Congress Agrees on Stimulus Package - $4 Billion for MTA - Cuts Avoided for 2020

Via Garibaldi 8

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Hoping by tomorrow afternoon or evening this gets passed into law and the (MTA) can focus on 2022 budget..

What I noticed missing is that artic orders are suspended right now.  Hopefully, we get artic orders for 2022-2023 with Nova and New Flyer. 

Since 1200-1289 LFSA's are going to be 13 years old.

Congress will likely vote on it in the next few days and Trump will sign off on it shortly after.

12 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Hoping by tomorrow afternoon or evening this gets passed into law and the (MTA) can focus on 2022 budget..

What I noticed missing is that artic orders are suspended right now.  Hopefully, we get artic orders for 2022-2023 with Nova and New Flyer. 

Since 1200-1289 LFSA's are going to be 13 years old.

I'll miss those 12XXs..

However, hopefully we do get some artic orders, not just for those to be retired, but in general for fleet expansion.

This is what we call the bare minimum, and it's still a ridiculous indictment of our misplaced priorities that the airline industry (already bailed out significantly) gets more money than transit, despite benefiting vastly fewer people. But it's still massively important and we should all be glad that it passed. 

1 hour ago, MHV9218 said:

This is what we call the bare minimum, and it's still a ridiculous indictment of our misplaced priorities that the airline industry (already bailed out significantly) gets more money than transit, despite benefiting vastly fewer people. But it's still massively important and we should all be glad that it passed. 

I am waiting to see the final language before I celebrate. I am skeptical of bills that Congress agrees to before the text is in their hands.

Remember, Congress flies...some of them on a weekly basis. When airlines start telling folks in DC they might have to transfer TWICE to get home, they get results.

That motorcoach business...ugh. Get more caskets out.

That means another round of public hearings for the specific service "changes" that will occur, maybe in June 2021 or September 2021.

Note that the "changes" can't wait for the Bus Service Redesigns, except for the Bronx.

But that's for another thread.

23 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

So $4 mil was the bare minimum, huh?

22 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Trump will sign off on it shortly after.

12 hours ago, CenSin said:

Lol. Trying to predict his actions? 😂

Considering his status as a lame-duck now, I don't think I can predict the man. Could be he throws his fists in his air and says "actually, I don't care about helping anyone anymore." But hopefully that's an exaggeration.

Whatever he does, he will likely make a point about how he should've been elected instead of Biden lmao

Edited by Bay Ridge Express
mild joke

22 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Considering his status as a lame-duck now, I don't think I can predict the man. Could be he throws his fists in his air and says "actually, I don't care about helping anyone anymore." But hopefully that's an exaggeration.

Whatever he does, he will likely make a point about how he should've been elected instead of Biden lmao

MF still think he's gonna be sworn in on 20 Jan and that we aren't gonna throw hands at him and the GOP for using archaic law to legitimize a coup.

Let him eff around; he'll find out.