Potential Private Express Bus Carriers

@Via Garibaldi 8 @LaGuardia Link N Tra I think that ideally, the buses should be as clean-energy as possible. This leaves the following options:

• FULLY ELECTRIC (IDEAL OPTION)
    • BYD C9M (40 ft long)
    • BYD C10M (45 ft long)
    • BYD C10MS (45 ft long, double decker)
    • MCI J4500e (45 ft long)
    • Nova LFSe+ Suburban (40 ft long LOW FLOOR)
  • DIESEL-ELECTRIC HYBRID (SECOND CHOICE OPTION)
    • MCI D4500CTH (45 ft long)
    • Nova LFS HEV Suburban (40 ft long LOW FLOOR)
  • CNG (THIRD CHOICE OPTION)
    • MCI D4500CT CNG (45 ft long)
    • MCI D4000CT CNG (40 ft long)
    • Nova LFS CNG Suburban (40 ft long LOW FLOOR)

I'll post some routes that these lines should run on soon.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:48 PM, Jova42R said:

@Via Garibaldi 8 @LaGuardia Link N Tra I think that ideally, the buses should be as clean-energy as possible. This leaves the following options:

• BYD C9M (40 ft long)
    • BYD C10M (45 ft long)

Don't bank on it. I've discussed the plan with the potential operator. From a cost standpoint it's easier to have existing carriers use their equipment.  Less overhead and liability. 

14 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Don't bank on it. I've discussed the plan with the potential operator. From a cost standpoint it's easier to have existing carriers use their equipment.  Less overhead and liability. 

Meaning they would borrow MTA equipment?

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I believe that Fedex uses USPS for the last mile in some parts of the country, so it's ironic but not unheard of. 

I don't wanna bore anyone with the specifics of this, but the relation that USPS has with Fedex is collaborative..... See, Fedex pays USPS to help deliver (Fedex ground) packages, and USPS pays FedEx to transport USPS priority mail/priority mail express (which are both air services) packages between airports....

What you're not going to see though, is a Fedex driver driving a USPS truck (unless he/she wants to do "Fed" time) :lol:

Edited by B35 via Church

• BYD C9M (40 ft long)
    • BYD C10M (45 ft long)

I'm pretty sure buying brand new buses like the one listed in your post would make things MUCH more expensive. I'm too lazy look it up the prices of current day brand new buses but the OG Orion hybrids costed somewhere around 500,000 per bus.

• BYD C9M (40 ft long)
    • BYD C10M (45 ft long)

I doubt that any private company, especially this one which seems to be a startup, could afford those types of buses. And even if they could, I just don't see them doing it, because anything other than a diesel is more expensive to operate than a diesel. 

13 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I'm pretty sure buying brand new buses like the one listed in your post would make things MUCH more expensive. I'm too lazy look it up the prices of current day brand new buses but the OG Orion hybrids costed somewhere around 500,000 per bus.

12 hours ago, RapidoNewLook said:

I doubt that any private company, especially this one which seems to be a startup, could afford those types of buses. And even if they could, I just don't see them doing it, because anything other than a diesel is more expensive to operate than a diesel. 

Yeah, ole boy is simply being fanatical & not being realistic with that....

It's like an entrepreneur having lofty expectations of starting up a business with establishments in multiple locations in the busiest parts of the city or something...... Money costs money.

19 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

A private operator using a competitor's resources? Now that's pretty funny.

I know lol. I was just wondering what company's buses they would use, and the MTA was the only company that I know of.

18 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No. Contractual agreements are being considered for some of the private carriers. 

With which company?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:
14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

13 hours ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Yeah, ole boy is simply being fanatical & not being realistic with that....

It's like an entrepreneur having lofty expectations of starting up a business with establishments in multiple locations in the busiest parts of the city or something...... Money costs money.

I know that these buses are more expensive, but we need to save the earth. I recently watched a documentary that showed how the world will be a dead place soon if we don't switch to the greenest of green energy.

diesel is dying. electric buses are the future, and we need to embrace them.

Edited by Jova42R

2 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

I know that these buses are more expensive, but we need to save the earth. I recently watched a documentary that showed how the world will be a dead place soon if we don't switch to the greenest of green energy.

Where did I specifically advocate for diesel (or any other) bus though?

My commentary here thus far, was purely from the vantage point of that of costs..... So spare me the captain planet & the planeteers spiel.

8 hours ago, Jova42R said:

I know lol. I was just wondering what company's buses they would use, and the MTA was the only company that I know of.

With which company?

The (MTA) is a public agency, not a private company. Big difference. The idea would be to use various private carriers that already run bus service or commuter service.

8 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The (MTA) is a public agency, not a private company. Big difference. The idea would be to use various private carriers that already run bus service or commuter service.

His prodding you is to get you to reveal which private carriers' resources this private operator would use, as if everything's set in stone.....

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

His prodding you is to get you to reveal which private carriers' resources this private operator would use, as if everything's set in stone.....

Basically. And he's had a bad habit of doing that on here.

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I know, which I'm not doing. We discussed some possible vendors, but I'm not going into that. I'm letting them do their thing. If and when they are ready, they'll let me know. With the pandemic, this is a very risky time to start anything. As I said before, not my company and not my money on the line.