Photos around South Brooklyn

BklynBusMan08

Nice photos that third pic is just awsome!! I also like the pic of 5224 @ flatbush and ave I, that bus looks really fresh. :D

Thanks trainfan. Yeah, 5224 looked real nice in person!

Nice shots, at what time did you take the X28 photo.

Believe it was around 2:30pm.

is the 9327 a suburban?

I think it is. If you look closely, you can't see outside near the bottom of the windows along the left side inside of the bus.

Great photos! I'm a bike rider too which is a good thing because the bus won't get me to work. Nice to see the Fall foliage around Brooklyn and looking forward to more if you get out again. :D

Thanks Cyberider. I was shocked the weather stayed nice today, and ventured South along Rockaway Beach. I have a few shots I took I'll be posting in a bit!

Nice pics, man especially on the 9382!

Thanks. I got lucky on that one. The light turned green and the bus started moving right when I had the camera ready!

That's kind of sad. I remember when those buses first arrived in early 1997. My dad had a chance to drive them when they were brand new. I have tons of pictures from that first year. It was a huge deal then... new express coaches - and Brooklyn actually got some! I think the only other new buses at that point were the Orion Suburbans.

Hard to believe that was 10+ years ago!

The suburban seats are a hassle on local buses, sure they're kind of comfortable, but they're running local now, so there is little to no space in the hall, and nothing much to cling on to. They should have taken the interiors of the older GMCs and put them in IMO, instead of retiring the 1990 TMCs.

Archived