Subway to return for (almost) full service for Phase 1 reopening!

1 hour ago, I love NY said:

Sourse?

From a press release HQ released today as part of their "Letter to NYC" on what they're doing for Phase 1: http://www.mta.info/press-release/mta-headquarters/mta-issues-letter-new-york-city-phase-1-reopening

I agree it's not full service unless it's 24/7.  It should say full daytime service otherwise.  The NY Post article says no overnight service, while the Secret NYC article says 24/7 service returns.  If it does not return in Phase 1, then my opinion is it must be included in one of the later phases, and that decision must be made now and publicly announced.

After the last few days of upheaval in the city it would premature and rather presumptive to make any definitive decision about full subway service. The virus is still with us, who knows how many have been newly exposed during the unrest, and the equipment still must be sanitized overnight. I think safety is the number 1 priority going forward. Just my opinion. Carry on.

I believe the only thing set in stone is that full service returns when NYC reaches Phase 1.  As people return to work, public transit must be fully operational and safe.  I assume this means the (B)(W)(Z)<F><6><7> all return.  It should also mean that 24/7 service returns.  If not, then it's not full service.  While Cuomo's plan is to reopen on June 8th, it might not happen if the city doesn't meet the metrics for it.  So far, he has not made any reopening decision that wasn't based on facts and data.

1 hour ago, Trainmaster5 said:

After the last few days of upheaval in the city it would premature and rather presumptive to make any definitive decision about full subway service. The virus is still with us, who knows how many have been newly exposed during the unrest, and the equipment still must be sanitized overnight. I think safety is the number 1 priority going forward. Just my opinion. Carry on.

And on top of it, there's still a good amount of crews unavailable.

28 minutes ago, avasquez1985 said:

What about Rockaway Park A 

It did say full service would return, however if the R179's don't return to service by Monday and the R32/42 aren't brought back into service, the Rockaway Park (A) and (Z) trips most likely will not run.

2 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Two cars had a link bar break, splitting the consist apart during a run on the (A) route at Chambers Street.

Considering all the problems with these cars, it's devolved into a farce honestly.  Someone should creating a "Shocking Interview with Bombardier Inspector" vid...

tenor.gif

Edited by R10 2952