Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NASCAR

Life After Schoolcar...

Congratulations!

Btw, I just read the entire thread tonight... 45 pages, wow. For some reason this was my first time stumbling upon this thread. It took me about an hour. So it was kinda cool watching you though the steps from your first day on the job to passing probation on one sitting :cool:

Thanx!

Congratulations!

Btw, I just read the entire thread tonight... 45 pages, wow. For some reason this was my first time stumbling upon this thread. It took me about an hour. So it was kinda cool watching you though the steps from your first day on the job to passing probation on one sitting :cool:

Ha Ha...Hope you enjoyed it!B)

Btw, what does that TSS aka the dik think of you now , hahah B):cool:

Hahahahaha i love that line

Lol...Seriously,that TSS is piece of work.I've seen the TSS since,but it's funny how people don't remember what they say or how the treat you at one time.I NEVER forget...

Today was my FIRST radar check!It's so ironic because I was just talking to my classmate the other day about Van Wyck-Briarwood.Ok, so going N/B from Kew Gardens,before you enter the station it's 25 miles.That's a really fast curve and you can blow into the station pretty quick.I take it easy because there's alot of Layups on D-4 and I don't wanna hit anyone crossing the tracks.Something told me-"NASCAR be easy,come in the station slow because you never know..." lol Guess what? I see a TSS at the Punch with the RADAR GUN!!!:eek: I thought it was sooo funny!B) After I stop,I enabled the doors and Punched my route with a BIG smile on my face!B) The TSS gave a smirk and asked me my pass and I saw he clocked me at 25 mph.To tell you the truth,I was going about 20 mph tops!Sorry Mr.TSS...I'm on TOP of my game playboy...:cool:

They have been doing radar checks for a few years now, I don't remember how long. When I was about 10 or so, people in my area complained to the TA that trains were going too fast and they were shaking the houses. The TA said that they would make sppeds slower and do radar check on the trains through the area.

Today was my FIRST radar check!It's so ironic because I was just talking to my classmate the other day about Van Wyck-Briarwood.Ok, so going N/B from Kew Gardens,before you enter the station it's 25 miles.That's a really fast curve and you can blow into the station pretty quick.I take it easy because there's alot of Layups on D-4 and I don't wanna hit anyone crossing the tracks.Something told me-"NASCAR be easy,come in the station slow because you never know..." lol Guess what? I see a TSS at the Punch with the RADAR GUN!!!:eek: I thought it was sooo funny!:) After I stop,I enabled the doors and Punched my route with a BIG smile on my face!:) The TSS gave a smirk and asked me my pass and I saw he clocked me at 25 mph.To tell you the truth,I was going about 20 mph tops!Sorry Mr.TSS...I'm on TOP of my game playboy...:cool:

He'll get you next time Gadget, next time........

They do it for us, but it's stupid due to the fact alot of those locations have timers............

Today was my FIRST radar check!It's so ironic because I was just talking to my classmate the other day about Van Wyck-Briarwood.Ok, so going N/B from Kew Gardens,before you enter the station it's 25 miles.That's a really fast curve and you can blow into the station pretty quick.I take it easy because there's alot of Layups on D-4 and I don't wanna hit anyone crossing the tracks.Something told me-"NASCAR be easy,come in the station slow because you never know..." lol Guess what? I see a TSS at the Punch with the RADAR GUN!!!:eek: I thought it was sooo funny!:) After I stop,I enabled the doors and Punched my route with a BIG smile on my face!:) The TSS gave a smirk and asked me my pass and I saw he clocked me at 25 mph.To tell you the truth,I was going about 20 mph tops!Sorry Mr.TSS...I'm on TOP of my game playboy...:cool:

I've heard sommetimes the radar readings can be "higher" than actual because if the TSS is moving the gun towards you as he takes your speed it will add MPH to the reading. Wonder if that's what happened to you...good thing your "speed" was still allowable by rule...

I've heard sommetimes the radar readings can be "higher" than actual because if the TSS is moving the gun towards you as he takes your speed it will add MPH to the reading. Wonder if that's what happened to you...good thing your "speed" was still allowable by rule...
Yeh,that's what happened because I was doing 20 mph.

He'll get you next time Gadget, next time........

They do it for us, but it's stupid due to the fact alot of those locations have timers............

What you talkin bout Willis?? They won't get me there...I'll make sure of that.

They have been doing radar checks for a few years now, I don't remember how long. When I was about 10 or so, people in my area complained to the TA that trains were going too fast and they were shaking the houses. The TA said that they would make sppeds slower and do radar check on the trains through the area.
Where? On the (N)(Q)(:P(D) lines?

They do lots of Rador in QNS and other places So far I got 3 Rador violations on my record one was when I was a Probationary T/O on the (D) coming into Bedford PK N/B the speed was 10MPH they got me at 15 MPH over the switch before they put the timer in the middle of the station.

Where? On the (N)(Q)(B)(D) lines?

No, between 15th Street- Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Pkwy on the (F)(G). People had reported tha they were getting cracks in the walls of homes that sit right over the tunnels.

No, between 15th Street- Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Pkwy on the (F)(G). People had reported tha they were getting cracks in the walls of homes that sit right over the tunnels.
Yeah? Wow...

They do lots of Rador in QNS and other places So far I got 3 Rador violations on my record one was when I was a Probationary T/O on the (D) coming into Bedford PK N/B the speed was 10MPH they got me at 15 MPH over the switch before they put the timer in the middle of the station.
That's some BS!5 mph?? They were definitely reaching on that one.As long as the train is going over in a safe speed and people aint falling all over the place,I don't see the big deal.

Hey people wassup??lol I gotta end off the year with ONE more story!lol I know,I know-where have u been NASCAR??Ok just let me tell u that I apologize in advance BUT(GOD FORGIVE ME)this is the funniest sh*t I've seen in a looooong time!U know how u may laugh if someone falls but yur not laughing at if they're hurt or not,just the act of falling?Well......Lemme tell u-Since I wanna make fun of people,lets talk about me first.One day(Can't tell u where)I had to do a Put-in(prepare a train for service for all u civilians:p) and I had to ride a relay train down in the tunnel and get dropped off where my train is then there's an operator on the other side that pulls away when SAFE to do so.Remember the word "SAFE".Down here u MUST ALWAYS communicate because u don't know where people's minds are.Anyways,I tell the operator at the other end"Partner,I'm getting off on the other end and when I get down to the road-bed, I will let u know on the radio and u can charge up and leave."Ok so I pull the train down dump it and open the door and for some reason the storm door isn't locking so I'm wrestling with this SOB and it finally locks and I put the safety chain on and I hear air release- and guess what??The SOB starts to move and I'm like"NOOOOOOO FVCKIN WAY!!!"I told this DIK that I will let him know when it's SAFE to move via the radio!!!!:mad: Guess what I had to do?Yup- jump off that sucker QUICKLY!!!!I threw my bag on the tracks and hopped off that MF!!!It was a scary feeling because I could have been hurt really bad or killed.I'm in pretty good shape but some people down here have back and leg problems and lets face it,some operators are kinda up there in age and I know prolly wouldn't have the BALLZ to jump cuz its REALLY high!!!!!I didn't bang this DIK in because I'm not a sucka like that BUT I can't wait to see him because I'm definitely gonna give him a piece of my mind-and would you believe he came out of my class??lol SOB Anyways,I was ok(thank GOD) and was able to make my interval.This may sound crazy but sometimes workin for Transit either u gonna laugh or you'll end up Cryin!:cry: Remember the word CRY!!lolololololol Ok so lets move on to the story of the day...I had a job that required me to do a relay and this time I'm on the other end pulling the train out of the tunnel to go into service south-bound.Ok so the the train operator on the other end dumps the train gives me two buzzes so I can charge up and move into the station when I get the line-up.After I charge up,I'm putting in my ear-plugs and I hear a LOUD scream so I'm like-WTF is that??:confused:The scream is getting closer and closer...I hop up and look out my cab window on the operators side and see nothing!WTF is that noise??So I look out the cab window and it sounds like a woman screaming.It's a loud pitch sound!You ever go into a haunted house and hear the fake spooky ghost sounds like.....Whooooooahhhhhhhhhhh.......Whoooooooooahhhhhhhhh........whoooooooahhhhhhhhhhhh??!!!YEH it sounds similar to that but to give you a better picture in yur mind,imagine the Pillsbury Doe Boy yelling Whoooooooooahhhhhhh.......Whoooooooooahhhhhhhh REALLY LOUD!WTF??:confused:Ok so I finally see an orange vest and it's a Train Operator yelling into the radio!So I yell saying "what's up partner?? You ok??"The operator kept yelling in the high pitched Pillsbury Doe Boy Ghost voice....."Whoooooooahhhhhhh.....Whooooooooooahhhhhhhh-Control,Control Im the train operator on the ****Put-in(Can't tell U again:p) and the train took off on me while I was on the back and MY BAG,MY BAG is on the back of the train....Whooooooooooahhhhhhhhhh.........whooooooooahhhhhh.......MY BAG,MY BAG........Whooooooooahhhhhhhh........Whooooooooooooahhhh!!!"So the operator yells to me"let me up....let me up!"So the Operator climbs up to my cab and I open the door and guess what?The operator's sweating and crying like a little kid who lost his/her mama at the mall!Guess what?It's a Grown-azz MAN!!!!!!!!lolololol YESSSSSSSSS a GROWN MAN sounding like a GIRL!!!So controls says to him"Operator calm down with all that anxiety we can't understand what yur saying,can you please talk clearly so we can help you."So the Pillsbury Doe Boy Ghost sounding train operator says "Control-MY BAG,MY BAG is on the relay train that left me and please don't let it leave from the terminal.....Whoooooooooahhhhhhhhh.....Whoooooooahhhhhh.....MY BAG,MY BAG!!" So control finally contacts the tower and says for the Female Operator to contact them when they get to the terminal.LMAO!!!!!FEMALE operator???lolololol Ok it gets better.....The FEMALE sounding Pillsbury Doe Boy Ghost voice Train Operator GRABS the master controller of MY train and tries to take power on some taking of Pelham Bay Sh*t to get the GOD D*MN BAG!!!WTF is wrong with this dude??I take my keys out of the train and finally tell him to RELAX and CALM down because someone is gonna get the bag....GEEEESH! So he's STILL crying and sweating and HOPS off my train and RUNS down the tracks ALL THE WAY into the station hoping to get that BAG!!!!!!!I finally get the line-up and didn't move because a Pillsbury Doe Boy is running down the tracks like a Jack-azz!SMH Later on that day I found out he got the bag because when I came into the crewroom I see him eating his lunch very quietly....Mr.Female sounding Pillsbury Doe Boy Ghost voice Train Operator u ought to be ASHAMED of yurself....MAN UP!!!! Yur worried about a BAG????You could have been seriously hurt or killed and here you are acting like a little wussss!!!!!!You have become the laughing stock of the terminal now.....Whoooooooooahhhhhhh........Whooooooooahhhhhhhh!!Are you kidding me?lolololololol I'm not finished(I know it's a long story)the SAME train that left him was the SAME train I had to jump off of and it's the SAME job Pillsbury Ghost had and the SAME track HIS train was layed up on for him to put into service!!!!!!LMAO lolololololol!!!!!!You CAN'T make this stuff up!!!Seriously,I'm glad he wasn't hurt tho....Everyone have a safe New Year and many Blessings!NASCAR.....IAM Bob Ross

Edited by NASCAR

lol. Interesting story. Who knows what she might of had in that back for her to act up like that. Close call with the t/o who nearly killed you.
lol..With all due respect it was a guy.That was some wild stuff that went down,glad I'm here to tell you about it!This job can be dangerous at times.....

lol! That's crazy! One time I left my bag on a C train in the cab it was a sinking feeling but never got that crazy over it. I got reunited with my stuff at the other terminal.

lol! That's crazy! One time I left my bag on a C train in the cab it was a sinking feeling but never got that crazy over it. I got reunited with my stuff at the other terminal.
That whole situation made me uncomfortable man......I was in total shock!I really felt sorry for the guy.Yeh,I lost my radio once and didn't realize it til the next day!I was more p*ssed than anything because I didn't wan't to pay 900$ for that POS radio!Luckily,I called the terminal from the nite before and someone was nice enough to leave it with the TD.:)