Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NASCAR...u just gave me hope !! Lol !! I took the C/R test in 2004 and is still waiting..crosing my fingers I get in before they close the list. Too bad to hear u were even thinking of hangin it up..but the politics can be a b**** !
lol...Just be patient! These city jobs come around when u least expect it!Keep track of what list number they're up to.I say take all the city tests that you can...roll the dice.

• 4 weeks later...

What's going on people??? D@mn,I've been gone for a minute...Miss me?? Ha Ha!!!!:P Let's get to it...North bound from out the ROCK(Far-Rockaway) on the (A) I'm beast'n doing my thing and CHOW!!!! Wtf?:confused: I recharge and ask my C/R "did anyone pull the cord??" C/R replied "Nah partner" You know what I'm thinking right?? Then I'm like nah,I'm gonna call it in cuz it might be a body under the train.(God-forbid) The C/R asked me "did yur hand slip or did I hit something" I replied "Nah" SOB!!!!:mad: Here we go..."Control,Control come in to the blah,blah out the rock" Control-"come on blah,blah out the rock" Me-"yeh, my train went BIE and I don't know why." Control-"T/O did you hit a signal" Me-"NO sir,I did NOT hit a signal." Control-"T/O did yur hand slip?" Wtf is this???:confused:Me-" No control,my hand didn't slip." Control-"Did yur train re-charge?" Me-"Yeh control,my train did re-charge and I will investigate." Ok, so I inform the C/R what's going on and he/she made the proper announcements to the passengers.Ok,so I climb down the cab and guess we're I'm at??? I'm on the Bridge!!!!! SOB...:mad::tdown: Why me?? out of all the people...It's windy,rainy and I didn't sign up for this??:eek: Ok, so I did an investigation and didn't find anything.I informed control I didn't find anything and my wheels are turning....ON THE MOVE!!! As I move out the area,I hear a TSS on the radio asking control where my train went BIE and if there's a signal around so he could check LOL...Then I hear control asking Liberty tower what signal# is around the area I went BIE! Then Liberty tower replies"control,we DO-NOT control any signals in that area,they ARE automatics and it would be hard to tell..." lol...Thank you Liberty!!!:tup: Nice try Mr.TSS...(chump) NO signal over-runs here playboy!:P As soon as I get to Euclid I see a RCI running down the platform like he's in the Olympics so when I made a stop,I gave a long buzzzz for my C/R to keep the door open for this dik! He comes to my window and is smiling like he's my freind and says-"everything's OK?? you hit something?" Me-"Nah,go check if you wan't..." RCI-"You sure??" Me-"Go ahead man,check it, yur not gonna find a strike!" RCI checks the snow block and says-"Yur GOOD to GO!" Me-"I know,tell Control it's NO strike mark!" RCI-" I will,have a good trip!" So when we reach 207,I had to call control and explain what happened then I had to speak to the line SUPT. and write a statement.(1 hour OT)We get another phone call and they(Matrix) wanted to speak to my C/R to see if he/she story matched mine.I know it's all routine but they act like a crime was committed...SOB!!! Whatever...:cool:-NASCAR

For future reference if the train recharges it is not a pulled cord.
Thanx...but I knew that!Got my words mixed up.I meant after i went BIE.If it was a pulled cord,I would have to put a hand brake on(secure my train) top side charge,turn off the HVAC,lock my cab go on the track and mess with the angles to find out the BAD section then me or my C/R would reset the cord...DONE.

Wow yeah if you didn't hit andything or let it go most likely the wind could have done it. However let me warn you NASCAR it may not be the end of it.
Yeh,I know...:P These people are crazy.It's like they wanted me to admit to something I didn't do...lol It's like there's NO WAY it couldn't have been his fault.I see why people don't bang in stuff. They prolly gonna charge schoolcar for the service delay.

I Pick in about 3 Weeks I don't know what I'm doing yet. I looking at everything Pm's South/North/Queens. I also got the A Div option. I see more Train Operators ran from A Div this pick so I have to see if it will set me back.

I can't remember a pick where alot of T/O's didn't go from the A to the B. Not many people go B to A. It's always a wildcard with them coming over to the B.

I Pick in about 3 Weeks I don't know what I'm doing yet. I looking at everything Pm's South/North/Queens. I also got the A Div option. I see more Train Operators ran from A Div this pick so I have to see if it will set me back.
If you can get part of the weekend's in the A,go for it!I figure if you move around a bit and see diff faces and routes,it keeps you fresh.This job can get boring after a while.:(I'm surprised to see ALOT of (E) jobs open! I've also noticed ALOT of S/M,S/S slots open which will prolly be gone in the next 2 weeks or so.I was thinking maybe the boards didn't get updated yet.The North is filling up FAST!I pick the 3rd week in May...SOB :mad::tdown: I know I'll prolly stay Xtra,Xtra P.M.'s. I know you don't miss those days.:P

Yeah your staying RX. I grown up on the A Div Routes so it nothing new to me all it is like is visiting an old friend. QNS section is always the last to go so its nothing new and yeah the (E) they don't want it because yoiu don't have an office at WTC anymore so you have to wait on the Platform for your train.

Remember when it was the other way around? What a diffrance ATS makes!

Interesting...yeah I remember when I was a kid back in the early to mid 90's how much fun the A Div crews seemed to have on the job, seemed like it was the "place to be" compared to the B

QNS section is always the last to go so its nothing new and yeah the (E) they don't want it because yoiu don't have an office at WTC anymore so you have to wait on the Platform for your train.

This is true. The order just about every single pick to close first is a.m.'s, midnights, p.m.'s. South, North, Queens. But for the last couple of years the last jobs left have been OptoVR slots.

Remember when it was the other way around? What a diffrance ATS makes!

More like A$$ system. Twice already when I was on the midnight shift, my train sat just outside of 86st north end coming in S/B, due to A$$ and a train being in front of me. When a train is late and A$$ is set up for your train, and that train enters in front of you, you get a 10 minute screw, and no control won't pick up the radio, cause their is essentially nothing they can do. it gets so bad calling them, that Grand tower, gets on the radio calling them also. Control never says anything to us though, just the tower.

Rule is after 2, no train in front, control, I'm securing my train, and going to use a wayside phone. Notify my C/R, chow, take tools, and take a walk. it will be nice and slow too..........

What's going on people??? D@mn,I've been gone for a minute...Miss me?? Ha Ha!!!!:( Let's get to it...North bound from out the ROCK(Far-Rockaway) on the (A) I'm beast'n doing my thing and CHOW!!!! Wtf?:confused: I recharge and ask my C/R "did anyone pull the cord??" C/R replied "Nah partner" You know what I'm thinking right?? Then I'm like nah,I'm gonna call it in cuz it might be a body under the train.(God-forbid) The C/R asked me "did yur hand slip or did I hit something" I replied "Nah" SOB!!!!:mad: Here we go..."Control,Control come in to the blah,blah out the rock" Control-"come on blah,blah out the rock" Me-"yeh, my train went BIE and I don't know why." Control-"T/O did you hit a signal" Me-"NO sir,I did NOT hit a signal." Control-"T/O did yur hand slip?" Wtf is this???:confused:Me-" No control,my hand didn't slip." Control-"Did yur train re-charge?" Me-"Yeh control,my train did re-charge and I will investigate." Ok, so I inform the C/R what's going on and he/she made the proper announcements to the passengers.Ok,so I climb down the cab and guess we're I'm at??? I'm on the Bridge!!!!! SOB...:mad::tdown: Why me?? out of all the people...It's windy,rainy and I didn't sign up for this??:eek: Ok, so I did an investigation and didn't find anything.I informed control I didn't find anything and my wheels are turning....ON THE MOVE!!! As I move out the area,I hear a TSS on the radio asking control where my train went BIE and if there's a signal around so he could check LOL...Then I hear control asking Liberty tower what signal# is around the area I went BIE! Then Liberty tower replies"control,we DO-NOT control any signals in that area,they ARE automatics and it would be hard to tell..." lol...Thank you Liberty!!!:tup: Nice try Mr.TSS...(chump) NO signal over-runs here playboy!:o As soon as I get to Euclid I see a RCI running down the platform like he's in the Olympics so when I made a stop,I gave a long buzzzz for my C/R to keep the door open for this dik! He comes to my window and is smiling like he's my freind and says-"everything's OK?? you hit something?" Me-"Nah,go check if you wan't..." RCI-"You sure??" Me-"Go ahead man,check it, yur not gonna find a strike!" RCI checks the snow block and says-"Yur GOOD to GO!" Me-"I know,tell Control it's NO strike mark!" RCI-" I will,have a good trip!" So when we reach 207,I had to call control and explain what happened then I had to speak to the line SUPT. and write a statement.(1 hour OT)We get another phone call and they(Matrix) wanted to speak to my C/R to see if he/she story matched mine.I know it's all routine but they act like a crime was committed...SOB!!! Whatever...:cool:-NASCAR

That is the way they look at it. No strike mark on the front, snow block there, f-em. It can be possible a signal malfunctioned and tripped another car, but no strike marks found, so they got nothing. Maybe your C/R did it, and reset it, lol!!!! Did you piss them off earlier???

Wassup Nascar...nice to see U in my neck o' the woods...the only home I've known so far :)...Snowstorm a few weeks ago...remember?...where do ya think I had to climb down and clear the stoparm...TWICE!!!..on da bridge !!...I know what U mean...not fun!

What's going on people??? D@mn,I've been gone for a minute...Miss me?? Ha Ha!!!!:) Let's get to it...North bound from out the ROCK(Far-Rockaway) on the (A) I'm beast'n doing my thing and CHOW!!!! Wtf?:confused: I recharge and ask my C/R "did anyone pull the cord??" C/R replied "Nah partner" You know what I'm thinking right?? Then I'm like nah,I'm gonna call it in cuz it might be a body under the train.(God-forbid) The C/R asked me "did yur hand slip or did I hit something" I replied "Nah" SOB!!!!:mad: Here we go..."Control,Control come in to the blah,blah out the rock" Control-"come on blah,blah out the rock" Me-"yeh, my train went BIE and I don't know why." Control-"T/O did you hit a signal" Me-"NO sir,I did NOT hit a signal." Control-"T/O did yur hand slip?" Wtf is this???:confused:Me-" No control,my hand didn't slip." Control-"Did yur train re-charge?" Me-"Yeh control,my train did re-charge and I will investigate." Ok, so I inform the C/R what's going on and he/she made the proper announcements to the passengers.Ok,so I climb down the cab and guess we're I'm at??? I'm on the Bridge!!!!! SOB

Wassup Nascar...nice to see U in my neck o' the woods...the only home I've known so far :)...Snowstorm a few weeks ago...remember?...where do ya think I had to climb down and clear the stoparm...TWICE!!!..on da bridge !!...I know what U mean...not fun!
AYYYYYYYYY....where have you been hiding?? Don't you miss racing on the VAN WYCK???:P Anyways-yeah the bridge aint fun at all!:) Wassup with that area?? I had major static and sometimes I couldn't hear control!I had to translate thru Liberty tower.It reminds me of the B1 channel in BKLYN! You can't hear SH*T!:mad: We need NEW radios...Guess what?? I heard "HAPPY TOOLS" hit a home-ball at W4!!!b Wait...wait!! It wasn't his fault! It flashed on him and they told him to go back and "see the sunshine";) and he said "W4,I cannot back my train up!!!" lol.....HA HA HA HA! You can't make this stuff up!!!! SOB...:confused:

More like A$$ system. Twice already when I was on the midnight shift, my train sat just outside of 86st north end coming in S/B, due to A$$ and a train being in front of me. When a train is late and A$$ is set up for your train, and that train enters in front of you, you get a 10 minute screw, and no control won't pick up the radio, cause their is essentially nothing they can do. it gets so bad calling them, that Grand tower, gets on the radio calling them also. Control never says anything to us though, just the tower.

Rule is after 2, no train in front, control, I'm securing my train, and going to use a wayside phone. Notify my C/R, chow, take tools, and take a walk. it will be nice and slow too..........

That is the way they look at it. No strike mark on the front, snow block there, f-em. It can be possible a signal malfunctioned and tripped another car, but no strike marks found, so they got nothing. Maybe your C/R did it, and reset it, lol!!!! Did you piss them off earlier???

lol!!! Nah,the C/R was a cool...I think he/she enjoyed p*ssing the customers off!

Yeah your staying RX. I grown up on the A Div Routes so it nothing new to me all it is like is visiting an old friend. QNS section is always the last to go so its nothing new and yeah the (E) they don't want it because yoiu don't have an office at WTC anymore so you have to wait on the Platform for your train.
All the early PM (E) jobs are going.Now I see late (E) jobs paying only 8hrs.All the Old-heads are eating up those 9+ hr. jobs. I was speaking to this Kid the other day and he has 1yr. and 2 mos on the job and he picks about 6min before me on the last day...wtf??:confused: I couldn't believe it! T/O seniority is the worst!!!:tdown:

Archived