7611 near Pier 83

RSMG106

3SEa1rn.jpg

I decided to take my grandfather out to the West Side Pier. My plan was to give my grandfather the future of transportation by riding the XE40. However, I did some thinking, and I found out that maybe MJQ did not use the XE40s at this time, due to the heat. So instead we rode 7611 on the M42 to the end of the stop at the pier, and come back to 3rd Avenue on 7597 on the same route. For me, 7611 is a beauty because it runs so smooth, and its definitely one of my favorite 40 footers to ride on. Despite not riding on the XE40, it was still an enjoyable day nonetheless. But I must question this? Is the XE40 just exclusive for the M42, and M50 routes? Because I see the XD40s and the XE40s the most on the M42 and M50 routes. 

18 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

*image*

I decided to take my grandfather out to the West Side Pier. My plan was to give my grandfather the future of transportation by riding the XE40. However, I did some thinking, and I found out that maybe MJQ did not use the XE40s at this time, due to the heat. So instead we rode 7611 on the M42 to the end of the stop at the pier, and come back to 3rd Avenue on 7597 on the same route. For me, 7611 is a beauty because it runs so smooth, and its definitely one of my favorite 40 footers to ride on. Despite not riding on the XE40, it was still an enjoyable day nonetheless. But I must question this? Is the XE40 just exclusive for the M42, and M50 routes? Because I see the XD40s and the XE40s the most on the M42 and M50 routes. 

This post should be in the bus section btw, but to answer your question, the XEs mostly run on the M42 and M50, but they've also shown up on the M9, M57, M66, and M72, as well as the M11 school trips from 110th to 34th.

Quill tries to keep the XEs on the M42 and M50 since those two routes are close to the depot. They recently started running them on those other routes I mentioned towards the end of last year, but since 2020 started, they've gone back to only being on the M42 and M50.

23 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

This post should be in the bus section btw, but to answer your question, the XEs mostly run on the M42 and M50, but they've also shown up on the M9, M57, M66, and M72, as well as the M11 school trips from 110th to 34th.

Quill tries to keep the XEs on the M42 and M50 since those two routes are close to the depot. They recently started running them on those other routes I mentioned towards the end of last year, but since 2020 started, they've gone back to only being on the M42 and M50.

Thanks for the info. Next time, I will put my question on the bus random thoughts section.