MTA CONDUCTOR EXTRA

lrs856

41 minutes ago, lrs856 said:

How long is that?

how much time is needed to ahieve seniority?

Depends there's no timetable for things like that..

I was extra extra for nearly 5 years...

BTW they "froze" your sick time? Can you elborate?

Edited by RTOMan

At the point where there are more jobs available than conductors, you will be able to pick a job.  But be careful for what you wish for.  Your first pick is lousy because you are picking the table scraps and you may have to travel to places you don't like to report to for the entire pick.  One guy does not pick: the very last guy has to take the very last job/RDO relief job/flagging job.

As for having your sick time frozen,  add me to the "club" of not knowing what you are talking about.  Unless you are confused about being on the "Sick Control List".  On that you need doctors lines for when you book off sick, even for 1 day.  If not, you don't get paid and lose the day from your bank, plus probably get into "hot water".  That's all I can say about that since I was never on Sick Control.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

At the point where there are more jobs available than conductors, you will be able to pick a job.  But be careful for what you wish for.  Your first pick is lousy because you are picking the table scraps and you may have to travel to places you don't like to report to for the entire pick.  One guy does not pick: the very last guy has to take the very last job/RDO relief job/flagging job.

As for having your sick time frozen,  add me to the "club" of not knowing what you are talking about.  Unless you are confused about being on the "Sick Control List".  On that you need doctors lines for when you book off sick, even for 1 day.  If not, you don't get paid and lose the day from your bank, plus probably get into "hot water".  That's all I can say about that since I was never on Sick Control.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, RTOMan said:

Depends there's no timetable for things like that..

I was extra extra for nearly 5 years...

BTW they "froze" your sick time? Can you elborate?

YES!!!! Sick control is the term. Sorry was drawing a blank. I had broke my toe and used up all my sick time to recover so I was put on sick control, it's been a year since that happened.

last night we finished early and my coworker said we could leave early because we were on a penalty job? so we left 13 minutes before our 10 hr shift was up.

Is it true we can leave early if working a penalty job? what is a penalty job?

Sorry still learning the ropes

16 minutes ago, lrs856 said:

last night we finished early and my coworker said we could leave early because we were on a penalty job? so we left 13 minutes before our 10 hr shift was up.

I would advise against leaving even 5 minutes early anymore.  I am surprised the person with the payroll let you sign out 13 minutes early.  They could have called you (and/or your partner) for a random during that time (very unlikely but better not to take a chance).  IDK if they still have the same rule as when I was there that you don't have to sign out if you have a penalty job anymore, but I always signed out just the same.  Plus within that 13 minutes time, Control could have called the terminal asking you about a (possible) incident on one of your intervals.  Now terminal supervision would be looking for you.  You would technically be still on the clock and now AWOL since you were not there to answer the inquiry.  Finally, don't you still have to scan your pass when you leave the terminal for home?  Excuse me for not knowing all the procedures because I have been retired going on 7 years. 

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

4 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I would advise against leaving even 5 minutes early anymore.  I am surprised the person with the payroll let you sign out 13 minutes early.  They could have called you (and/or your partner) for a random during that time (very unlikely but better not to take a chance).  IDK if they still have the same rule as when I was there that you don't have to sign out if you have a penalty job anymore, but I always signed out just the same.  Plus within that 13 minutes time, Control could have called the terminal asking you about a (possible) incident on one of your intervals.  Now terminal supervision would be looking for you.  You would technically be still on the clock and now AWOL since you were not there to answer the inquiry.  Finally, don't you still have to scan your pass when you leave the terminal for home?  Excuse me for not knowing all the procedures because I have been retired going on 7 years. 

we just sign in and out

19 hours ago, lrs856 said:

How is it that you have 3 years and don’t know these basic rules? Just genuinely asking...

23 hours ago, lrs856 said:

we just sign in and out

It's quite simple to stay out of trouble (101): SIGN IN on time so you won't be late and have your time cut; SIGN OUT at or after your time (with a late clear). 

NEVER SIGN OUT EARLY, EVEN IF THE SUPERVISOR WITH THE PAYROLL IS NOT LOOKING.  Because if you are being looked for after you're gone, THE SUPERVISOR GETS IN TROUBLE TOO!  And SUPERVISORS REMEMBER!

On 11/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, lrs856 said:

Um no. You just don"t have to sign out. Unless there's WAA at the end.