Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

Dave you and I both know how things work. Maybe one day Nascar will to IF he lasts long enough. He talks about "messing up the job" when he doesn't know anything about the job YET. But he thinks he knows everything, without an actual day on the job yet.

Nascar you're right when you edited your earlier post to say that you and me aren't cut from the same cloth. I respect my partner and understand that he needs his job as much as I do. You obviously don't!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave you and I both know how things work. Maybe one day Nascar will to IF he lasts long enough. He talks about "messing up the job" when he doesn't know anything about the job YET. But he thinks he knows everything, without an actual day on the job yet.

Nascar you're right when you edited your earlier post to say that you and me aren't cut from the same cloth. I respect my partner and understand that he needs his job as much as I do. You obviously don't!

Lol..Go kick rocks man.Yur giving me a headache.I feel like I'm arguing with the Wife!Ok,Ok you won....I'm finished playboy.

When my bro was a student with a T/O on the 5 a similar incident happened....TSS made it seem like he was a drunk and like he just killed someone. The C/R was some a$$hole that no one likes working with. But from the C/Rs point in the train he/she really dosent know who is operating especially on the R142/A/143/160, unless a T/O dose certain things. NTT feels the same no matter what T/O is operating. My bro spent time on the 7 and this one C/R hated how he operated, he would wait untill the very last second to stop that train or he would brake/coast/brake/coast/brake/coast/STOP, but the fact he was so used to working with NTT trains he didnt feel comfortable with the R62As.

I see I've been missing all the excitement ... have to check things out more often ... :( LOL ........... Dave , Jah , how you guys been doing? I had an unbelievable week , I got double reports 4 straight days , two before and two after my RDO's , then had the Q all weekend with the GO. So , today , I am rewarding myself and my wife with all that OT money coming my way with a trip down to AC , play some poker.

NASCAR , some friendly advice for you since you decided to go public on this board with your problem ... I understand you're pissed about what happened ... I did the same thing in school car , dumped a train once when I was road posting , but the conductor let it go. When he let me hear about it rather angrily at the terminal later , I was humble and shut up and took what he said without an attitude even though I'm twice his size and half his age , and wasn't intimidated by him ... the conductor whether you like it or not doesn't have to show you any consideration because you're not a train operator yet , you're still a student like we ALL were until we finished the program ... what the conductor did hurt the T/O , but like it was said earlier , you don't know their relationship or the conductors file ... we all make mistakes down here , but a word of advice that will probably piss you off but you should take anyway is to change that crappy attitude you have , because I'll bet anybody who wants to take the bet that you don't last past probation if you act in person with your co-workers and the supervisors the way you talk smack on here ... and I know you don't like my saying it but honestly , I'm looking out for you. If you do finish training , you have 6 and a half months to go on probation and if one or two TSS's get a hard on to nail you because they don't like your attitude , you're screwed. Your co-workers and supervisors know that the new guys are going to make mistakes , it's their perception of your attitude thats going to in many instances determine whether or not people are inclined to help you or not down here. Good luck , and stay humble.

NASCAR , some friendly advice for you since you decided to go public on this board with your problem ... I understand you're pissed about what happened ... I did the same thing in school car , dumped a train once when I was road posting , but the conductor let it go. When he let me hear about it rather angrily at the terminal later , I was humble and shut up and took what he said without an attitude even though I'm twice his size and half his age , and wasn't intimidated by him ... the conductor whether you like it or not doesn't have to show you any consideration because you're not a train operator yet , you're still a student like we ALL were until we finished the program ... what the conductor did hurt the T/O , but like it was said earlier , you don't know their relationship or the conductors file ... we all make mistakes down here , but a word of advice that will probably piss you off but you should take anyway is to change that crappy attitude you have , because I'll bet anybody who wants to take the bet that you don't last past probation if you act in person with your co-workers and the supervisors the way you talk smack on here ... and I know you don't like my saying it but honestly , I'm looking out for you. If you do finish training , you have 6 and a half months to go on probation and if one or two TSS's get a hard on to nail you because they don't like your attitude , you're screwed. Your co-workers and supervisors know that the new guys are going to make mistakes , it's their perception of your attitude thats going to in many instances determine whether or not people are inclined to help you or not down here. Good luck , and stay humble.

Mike that's some sound advice. But being a know it all and being humble usually don't go to well together. What you said was very true though.

I know NASCAR we are cool and I know him in person. I wish everything during School car and Probation goes well for him. I also believe the situation could have been handled better but bottom line C/R followed proceedure. I can't really add without repeating what been said by Jah and Mike. This is life in RTO things happen and you got to know how to handle things the right way or you could get burned. Part of that is Knowing WHO your working with. As a New T/O lots of people in all titles are going to try you see how you react. Just try to be humble and protect your job.

Wow!You guys are really waiting for my downfall huh?lol Such nice people..Thank you very much..:) I'm gonna be around for a while,don't worry.My operation is pretty good for guy with a couple months on the job.Now for those who are interested,I'm NASCAR one of the coolest dudes around.I started this thread for entertainment purposes and to let a little stress out and to take you thru "MY WORLD" as a T/O.Now,some people may think that I'm cocky or have an attitude or may not agree with me but honestly,I really don't care...I'm having FUN and if I stop posting y'all gonna be bored ya dig?Back to our regular scheduled program...You so called "seasoned" T/O's need to stop with all this rubbish!If I need some advice,I'll call my Lawyer.:rolleyes Elvis has left the building!!B) Dave,wassup buddy? How we lookin out there?

Back from AC , tuned up for the World Series of Poker events I'll be playing at Harrah's my next two sets of RDO's ... $500 buy in events , NOT the $10k main event that is televised for anybody who watches TV and knows about poker. But still will be decent prize pool , although I'll be competing for thousands , not millions. Had my pocket Queens cracked by 3-6 suited :mad: for those of you that know what that means , yes , you read it right. But was only a $100 buy in event so that was where the lightweights like to play. The real test comes next week. B)

NASCAR , if Dave says your cool , you're cool. I don't know him personally yet , but here on these boards he's THE man , so his word is good as gold. Good luck with the training. The conductor could have given you a break , but it's done. I was giving you a heads up because I've seen guys I know and went through school car with , I can think of two examples , that took a confrontational approach to the job , rules , supervision etc. from day one and though they made it past probation , they had a rougher ride than necessary along the way. I got a real dose of the MTA B.S. myself these last two weeks with scheduling , so I'm not in the best mood with the job right now , not "sticking up for it" just doing what I have to do each day , and passing along some advice to you. As far as I see it , we're cool , and if I'm ever deadheading somewhere on one of your trains , I promise not to pull any cords , then reset them , while you're going over a bridge ... in the snow ... late at night ... leaving you with a big headache ... :eek:

I promise man ... honest ... you can always trust a poker player ... :cool:

PS , I'm not taking bets any longer against you , it's officially called off :)

Sorry for the delay guys,yesterday I was on the Q line beasting!I had mostly 68A's 5000 series trains.That thing has a mind of it's own I swear!I got that train figured out.See the 68A's dynamic breaking is the key.I blew in stations hot and gave it a really good break which slowed it down then gradually released getting it under control by the 8 car mark so I can glide to the 10.My operation has improved and my trainer was pleased.My C/R liked my operation too...I also ran into the TSS that control sicked on me Friday.Looks like the Supt. got this dude running around crazy.He doesn't look relaxed at all..:cool:You gotta be crazy to pick the Q! 3 trips and it pays Nothing!THAT'S BLOOD MONEY!!

Hello NASCAR and Mike! Everything is good with me. Mike I don't know what to say thanks for the kind words didn't know I had a following or you bettering me up for when I become TSS?:) LOL!

The (Q) is not a bad line you must of just got stuck with a bad job they have a few Money jobs on the line with decent breaks. That being said you won't find me working it and could of picked it 5 days on PM's but closed out on AM's. You want blood money try 3 trips on the (C) 4 trips on the (E) 4 trips on the (W) 5 trips on the (L) and 4 trips on the (J).

The R68A I hate those trains but can handle them if I have too. My A Div people tell me the R62A's on the (7) Line are the same way. Thats one of the thing I going to hate when I make the move back to the other side is Road Posting all over again.

How does the (R) payout? How high is it in seniority?

It depends on the tour. On the a.m.'s the R is pretty high seniority out of Brooklyn but not out of queens.

Everything starting out of stillwell and 95 on the a.m.'s is pretty high seniority because of the close proximity to staten island and Jersey.

The R like most lines these days has very little money

You want blood money try 3 trips on the (C) 4 trips on the (E) 4 trips on the (W) 5 trips on the (L) and 4 trips on the (J).

I cringe just thinking about those jobs you mention. I wouldn't pick any of them for less than 13 hours a day and we know those days are gone. The crazy thing is the disparity in the pay like on the C during the week 3 trips pays like 11 hours but on the weekend that same 3 trips pays 9-9 and a half.

Another blood money job is 12 trips on the M shuttle on the weekends. The trips are short but you're on the train for close to 9 hours the way the schedule is.

So Q sucks to make $$ on? *takes notes* B)
I can't say all the jobs,this was my second time over on that line at different intervals and it was 8 hours only.By the 3rd trip,I was tired.I didn't complain but my trainer started to get pissed yelling and ranting about it's too many trips!Lol..I was doing all the work!I think they should pay a little more tho.I'm hearing they might extend it to Ditmars which would be cool!Two trips is enough bro..When you only have time to take a leak and read the cover page of the News,it's ruff..ha ha! This T/O stuff is the real deal! Are you ready??:)

When you only have time to take a leak and read the cover page of the News,it's ruff..ha ha! This T/O stuff is the real deal! Are you ready??:)

Looks like I found a way to lose weight B) lol work for the MTA. Yeah, I'm ready. B)

It depends on the tour. On the a.m.'s the R is pretty high seniority out of Brooklyn but not out of queens.

Everything starting out of stillwell and 95 on the a.m.'s is pretty high seniority because of the close proximity to staten island and Jersey.

The R like most lines these days has very little money

Damn, that sucks. Would be nice for me to work on the AMs and report to 95th Street since I don't live far from 95th Street. Only 5 stops away from 95th Street.

Hello NASCAR and Mike! Everything is good with me. Mike I don't know what to say thanks for the kind words didn't know I had a following or you bettering me up for when I become TSS?B) LOL!

The (Q) is not a bad line you must of just got stuck with a bad job they have a few Money jobs on the line with decent breaks. That being said you won't find me working it and could of picked it 5 days on PM's but closed out on AM's. You want blood money try 3 trips on the (C) 4 trips on the (E) 4 trips on the (W) 5 trips on the (L) and 4 trips on the (J).

The R68A I hate those trains but can handle them if I have too. My A Div people tell me the R62A's on the (7) Line are the same way. Thats one of the thing I going to hate when I make the move back to the other side is Road Posting all over again.

I happen to like the C,maybe because the guy I had has close to 2 hr. Waa at Euclid.:DThe people over at Euclid are cool,I wouldn't mind working there.The E is a different animal!:eek:I heard it pays good if you have high seniority.You going back to the A div. huh?I don't blame you,less trains and less punches.:) Big Brothers watching over that way tho.:eek:

Don't get me wrong I like the (C) Line as well I worked it for almost 3 Picks. I did work those 3 trippers on the Wkend and always hoping service was suspended you only got to to stand on the platfrom to wait for the next train which is YOU to GO! Oh you had that job with 2 Hours WAA at Euclid let me find out I know that C/R. Now I get the real scope on your operation!:)

You Know Jah the worst job I ever did was that (E) job with 4 Trips and the last trip Local both Directions. I picked it up off the Board talk about a long Night.:mad:

You Know Jah the worst job I ever did was that (E) job with 4 Trips and the last trip Local both Directions. I picked it up off the Board talk about a long Night.:mad:

I've never worked the road on any tour but a.m.'s so I guess even the worst job is slightly better during the day than at night.

I would take 4 on the E over 3 on the C, at least theres no relay.

Sorry for the delay guys,yesterday I was on the Q line beasting!I had mostly 68A's 5000 series trains.That thing has a mind of it's own I swear!I got that train figured out.See the 68A's dynamic breaking is the key.I blew in stations hot and gave it a really good break which slowed it down then gradually released getting it under control by the 8 car mark so I can glide to the 10.My operation has improved and my trainer was pleased.My C/R liked my operation too...I also ran into the TSS that control sicked on me Friday.Looks like the Supt. got this dude running around crazy.He doesn't look relaxed at all..:cool:You gotta be crazy to pick the Q! 3 trips and it pays Nothing!THAT'S BLOOD MONEY!!
Nascar when you say you blow into the stations HOT, does that mean you dont brake before entering the terminal????? Im just trying to get a feel on this lingo haha.

I was just in NYC this weekend and was at Times Sq station and man the 2 3 trains were coming into the station VERY SLOW. I would guesstimate 10 mph w greens all in front of them. I was just thinking to myself man I know I could stop a train on that 10 marker going that slow into a terminal ( I Think Anyways ) now blowing into a station and braking in the middle of the platform is another story, enlighten me boys on how it works I prob only got 4 more years til im a motorman :)

Archived