R42 A trains in 2015/2016?

Amtrak706

I vividly remember at least one set of R42s operating on the (A) sometime in 2015 or 2016. It was decidedly after and seperate from the period when all 50 were assigned to the (A) in 2012. Not sure how many cars were assigned, and for some reason I can find no information or videos online from this. I took my own videos a couple times but have not been able to find them. Does anyone else remember this or am I going nuts??

I lived off the (A) all those years; in 2012 it wasn't all 50 R42s assigned to Pitkin; it was 20 at most IINM, and only for 2 months in the summer.

2015-16 there couldn't have been R42s in revenue service on the (A), or I would have seen them.  So unless you find those videos you're talking about...

R42s haven't been a regular sight on the (A) since 2009, and even then they weren't the remaining 50- they were the other 335 or so waiting their turn to be scrapped at 207th. 

10 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

I lived off the (A) all those years; in 2012 it wasn't all 50 R42s assigned to Pitkin; it was 20 at most IINM, and only for 2 months in the summer.

2015-16 there couldn't have been R42s in revenue service on the (A), or I would have seen them.  So unless you find those videos you're talking about...

R42s haven't been a regular sight on the (A) since 2009, and even then they weren't the remaining 50- they were the other 335 or so waiting their turn to be scrapped at 207th. 

I lived off the (A) all those years too, and still do. I am almost positive it was sometime in 2015. This is very bizarre, I vividly remember it but I can't find my videos or any others. I guess I am going nuts. Hopefully someone else eventually remembers it too.

Edited by Amtrak706

1 hour ago, MHV9218 said:

100% sure it was 2012. I remember it too, those cars looked like such a wreck – some actually got painted up when they were back at ENY later, so that was their worst. Some of them turned up on the (C) too, I think.

Their was R42 on the (C) right after Sandy for some reason. IIRC during the summer of 2012 the 42s on the (A) only ran on the Rock Park specials, no off peak or weekend service.