GPS on M72 bus

FamousNYLover

After visiting Engine 44 at 75th St, I wasn't expecting to board the M72 bus with GPS and that was at 18:33.

When someone press button, it said in female voice.

"Stop Requested."

"Next stop is Lexington Av. Tranfer to M101, M102, M103 and during the weekday rush hours, M98 buses with 6 train."

"Next stop is Madison Av. Transfer to M1, M2, M3 and M4 buses."

"Next stop is 5th Av. Transfer to M1, M2, M3, M4 and during the weekday rush hours, M30 buses."

"Next stop is 5th Av/67th St, Central Park Zoo. Transfer to M1, M2, M3, M4 buses."

"Next stop is Central Park West & 72nd St. Transfer to M10 with B or C train."

"Next stop is Columbus Av. Transfer to M7 and M11 buses."

"Next stop is Amsterdam Av. Transfer to M7 and M11 buses."

"Next stop is Broadway. Transfer to M5, M57, and M104 buses with 1, 2 or 3 trains."

was it an Orion VII? cuz I rode one for the first time on the Mangattan 16, and I heard an automated voice pulling the Stop Request Rope going to 34th and 8th

i dunno of if the 72s are using them or the articulated =S

I was on the M15 in June when I heard similar announcements. The thing had LED for the announcement as well.

I was also on an M15 like that during the summer, but I think later. Probably August. I assume its the same bus unless there are more using that same systen

I was also on an M15 like that during the summer, but I think later. Probably August. I assume its the same bus unless there are more using that same systen

That was probably a test bus. So I'm guessing it was the same bus. Next thing you'll know is, they will have FINDs on the artics. Something to anticipate for??? :confused:

Archived