Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
+Young+

MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this particular exam in case anybody needs to refer to this later on.

Message added by +Young+

As per this webpage, in which a "print-screen" can be seen below, the application period for this examination will be open from July 15th to August 25th, 2020. If you are curious in what the Notice of Examination (NOE) might look like and/or contain, click here and here for the last two recent MaBSTOA Bus Operator Notice of Examinations.

Happy Posting!!

MaBSTOA Exam 1100.jpg

• Upvote 1

Was this the same one that was postponed from May?

32 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Was this the same one that was postponed from May?

I don't believe so. If I recall correctly, the one that was postponed from May had a different exam number.

• Upvote 1

Here is the Notice of Examination for this particular examination. It seems that they will be giving a regular civil service examination for this title, which seems very interesting.

Good luck!!

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Here is the Notice of Examination for this particular examination. It seems that they will be giving a regular civil service examination for this title, which seems very interesting.

Good luck!!

Do you know where the link to the payment portal is? I can't find it!

I have tickets pending 12 points total *fingers crossed* I don’t lose these cases, all my court dates are next year due to COVID19. I just paid for this exam. I passed both part time BOSS exam 7304 and 7300 but I don’t have the CDL permit. I recently got 4 points on my Ls due to a speeding ticket. My question to you guys what advice y’all could give me. I been driving clean for a year it not like I’m out here wilding our driving I’m calm real talk. I’m been chasing these jobs forever. I gotta 5 month new born I’m tryna grind y’all. I studied the CDL Book didn’t pass it. I’m struggling. Any help is needed. Let me know

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kawan said:

I have tickets pending 12 points total *fingers crossed* I don’t lose these cases, all my court dates are next year due to COVID19. I just paid for this exam. I passed both part time BOSS exam 7304 and 7300 but I don’t have the CDL permit. I recently got 4 points on my Ls due to a speeding ticket. My question to you guys what advice y’all could give me. I been driving clean for a year it not like I’m out here wilding our driving I’m calm real talk. I’m been chasing these jobs forever. I gotta 5 month new born I’m tryna grind y’all. I studied the CDL Book didn’t pass it. I’m struggling. Any help is needed. Let me know

First, welcome to the website!

Second, as far as the pending tickets are concerned, according to this post, you are aware that you are allowed to have at maximum four [4] points on your license, right? In addition, the folks who review your abstract will only look at your abstract for the past three [3] years. Therefore, if you got a ticket on July 18th, 2017 with a certain number of points, by this time the points associated with that particular ticket will disappear.

Third, have you considered running off your abstract to see what you got as far as the timeline with these tickets and points? Click here for more information. Just note that when the time comes, the agency will run your "Standard Driving Record." Therefore, the CDL abstract and the Lifetime Driving Abstract are not necessary.

Finally, as far as the CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit) is concerned, have you checked out cristcdl.com to practice some of the questions? The multiple-choice written exams that you will need to take and pass are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. I personally made index cards with the questions and answers, and, when the time came, I had no problem passing the multiple-choice examinations examinations. When I initially prepared for these examinations, I used the index cards for approximately 75 to 80% of my studying, and I read the CDL manual the other 20 to 25% of the time.

In conclusion, I would primarily focus on your points. After all, even if you have the CLP and if you have five [5] or more points on your license within the past three years, the agency is not going to be interested in hiring you. Keep in mind that those 'Defensive Driving Classes' do not count for this purpose. Therefore, if you plead guilty to the tickets in one way or another, you just have to wait the time out for the points to expire.

Once your points are under control, then I would focus on your CLP. You are aware that, once you get your CLP, it is good for six months, in which you can renew it once without taking the tests over again, right? In addition, I would encourage you to check out this thread in regards to the CDL road test. If you do decide to go through a driving school and get the CDL on your own, I included some links to some YouTube videos in this post for you to view. Just note that whatever Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) you decide to use, the pre-trip now includes an inspection of the engine compartment.

I hope this post helps. If you still have more questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

i just sign up for the exam 1100... and really worried about the memorization portion of it ...i read on the forum to study the bus routes of the boroughs....that's  allot of info to retain since i don't live in nyc anymore and hardly took public transit when i lived there so kinda worried...  any help on what to study on and also i have my class a with all endorsements .what is the training process for someone with a cdl 

18 hours ago, joshua26 said:

i just sign up for the exam 1100... and really worried about the memorization portion of it ...i read on the forum to study the bus routes of the boroughs....that's  allot of info to retain since i don't live in nyc anymore and hardly took public transit when i lived there so kinda worried...  any help on what to study on and also i have my class a with all endorsements .what is the training process for someone with a cdl 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

You're not the only one who is really worried about the memorization portion. A lot of people 'screw up' on this portion in one way or another. When you take the exam, what's going to happen is they're going to initially give you a picture to memorize for 10 minutes in the form of a single-page booklet. This picture usually consists of a single bus route, which is usually fictional and very basic. At the end of these 10 minutes, the 'memorization' booklets will be collected and the examination booklets will be distributed, in which the test taker will have to answer some questions based off of the picture that you were supposed to memorize for those 10 minutes. The amount of questions can vary from 6 questions to 10 questions, depending on what else is on the examination and the total number of questions.

Therefore, in lieu of studying the bus routes of the boroughs, you can start preparing for the exam by looking at this NYPD Test Prep Kit. If you look at pages four through seven of the PDF document, you will see that you will have to memorize a fictional picture for five minutes, followed by answering 12 questions afterwards.

I also sent you a Private Message (PM) as well. Therefore, if you need more practice for the memorization section, send me a reply and we'll take it from there.

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction