Toy bus Overhaul

I am overhauling my Toy Flxible metro E bus. I want to get rid of the old SEPTA scheme that was on the bus and paint this bus all white with possibly a black window trim. I also want to get ride of the silver paint on the wheels and leave it black. Since this is my first Toy bus overhaul, can I get tips from everybody. IF and only IF this overhaul project goes well I will overhaul a GM New look I have.

I am overhauling my Toy Flxible metro E bus. I want to get rid of the old SEPTA scheme that was on the bus and paint this bus all white with possibly a black window trim. I also want to get ride of the silver paint on the wheels and leave it black. Since this is my first Toy bus overhaul, can I get tips from everybody. IF and only IF this overhaul project goes well I will overhaul a GM New look I have.

You're talking about this one right?

itembus.jpg

spray paint WILL work for those my boy has about 1,000 of those exact Flxible models he has re-Done them into Diffrent colors (Decals are a pain with those) he did one for me I'll post a pic later but spray paint WILL work you gotta let it air dry though.

Where exactly in Philly can i get those Flx's? Thanx to Toys R Us not carrying them no more I cant find 'em, and I dont order online... yet, no credit/ATM card.

The (SEPTA) Store at 1234 Market might have some.

Hate to burst your bubble but those Flx's aren't made anymore.

Now you got to get either a plastic NABI CNG 40-LFW or a RTS made from Royal Coach buses. You can get those at the Septa Transit store.

I just remembered My NABI cng plastic bus will be a year old in November. Got to full wrap it.

I just remembered My NABI cng plastic bus will be a year old in November. Got to full wrap it.

Full Wrap? WTF?

Don't know. Maybe they still have some in stock. But these types of buses ceased production 10-odd years ago.

They still have tons of them. I was there wednesday and also yesterday and they still have good number. Perhaps Road Champs produces them but only at a company's request and at a large volume.

They still have tons of them. I was there wednesday and also yesterday and they still have good number. Perhaps Road Champs produces them but only at a company's request and at a large volume.

Perhaps... not really a bad idea, although I'd like to get my hands on a new (MTA) one if they would make them again... mine is in really bad shape.

Perhaps... not really a bad idea, although I'd like to get my hands on a new (MTA) one if they would make them again... mine is in really bad shape.

I highly doubt you'll see a new MTA Flxible any time soon. It was mentioned elsewhere that some higher-up isn't too fond of the Flxibles and doesn't even want the 236 out of the garage.

Well... that's just being bus-ist lolz...

But seriously, it's not fair to us busfans, that we don't get to see the only Grumman 870 the NYCTA has...

SEPTA stored 2 Flixible/GM's in Germantown Depot, problem is the newest one we have in the 70's so we don't never had the 370's, 870's, Metro-B's and Metro-C's.

Archived