You can now see (on 40 percent of buses) how many riders are on the bus

Abba

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That's correct. They were supposed to be fine tuning it as time goes on, so the reality is it's only operating on Staten Island buses (local buses from what I've seen). 

1 hour ago, Abba said:

No it works in Brooklyn as well and very good.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

So then they expanded it. Good to know...

It’s on all boroughs: some of the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens routes have them as well. As mentioned earlier, it works with every single bus that has the passenger counters, and every borough has a few buses with those features.

1 minute ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

It’s on all boroughs: some of the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens routes have them as well. As mentioned earlier, it works with every single bus that has the passenger counters, and every borough has a few buses with those features.

I haven't been following because I don't use myMTA. I don't care for it.  I only use BusTime, and it's not on that tey. I haven't been keeping track of the progress on this to be honest, with all that's going on.  Full plate with other issues with the express buses.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

10 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@Via Garibaldi 8 So do you see it on BusTime for local buses? Because I don't

When you posted in the other group I checked a few of the express bus lines on BusTime on Staten Island out of curiosity. It's weird because they don't show anything regarding seating for the express buses like they did before on Staten Island, so they must be revamping it. I didn't check any local lines.  I just know that I had been told several months ago that they were working on this and would be fine tuning it over time, but I haven't been speaking with anyone about it to be honest. I've been focusing on some other things with the express buses, some of which I've been messaged about in private.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I have added support for the passenger count in TransSee where you can see it in predictions, by route or by fleet number search. As well it is now storing the count in its tracking history. You can view the tracking history without premium for routes B1-B9.

I also changed the stop lists to use the GTFS data so it displays branches properly.

45 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

How do you access this on the MYMTA app?

(1) Open the app.

(2) Select a route  (right now I'm following the M14D).

(3) Select a direction.

(4) Scroll through the stops to see where the buses are. The ones with APCs will show the number of riders.

Unfortunately, the app still doesn't let you choose a specific stop.

2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

(1) Open the app.

(2) Select a route  (right now I'm following the M14D).

(3) Select a direction.

(4) Scroll through the stops to see where the buses are. The ones with APCs will show the number of riders.

Unfortunately, the app still doesn't let you choose a specific stop.

Got it. I’m also seeing it on the B41.