Car Enthusiasts, What Cars You Love ?

Xcelsior Man

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Does there really need to be a 21 second intro just to show a 4 second clip??

I should do that no matter the duration, for anyone who has an automatic direction to my channel as their new stage would be risen to know how famous my channel can grow into. 

Y'all gotta be careful filming people personal cars like it's an transit vehicle. Some people might not be too happy about that. I could see if y'all was filming high end sports cars as I'm sure the ppl who drive those are used to the attention, ppl driving ordinary cars, not so much.

Anyway my favorite cars..

2019-acura-tlx_100651363_h.jpg

2017_honda_accord-pic-854012825054771300

I understand. This is why in vids and thumbnails I edit the license plates off, including the faces of the drivers or passengers. Going outside, I am very discreet with my phone to not expose my suspicious activity. 

P.S. 

I am replying to trainfan22. And for others who were about to say the same thing.

Edited by Xcelsior Man

On 6/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, Xcelsior Man said:

I understand. This is why in vids and thumbnails I edit the license plates off, including the faces of the drivers or passengers. Going outside, I am very discreet with my phone to not expose my suspicious activity. 

P.S. 

I am replying to trainfan22. And for others who were about to say the same thing.

Regardless, editing won't save you if you get confronted in person, that's gonna be a whole different story. Recording transit vehicles is one thing, as there are rules that actually permit it, directly recording people driving their own cars is a very gray area you might not want to venture to.....

9 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Regardless, editing won't save you if you get confronted in person, that's gonna be a whole different story. Recording transit vehicles is one thing, as there are rules that actually permit it, directly recording people driving their own cars is a very gray area you might not want to venture to.....

Yeah, folks value their privacy. People do not want to be filmed while driving, myself included.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, FamousNYLover said:

69161634_10216663531073677_879970272317669002806_10216663534513763_2817857639801

67179570_10216470279122499_988843136740444475024_10214571480973732_1316998493788

Seriously now....

On 6/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, Xcelsior Man said:

P.S. 

Just don't do it altogether, especially uploading these *findings* onto youtube... As a car owner, this isn't "car enthusiasm" what you're engaging in here.... While you may have harmless intentions, if you're caught filming people's shit (especially depending where you're at), you're not going to like the consequences - and I'm not talking about anything involving police either...

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, folks value their privacy. People do not want to be filmed while driving, myself included.

It can be construed as stalking (the driver); I'm not so sure this guy understands that..... There isn't any congruence or interchangeability with filming a public bus/train & filming someone's personal vehicle.....

On 6/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, Missabassie said:

Do. Not. Get. Me. Started.

You'll bring out the supercar fanatic in me.

Would you, in your supercar fanaticism, have you furtively filming vehicles of private citizens, like this dude is doing though?

Edited by B35 via Church

OP going out of his way to film private citizens driving their cars at close range will most definitely come across as creepy, and will likely get him jumped by them, especially if he ends up recording some gangbanger's pimpmobile or something...

Edited by R10 2952
n/a

I'd also like to point out one thing, not in a bashing type of way, but some constructive criticism. Take it however you want.

Unless you've driven every single car (or that cybertruck lol) that you're reviewing, you're going to leave out a whole lot of information about the vehicles in question. Actual car reviews involve people checking out the cars from head to toe and actually driving them to gauge performance, ride quality, ect. Your style of reviews is basically looking at it from an outsiders POV without physically checking out the cars on your own, which will end up being very misleading(which honestly isn't new from your other bus "reviews"). 

You can do something better in that regard, reviews are something I don't think you should do especially if you do not have any experience with those vehicles. I get that you're trying to look for ways to make your channel grow, but reviews ain't it, chief.

Edited by Cait Sith
typos.

5 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

I'd also like to point out one thing, not in a bashing type of way, but some constructive criticism. Take it however you want.

Unless you've driven every single car (or that cybertruck lol) that you're reviewing, you're going to leave out a whole lot of information about the vehicles in question. Actual car reviews involve people checking out the cars from head to toe and actually driving them to gauge performance, ride quality, ect. Your style of reviews is basically looking at it from an outsiders POV without physically checking out the cars on your own, which will end up being very misleading(which honestly isn't new from your other bus "reviews"). 

You can do something better in that regard, reviews are something I don't think you should do especially if you do not have any experience with those vehicles. I get that you're trying to look for ways to make your channel grow, but reviews ain't it, chief.

Okay, anything you say to me doesn't hurt like you may have though before. Speaking of "driving", I am getting my driver's permit sooner. And style of reviewing happens from riding the cars, and it matches what other car critic says(may heard some riding details in my video). Once I get a Toyota by 2021(age 18), I will show a walkthrough of the car and the performance test of my car. Even my dad's car, and the car collection of my Uncle's house(owned by my cousins', and my uncle & aunt). 

25 minutes ago, Xcelsior Man said:

Okay, anything you say to me doesn't hurt like you may have though before. Speaking of "driving", I am getting my driver's permit sooner. And style of reviewing happens from riding the cars, and it matches what other car critic says(may heard some riding details in my video). Once I get a Toyota by 2021(age 18), I will show a walkthrough of the car and the performance test of my car. Even my dad's car, and the car collection of my Uncle's house(owned by my cousins', and my uncle & aunt). 

Passenger POVs mean very little to actual car buyers, who are buying cars for the same reasons I stated(along with fuel economy and such). There's a reason why big time car reviewers don't really focus on passenger POV with the exception of legroom in the rear seats and seat features. Trying to match what other critics are saying is nothing more than parroting their statements because very rarely do big time car reviewers match what other big time car reviewers say. Scotty Kilmer, Doug DeMaro & Regular Car Reviews all have different perspectives and I'm subscribed to all three. You should NOT try to match what anyone else is saying.....

This explains it all.

Now, with walkthrough videos, I can definitely support that. Walkthrough videos are always, ALWAYS different from everyone who does them, and gives a newer, different perspective.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

I get that you're trying to look for ways to make your channel grow......

It's painfully obvious.... And being quite honest, he's being rather lazy & sloppy with his transition (for reasons you've already mentioned in the post above)....

Dude can do whatever he wants with his channel, but plugging it on the low like this, won't win him much points.... Get whatever scraps you can, I guess.

People that try to transition a singular YT channel more often than not, fail.... You end up alienating your original subs & having any possible future subs question your actual motives.... In this particular case, as if to say, is this dude an actual car enthusiast or not... I think we've been quite tame, compared to the lambasting he'd get on a lot of those auto-based forums.... You know back in the day, people used to dub transit enthusiasts as lame ass nerds - well go on some of those car forums & you'll see some of nastiest, crankiest bunch of f***s on the planet....

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Passenger POVs mean very little to actual car buyers, who are buying cars for the same reasons I stated(along with fuel economy and such). There's a reason why big time car reviewers don't really focus on passenger POV with the exception of legroom in the rear seats and seat features. Trying to match what other critics are saying is nothing more than parroting their statements because very rarely do big time car reviewers match what other big time car reviewers say. Scotty Kilmer, Doug DeMaro & Regular Car Reviews all have different perspectives and I'm subscribed to all three. You should NOT try to match what anyone else is saying.....

This explains it all.

Now, with walkthrough videos, I can definitely support that. Walkthrough videos are always, ALWAYS different from everyone who does them, and gives a newer, different perspective.

Saying this another way, car enthusiasts try to make viewers/readers of their content "become one" with a vehicle (of the ones they're leaving positive reviews for anyway).... Their enthusiasm is a different beast....

On 6/22/2020 at 8:53 PM, B35 via Church said:

Would you, in your supercar fanaticism, have you furtively filming vehicles of private citizens, like this dude is doing though?

Me? Absolutely not. I leave that to the carspotters.

I'll just leave these here.....

• 3 weeks later...