Pre-employment questionaire - self-employment jobs

BreeddekalbL

For when i do the pre employment process for bus operator.

On the pre employment questionare 

I worked alot of Self Employment Jobs

For 2 of them i have a reference

And the other one i was in essence a 1 man band 

And there is no history at social security, would i be in trouble for that?

@+Young+ or anyone who would know

Edited by BreeddekalbL

• +Young+ changed the title to Pre-employment questionaire - self-employment jobs

I'm going to let someone else who has a little more knowledge provide a more solid, concrete answer, however I will say this:

If you did not have social security and/or income taxes taken out, then that is considered "off-the-books," which, in this case, is not good. Therefore, since, from my perspective they are not hiring any Bus Operators in the immediate future, this is what I would do:

First, call Employment Operations on Monday, which is when they're supposed to open (347-643-8229/30/31/32), make sure you do not identify yourself, aka "anonymous," and ask them how to approach this. Worse comes to worse, you can always list it  and make a notation that it was "self-employment" and "off-the-books" or anything to that nature.

Second, I would be patient. Hopefully, by the time you're invited down to 180 Livingston Street, hopefully another member who has a little more knowledge about this will post a more, concrete answer in this thread/topic.