MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 10/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, STtoMTA said:

@Lawrence St did you pay for the MTA bus one? I remember I paid mabstoa

Nope. I think they're waving the exam fee for this one.

@+Young+ is there an example test for this? I got a letter that says I need to bring a scientific calculator and was not aware this was a math regents exam 🤨

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ is there an example test for this? I got a letter that says I need to bring a scientific calculator and was not aware this was a math regents exam 🤨

Yeah I found in the website that it said they’re waiving it for mta bus. We already paid for stoa 

On 10/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Lawrence St said:

If you look at the Notice of Examination, on page 5, it lists the 9 (nine) different abilities we will be tested on, which happens to be the same nine abilities that are listed on the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice for Exam 2302. All of these abilities can be found in the online NYPD Test Preparation Kit. Although it is sixteen years ago, as they say, it is something which is better than nothing!

Also, I would look over your letter carefully. Mine says to bring a simple basic calculator, and not a scientific calculator.

Good luck!!

11 hours ago, Pace said:

I didn’t receive a letter yet but I did get a email saying they are testing through out the rest of the year. I guess some people will test next month and December for 1100?

that would be me. My list number is close to “Young”.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, BOO3 said:

that would be me. My list number is close to “Young”.

I did exam 1100 on October 9, 2021.  I got a call on Friday 22nd, 2021 to go to Livingston Street to start pre- employment process.  I also know of a family friend who wrote it the same time and wall called also, he don’t have his CDL permit yet.  For all who did or doing this exam and don’t have the permit do so now, or you will be held back for not having the permit.  I have my license so I’m good.  

Just now, Kennedy said:

I did exam 1100 on October 9, 2021.  I got a call on Friday 22nd, 2021 to go to Livingston Street to start pre- employment process.  I also know of a family friend who wrote it the same time and wall called also, he don’t have his CDL permit yet.  For all who did or doing this exam and don’t have the permit do so now, or you will be held back for not having the permit.  I have my license so I’m good.  

I thought they only just started calling for this exam

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, Pace said:

I didn’t receive a letter yet but I did get a email saying they are testing through out the rest of the year. I guess some people will test next month and December for 1100?

I did exam 1100 on 10/9/

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

I thought they only just started calling for this exam

This exam was supposed to be early this year I believe or late last year, but due to pandemic it was pushed back.  So I did mine on 10/09/2021 and already got called for it.

Just now, Kennedy said:

I did exam 1100 on 10/9/

This exam was supposed to be early this year I believe or late last year, but due to pandemic it was pushed back.  So I did mine on 10/09/2021 and already got called for it.

What was your list number? To take the test 

Just now, Kennedy said:

I did exam 1100 on 10/9/

Make sure you have you permit.  They’re really calling ASAP 

Just now, Kennedy said:

I know I received an email with the list number for that exam.  I just can’t put my hands on it for some reason, but I think it was either 60 something or 600 something 

Okay so then shes going to be close to be called.  Was it the actual mta test like city points and questions or was it the boss exam the survey with strongly agree and disagree?

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Okay so then shes going to be close to be called.  Was it the actual mta test like city points and questions or was it the boss exam the survey with strongly agree and disagree?

It was the actual test.  Lots of reading, memorization then questions.  On the test answer sheet say 100 questions but it’s actually 60.  And you have 2 and half hours to complete it.

Just now, Kennedy said:

Usually when it states to walk with calculator it’s the real test, not the survey.  I co-worker went today.  It’s the actual test.

3 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

I wonder if the MTA bus one today is the same

Does she have her CDL permit?  If not let her start working on it now.  They’re calling right after that 1100 exam.

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

Well she’s taking both so I guess she has two shots then   MTA bus now and mabstoa next week 

I did exam 9309 which is MTA bus in 2019.  They called me May this year to ask if I was still interested and I filled the application and sent it back.  Then they say I have to wait until they call me again.  Now I actually got called for the OA instead that I just took that exam on 10/9/2021.  I’m happy they called for that one instead so I don’t have to switch