Effective January 2021, the MTA will add another loop to the M35 to slow down service; Q70 change took effect June 28

Union Tpke

* Yeah, the Q70 reroute we've been talking about in the SBS thread....

* As for the M35 addition, although minor, the problem I have with this isn't directly having buses enter Kirby - it's that they're retaining that stop along the Main roadway after having buses directly serving Kirby.... There is a reason why the Hell Gate Circle/Central Rd. stop (heading back north) currently gets the usage that it does.... In other words, after directly serving Kirby, the next SB stop should be for the Clark Thomas men's shelter....

The biggest time waste on the M35 are the TBTA & the 5 borough complex stops (the two northern-most stops on the island).....

Edited by B35 via Church

23 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Isnt the M35 an articulated route as well? That loop doesn't seem wide enough for those buses.

Officially, no.

I get the impression that the map was made to illustrate the point more than being a firm route. The street layout doesn't support anything doubling back in the fashion illustrated.

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Isnt the M35 an articulated route as well? That loop doesn't seem wide enough for those buses.

What in that graphic has you believing that a 40 footer can maneuver around such a loop, but an artic not seeming like it would?

3 hours ago, Lex said:

I get the impression that the map was made to illustrate the point more than being a firm route.

Of course it was... At the same time though, MTA didn't have to get cute with it.... A solid blue line inside the facility would have sufficed.