Someone's been harassing people here...

Deucey

Someone didn't heed this "advice" here in the fleet swap thread, and got himself a 30-day for harassing someone in a private chat.

I spend a good amount of time on Twitter and in Facebook groups arguing with trolls and racists, so I understand the emotions behind an argument via pixels. I'm not gonna be like "YOU'RE SERIOUSLY HARASSING PEOPLE OVER TRAINS AND BUSES", but be your best selves here. 

Everyone here - unless an employee with memos and contracts, an advocate meeting with decision-makers, or other first-hand knowledge, is mostly speculating and opining. Speculation and Opinions can and will end up being wrong. It happens.

If being found to be wrong doesn't sit well with you, then research thoroughly and cite sources or don't speculate and opine. But harassing people who show you being wrong is not the way to handle it. If that's how you handle it, then we mods and admins will handle you.

People on this site are allowed to have different Facts, Opinions and Ideas. You all get mad just because you don't agree with other comments. Open Discussions Right or Wrong Answers. You should not even have this Website because many of you cannot handle other people's comments.

12 minutes ago, Bluebird 123 said:

People on this site are allowed to have different Facts, Opinions and Ideas. You all get mad just because you don't agree with other comments. Open Discussions Right or Wrong Answers. You should not even have this Website because many of you cannot handle other people's comments.

What the hell is a "different fact?"

No many of you Misinterpreted what the person was saying. It was an opinion and you all thought it was a Fact. It is your fault for Misinterpreted what the people was saying. Blame yourselves because you Misinterpreted. You Should already know what Opinions and Facts are. 

1 minute ago, 40MntVrn said:

What the hell is a "different fact?"

Typo Differences between Opinions and Facts. Do you really know what that means? If you don't remember or don't know they have Reading Classes for you to Retake. Hopefully they are available now, they probably closed due to Covid-19. Well whatever those Reading Classes are Reopened you should all consider attending those classes.

Just now, Bluebird 123 said:

Typo Differences between Opinions and Facts. Do you really know what that means? If you don't remember or don't know they have Reading Classes for you to Retake. Hopefully they are available now, they probably closed due to Covid-19. Well whatever those Reading Classes are Reopened you should all consider attending those classes.

Would you care to enlighten us with your superior intellect and define what facts and opinions are?

4 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Would you care to enlighten us with your superior intellect and define what facts and opinions are?

He's unable to for a while...

@40MntVrn: He messed up inserting himself in a DM between me and two other people.

Edited by Deucey

54 minutes ago, Bluebird 123 said:

Guys, it’s the same person.

OHHHH, I read the posts in the Fleet Swap Thread cause I've haven't been active these past few days and whatnot. 

Oh, that guy needs to chill, I remember I had to put up with his crap in the Random Thoughts thread a year ago when somebody mentioned deinterlining. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird 123 said:

Nothing wrong with having different opinions or if people get a set of information that's different from what other people have. The actual problem kicks in when people don't know how to agree to disagree. Seems like the user (not gonna mention their name) got butthurt over the fact that people didn't agree with them or called them out on something that wasn't correct. 

Also, you don't need reading classes to learn simple grammar when you can learn that in your own time. Here are the definition's of fact and opinion for those who don't understand:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

WIth that out of the way, I'm going to go back to doing my schoolwork. 

Edited by LaGuardia Link N Tra

Just now, RTOMan said:

Now by my guess all this nonsense started over the  R179 being mothballed?

Somebody needs to get a life or find a hobby other than this..

Takes it too serious...

Please i hope this wasn't a fellow employee...

It’s actually in the Fleet Swaps Thread. It’s this annoying kid named @bwwnyc123 who gets all in his feelings whenever people call him out on his BS. He was alright for a few months and then he’s back at it all over again. Now he’s made another account called @Bluebird 123 to continue posting here.

5 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

It’s actually in the Fleet Swaps Thread. It’s this annoying kid named @bwwnyc123 who gets all in his feelings whenever people call him out on his BS. He was alright for a few months and then he’s back at it all over again. Now he’s made another account called @Bluebird 123 to continue posting here.

Ok some buff who needs to grow up understood..

My guess is he has friends down here who feed him info and his ego gets swelled, so he comes to these groups to show off his limited knowledge...

Seen this play off too many times to count...

I hope this is relevant but when it comes to posting, people need to stop with the slick comments about someone else just b.c the post sounds redundant, knowing they can be wrong for what they did. It's obvious who the comment goes to, disrespectful and something you keep to yourself. 

It's from another thread, not just the fleet swap. 

Edited by Calvin

21 hours ago, Deucey said:

Someone didn't heed this "advice" here in the fleet swap thread, and got himself a 30-day for harassing someone in a private chat.

I spend a good amount of time on Twitter and in Facebook groups arguing with trolls and racists, so I understand the emotions behind an argument via pixels. I'm not gonna be like "YOU'RE SERIOUSLY HARASSING PEOPLE OVER TRAINS AND BUSES", but be your best selves here. 

Everyone here - unless an employee with memos and contracts, an advocate meeting with decision-makers, or other first-hand knowledge, is mostly speculating and opining. Speculation and Opinions can and will end up being wrong. It happens.

If being found to be wrong doesn't sit well with you, then research thoroughly and cite sources or don't speculate and opine. But harassing people who show you being wrong is not the way to handle it. If that's how you handle it, then we mods and admins will handle you.

I can respect the diplomacy, but nobody that damn defiant in incessantly bit**ing about what facts & opinions are (in an attempt to vindicate himself), is going to heed any warning.... You all (mod team) are good, because have it had been me, this character would have been permanently sniped from this forum, acting like that.... That juvenile exchange he had with Bill from Maspeth & a few others on here shouldn't have went on for as long as it did.... His lame duck "argument" in defending himself was a parroting of the same shit over & over & over & over & over again.... The "fact" that he just had to create a 2nd account to further parrot the same BS, says more than enough....

I saw his original comment.... He's clearly one of these guys that tries to play it safe by straddling the damn fence when making suppositions, by conveniently claiming the side that puts him in the best light when detractors are calling that ass out.... Him & his "different facts" & "true opinions".... Another one of these *my truth* MF-ers....

People like that don't change.

Edited by B35 via Church

Is that possible to implement a block-list system like other forums? This system would automatically hide the replies that are written by the users in the block-list and provide a "click to unhide this hidden reply" function.

It is real headache even skimming through(yeah,not even reading) these "facts" again and again.

And a friendly reminder: Please use multi-quote when possible. It will take you a little more time but it will save other people much more time.

Edited by whz1995

5 minutes ago, whz1995 said:

Is that possible to implement a block-list system like other forums? This system would automatically hide the replies that are written by the users in the block-list and provide a "click to unhide this hidden reply" function.

It is real headache even skimming through(yeah,not even reading) these "facts" again and again.

And a friendly reminder: Please use multi-quote when possible. It will take you a little more time but it will save other people much more time.

You mean an ignore button? If so then yes, this forum already has that feature. Just hover your mouse over a poster's avatar and a little box will pop up and the option to "ignore user" will appear at the bottom.

Edited by trainfan22

39 minutes ago, whz1995 said:

You can ignore, but it only hides you from the toxicity.

Report button is better bc we can see it, copy the link, put it in the warning history, and cite it when moderated people have "feelings" or we need to justify a permaban.

16 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

You mean an ignore button? If so then yes, this forum already has that feature. Just hover your mouse over a poster's avatar and a little box will pop up and the option to "ignore user" will appear at the bottom.

Yeah, but what IDC for about the ignore functions on any of these internet boards (that have such an option) is that when someone else quotes the person on your ignore list, you still see [the person on your ignore list's] post{s}.....

16 hours ago, Deucey said:

You can ignore, but it only hides you from the toxicity.

Report button is better bc we can see it, copy the link, put it in the warning history, and cite it when moderated people have "feelings" or we need to justify a permaban.

See above... But yeah, basically, this is my sentiment....

Get rid of the problem posters.