Hi

RapidoNewLook

Knew about this site for a while,  then about a month ago decided to get an account. I have to say, you guys have been very welcoming, so thank you for that! 

My name is RapidoNewLook, I'm from Brooklyn. Pre-COVID I used to ride transit daily, usually bus but sometimes subway too. I'm kind of a NYC Transit history fan, and have a small collection of memorabilia. My main interest is in the B&QT streetcar lines that once crossed my home borough.

Now you're probably thinking "Huh?! What's a streetcar?!" Well you might know it better as a trolley,  the reason I  call them streetcars is because I'm part Canadian,  specifically Torontonian, and that city has the largest surface rail network in North America. So being as most of my experiences with Electric Traction have occurred north of the border,  I've borrowed the term that's used over there.

Now if you've been reading this from the beginning, you'll know I've mentioned the B&QT streetcars of Brooklyn. Regarding those vehicles, I have a request of all those history-minded forum users.

B&QT 1000 was a PCC streetcar built for Brooklyn service in 1936. It was the only streetcar ever built by the Clark Equipment Co., and ran in service with 99 St. Louis-built cousins, all of which lasted until the end of Brooklyn trolley service in 1956. Today, the car is owned by the Trolley Museum of New York  in Kingston, NY.

I have been in contact with several members of the organization, and it seems as though a restoration had been started on the car. Unfortunately, the one in charge of the process passed away, and the project stalled. My request to you is please,  help them finish that job. Contribute whatever you can, whether it's money, time, experience -anything is helpful. Let Car 1000 have the afterlife it deserves! Anyone interested in helping out can DM me and I'll put you in touch with the relevant party.

Thank you!

RapidoNewLook