quick question - which buses does the Hudson Rail Link use?

How many of them? and what are the fleet numbers?

Any insight? @Via Garibaldi 8 as you use the service, do you know?

Thanks

@Jova42R

The buses are Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX buses. I don't know how many of them are uses for the Hudson Raillink, but they only run at two stations: The Riverdale station and the Spuyten Duyvil Metro-North stations, both located in Riverdale. They operate weekdays only. They at one point were parked in a garage just off of the Major Deegan. Not sure if that's the case now. The drivers and the service are both contracted out by the (MTA) . Each station has one route that runs most of the day. Route L for Spuyten Duyvil and Route C for Riverdale. During rush hour there are several lines that run to link up with specific trains. Right now during the pandemic, I believe only the main lines are running to link with each train.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The buses are Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX buses. I don't know how many of them are uses for the Hudson Raillink, but they only run at two stations: The Riverdale station and the Spuyten Duyvil Metro-North stations, both located in Riverdale. They operate weekdays only. They at one point were parked in a garage just off of the Major Deegan. Not sure if that's the case now. The drivers and the service are both contracted out by the (MTA) . Each station has one route that runs most of the day. Route L for Spuyten Duyvil and Route C for Riverdale. During rush hour there are several lines that run to link up with specific trains. Right now during the pandemic, I believe only the main lines are running to link with each train.

Thanks! DO you know if they are 20' or 25' long buses?

Just now, Jova42R said:

Thanks! DO you know if they are 20' or 25' long buses?

Not sure, but definitely small.  They do have decent AC most of the time except for really hot days:

metro-north-hudson-rail-link-saf-t-liner

This is one along Kappock Street in Spuyten Duyvil (Riverdale). 

Hudson Raillink schedules: http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/raillink/raillinkpage.htm

I've been requesting larger buses for years, but Metro-North says that our streets in Riverdale are too narrow for larger ones. We also have some residents that want eco-friendly buses that are quieter, which I would prefer as well.

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Not sure, but definitely small.  They do have decent AC most of the time except for really hot days:

metro-north-hudson-rail-link-saf-t-liner

This is one along Kappock Street in Spuyten Duyvil (Riverdale). 

Hudson Raillink schedules: http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/raillink/raillinkpage.htm

I've been requesting larger buses for years, but Metro-North says that our streets in Riverdale are too narrow for larger ones. We also have some residents that want eco-friendly buses that are quieter, which I would prefer as well.

Ok. Those look like 25-fters. I've been to Riverdale (and have friends who live there), and I think that 35-fters could work. And then you could run electric buses (Proterra BE35s)