B103 Limited involved in accident

Suydam Street

Apparently the cops was having a police chase with a car which lost control and thus causing that massive accident with the bus. A lot of idiots with cars round here, always idiots speeding and driving souped up cars that they make extra loud with mods.

I hate that part of car culture, speeding on residential streets and extra loud cars, loud cars that are modded to be louder than they normally is is so corny to me.

Edited by trainfan22

17 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I hate that part of car culture, speeding on residential streets and extra loud cars, loud cars that are modded to be louder than they normally is is so corny to me.

IDK, this is one of those gray areas to me.... Technically it is, but I say it has a little more to do with street culture (notice I didn't say hood culture)..... Regardless, as a motorist, I say there's a special place in hell for ricers.... So. point taken.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, trainfan22 said:

A lot of people will use side streets to get around trouble areas due to high traffic volumes. Not uncommon with the last 5.5 years of changes DOT has made to the streets.

18 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

A lot of people will use side streets to get around trouble areas due to high traffic volumes. Not uncommon with the last 5.5 years of changes DOT has made to the streets.

My father did that when I was a kid and lived in another part of Canarsie. Get off the Belt at the Rockaway Parkway exit, and take side streets to where we lived which was near South Shore HS rather than take Rockaway Parkway to Flatlands Ave.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

My father did that when I was a kid and lived in another part of Canarsie. Get off the Belt at the Rockaway Parkway exit, and take side streets to where we lived which was near South Shore HS rather than take Rockaway Parkway to Flatlands Ave.

That practice is still be used today. However, DOT made Seaview Avenue a bit smaller heading towards South Shore and high police area with the 69 pct sitting and watching speeders. 

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That practice is still be used today. However, DOT made Seaview Avenue a bit smaller heading towards South Shore and high police area with the 69 pct sitting and watching speeders. 

I am actually surprised to that end that East 80 Street is still a 4-lane road instead of 2 lanes and a center turn lane. The usage of that road doesn't really warrant 4 lanes all the way (and between Avenue J and K, there is a fixed speed camera).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, aemoreira81 said:

I am actually surprised to that end that East 80 Street is still a 4-lane road instead of 2 lanes and a center turn lane. The usage of that road doesn't really warrant 4 lanes all the way (and between Avenue J and K, there is a fixed speed camera).

So is it safe to say that #587 is the first new C40LF to be retired?

On 8/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, SoSpectacular said:

Yeah, the whole Vision Zero thing is a bad joke.  It's a revenue collection initiative disguised as a safety program.