MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/29/2021 at 12:35 PM, Lawrence St said:

Turns out it's for MTA Bus for the recent position that opened up. Your required to take the test on Oct 23/24th.

So did you end up taking this?   We filled out the questionnaire for her license and stuff but never heard anything back

6 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Are you serious? What's the union saying about this?

The State is ruling this decision. The MTA is managed under the Governor.

As of right now, The TWULocal100 is undergoing elections this upcoming November. If new administrations are elected, expect a fightback by the local.

**The only thing is, the union has no control over transit when it comes to the hiring process. This is why new hires have to undergo 1-year probation before they can fully be represented. We are limited to what we can do with the new hires.

Edited by Flatbush Operator
Typos and added more info

16 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

As of right now, The TWULocal100 is undergoing elections this upcoming November. If new administrations are elected, expect a fightback by the local.

**The only thing is, the union has no control over transit when it comes to the hiring process. This is why new hires have to undergo 1-year probation before they can fully be represented. We are limited to what we can do with the new hires.

So the decision is not finalized yet?

55 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Do you think they will establish a list faster because of the need?

55 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

As of right now, The MTA is following the State ruling. November 14 the full vaccination will be in effect for new hires only.

Ok, I'm not sure how they're going to address this since we're already halfway through the process with the exam coming up. I know someone else who's taking this exam with me and hasn't been vax yet because of personal reasons, but I can tell this is going to be a problem for others that aren't vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok, I'm not sure how they're going to address this since we're already halfway through the process with the exam coming up. I know someone else who's taking this exam with me and hasn't been vax yet because of personal reasons, but I can tell this is going to be a problem for others that aren't vaccinated.

“New hires must be vaccinated” right now you’re still on the first process for examination. You have a long way to go before the hiring process start. Who knows, things can change a year from now where the mandate is lifted. 

Click here to read about the vaccination hiring news.

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Do you think they will establish a list faster because of the need?

It all depends of the vacancy rate for a Bus operator position.