MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8 hours ago, mrtrini868 said:

First pass drug test and then medically cleared. If it been 30+ days and you still waiting or whatever and haven’t gotten fingerprinted. You gotta do another drug test after every 30 days until you get confirmed for class.. I’m saying this because it happened to me and I still haven’t gotten fingerprinted yet. Last time I went there was to get medical hold cleared and had to do a 2nd drug test. Now it been 29 days and still waiting 🤷🏽‍♂️

have you called and asked them whats the hold up?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, Junknyc90 said:

Anyone got called in the last 1-2 weeks to do final processing for 1100?

they called me yesterday to come in for final processing...did they call you yet? class starts the 24th i believe 

Has anyone been contacted recently in regards to the O.A 1100 exam for the upcoming April 24th Zerega class ? .. I need to know I'm a current employee I was contacted in February to report to livingston I couldn't make it. They are supposed to reschedule me for the next class. I'm just making sure I am not being skipped.  Thank you 

Yea I was … classes start on April 24 .. good luck guys 🙏… what’s is the dress code ??? Do we have to wear shoes with no laces  ?? .. what’s a acceptable footwear ?? … I get the blue pant and shirt and black tie .. but what about footwear? Don’t tell me bus drivers drive in shoes all day .. whatts acceptable ??

6 minutes ago, joshua26 said:

Yea I was … classes start on April 24 .. good luck guys 🙏… what’s is the dress code ??? Do we have to wear shoes with no laces  ?? .. what’s a acceptable footwear ?? … I get the blue pant and shirt and black tie .. but what about footwear? Don’t tell me bus drivers drive in shoes all day .. whatts acceptable 

Edited by STtoMTA

Thanks for the heads up. As for the dress code Navy Blue Dickies work pants with a belt along with a Mta Blue color dress shirt and a tie they prefer clip ons black or navy blue ( it's mandatory make sure you have it at zerega ). As for the footwear lace up Non Slip Work shoes ( they must be all black with no velcro and No Slip On shoes. Best of luck to all

On 3/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, Junknyc90 said:

First pass drug test and then medically cleared. If it been 30+ days and you still waiting or whatever and haven’t gotten fingerprinted. You gotta do another drug test after every 30 days until you get confirmed for class.. I’m saying this because it happened to me and I still haven’t gotten fingerprinted yet. Last time I went there was to get medical hold cleared and had to do a 2nd drug test. Now it been 29 days and still waiting 🤷🏽‍♂️

That means another drug test again.  

10 hours ago, joshua26 said:

Yea I was … classes start on April 24 .. good luck guys 🙏… what’s is the dress code ??? Do we have to wear shoes with no laces  ?? .. what’s a acceptable footwear ?? … I get the blue pant and shirt and black tie .. but what about footwear? Don’t tell me bus drivers drive in shoes all day .. whatts acceptable ??

Any non skid/slip from sketchers are acceptable.  And any boots.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, NotRalphKramden said:

Thanks for the heads up. As for the dress code Navy Blue Dickies work pants with a belt along with a Mta Blue color dress shirt and a tie they prefer clip ons black or navy blue ( it's mandatory make sure you have it at zerega ). As for the footwear lace up Non Slip Work shoes ( they must be all black with no velcro and No Slip On shoes. Best of luck to all

Do is lace up boots acceptable like what police officers or first responders?

2 hours ago, joshua26 said:

Do is lace up boots acceptable like what police officers or first responders?

Yes, as long as they are black, have non-slip or slip resistant soles they will pass. I used work shoes at the beginning but have transitioned to sneaker boots like the Nike Manoa

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

even while on probation?

Just a piece of advice. I have a couple friends than left the job and regret it to this day. This job isn’t easy but can be the opportunity for a better life. It’s stressful, take your time to make a decision on leaving. In a year you will move up in seniority, have a better handle on the job and pick better work. Good luck in whatever you decide. 

18 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Just a piece of advice. I have a couple friends than left the job and regret it to this day. This job isn’t easy but can be the opportunity for a better life. It’s stressful, take your time to make a decision on leaving. In a year you will move up in seniority, have a better handle on the job and pick better work. Good luck in whatever you decide. 

I feel the same way sometimes.  I said why my sisters and nephew think this is the best job ever.  I complain every day to my husband,  he said I know you love driving and I taught this is your dream job like you said.  Now I’m having that iffy feeling questioning myself if this is what I really want.  I love the driving and everything but I guess when you cannot pick or set your own schedules, that’s when it really gets to you.  I ain’t going to lie, I thing most people on this job killing themes to make that money.  The taxes they taking from your paychecks are unbelievably ridiculous.  I still want to make my own decision on how I work and spend my time on earth.  This job is doing great things for people but don’t let them fool you, you have to grind for that money to make sense.

All of that is true, it does feel like a grind, especially when you’re not at top pay. This is also why people say make your financial decisions as if you’re only making 80 hours every paycheck. When you can’t get OT, you won’t take a hit.

Also, you have to figure out the easier ways to make OT. Take advantage of the reserve time when picking up work and know what work will give you the most amount of pay for the least amount of driving. For example, I used to drill at the yard every night for 3-4 hours, pick up a first half on a hawk (only on the lines where I knew I wasn’t picking up much people) or get the spare buses back to the depot. 

If I wanted work before my run, I usually stuck to express since the majority of the work was a trip into the city and then pull in. During the winter time, there was drill work open just for snow chains and the bus moves to Quill.

On the road, speak with some of the post dispatchers and see if they could use your bus as a spare or keep you as assigned to fill a gap in service or to cover a relief. If they know you like to work extra, they’ll call you and set you up with it. 

Some days are hard ngl, but there’s ways to make it easy.

• +Young+ unpinned this topic